Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    This post serves as an unofficial, short term roadmap for Chartographer. Hopefully it will help you see the direction in which I am headed and track my progess.

- Add directions.
    - Cache most recent map before close to speed up the loading process
    - Create formal icons for "Follow" and "Find", in addition to menu choices.
    It is showing up as not a valid webos application
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quick on the draw I see! it is currently in the 2 hour window that beta apps have to wait in before they show up in the feeds. I set up the threads as a preemptive attempt to provide users a way to contact me and other users.
    oh ok so is this is a map program similiar to google maps and bfgmaps?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    think of it more as an enhanced google maps than bfgmaps. bfgmaps has some really cool features, but aren't necessarily the best for using on the road. Im trying to make this app very usable while traveling. While driving, (although I don't condone this) if you need to get directions, you need a fast loading app and has easy to hit buttons that are also intuitive. The is the direction I plan to take this.
    Ok I will be patiently waiting to try the app out. Thanks!
    I love these kinds of app! Can't wait to try it.
    does it have street view options?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    no street view for now
    This thing loads fast. I like the popup and the side screen menus.
    Great start to yet another wonderful mapping app for WebOS. Is there a way to change the default menu colors in your app from black on grey? They are hard to read.
    I'm always happy to see another map app. It loaded quickly and found me immediately. Can't wait to try it out on the road.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    i am pushing out an update within the next few days that will change the menu color to a light gray or white (i forgot to do that before I shipped it out). When I can, ill make icons so that there wont be text, or at least very few text labels.

As an update, Ive already fixed a few bugs, but I want to fix a few more before I seed it out. Sit tight!
    feature request: autozoom based on speed; when goin faster, zoom out and show more of what is ahead, zoom in when going slow. Also maybe a choice of orient map north or direction of travel.
    don't know if google api allows this stuff but bfgmaps has surprised me.
    Quote Originally Posted by illadelphatic View Post
    feature request: autozoom based on speed; when goin faster, zoom out and show more of what is ahead, zoom in when going slow. Also maybe a choice of orient map north or direction of travel.
    don't know if google api allows this stuff but bfgmaps has surprised me.
    Very cool idea!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie