Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NachoB
  1.    #1  
    sry if this has been asked before but I swear I tried searching! Anyway, is there an easy way to find an application's id? I've noticed some programs (includig preset reset) have functions requiring the input of an "application id". I know the developer builds this into the app but is there an easy way to determine it without emailing them?Thanks!
    Use Internalz.

Built in apps are in
    /usr/palm/applications

Downloaded apps are in
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications

The individual folder names are the app id
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/03/2010 at 05:59 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    uconnpat likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by netzer119 View Post
    sry if this has been asked before but I swear I tried searching! Anyway, is there an easy way to find an application's id? I've noticed some programs (includig preset reset) have functions requiring the input of an "application id". I know the developer builds this into the app but is there an easy way to determine it without emailing them?Thanks!
    Two very easy options .
    1)If you have Preware, then install save/restore and look up the app in the install applications and the app id is under the name (common format is com.company.appname)

2)Open the app cat, go to the app, select share, chose text, now a text will open with the following
    check out app name:
    http://....packageid=app
    id
    &application id=....
    (The app id is where I have the bold and italics and should be in the same format as one, just copy it out)

Pip
  4.    #4  
    thank u! both of u! i now have my pixi reset every morning and automatically load up messaging and aniweather so i wake up to my texts and a lovely animated weather screen. thank youuu i love the community!
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Two very easy options .
    1)If you have Preware, then install save/restore and look up the app in the install applications and the app id is under the name (common format is com.company.appname)

2)Open the app cat, go to the app, select share, chose text, now a text will open with the following
    check out app name:
    http://....packageid=app
    id
    &application id=....
    (The app id is where I have the bold and italics and should be in the same format as one, just copy it out)

Pip
    Actually, if you have preware, you can just search for the install app and it should show on the detail screen for that app!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    what if its a app created by another app. i've got multiple app launcher that created an app called group 1 that i want to use, but i need it's id