1.    #1  
    I don't think we have a thread that covers ALL spam and scam apps (REALLY sorry if we do) so I figured why not make a thread to report and talk about apps that are spam (like Upward Mobility apps) or stupid scam apps that just pull up a blank screen (like the bogus Beta Flash player).

Lately lots of scam apps have been appearing, and crushing my hopes The reason I decided to start this thread in the first place was because of the scam Beta Flash Player I found. My eyes almost exploded when I saw the Flash Player. I downloaded it and all I got was a blank screen. The app was a blank screen! I was REALLY excited to have flash (you suck, scam dev), BUT IT WAS JUST A SCAM

I also downloaded another bogus app (it just wasn't my day, was it?). It was an app titled Android (because it was supposed be Opera Mini web browser app, like android phones have) I believe it might have been briefly discussed in a forum or two. Anyway, after my flash disappointment, I was excited to see another possible breakthrough app. This app was stated to be a Opera Mini web browser, but yet again, another blank screen . After this I went on precentral and realized that others were getting scammed too.

Also, there is an app that I don't think should be in the app catalog. It has been mentioned in other threads, but, I figured why not mention it here too. The "This App Does Nothing" app (if aren't familiar with that app, it is REALLY called "This App Does Nothing", seriously). What does this app do? NOTHING. It was originally 5$ (but the price later exploded), but still, why would you even pay a dime for an app that does NOTHING? Back when it was $5 dollars and just came in the app catalog I was curious to see what it does(because maybe it actually did something), but I wasn't going to waste my money on an app where the title explains the app is useless. A few days later I went to the app catalog and saw the app price had sky rocketed to a mind blowing $100 FOR AN APP THAT DOES NOTHING!!!! I don't know anyone who would pay $100 for an app the does something, let alone nothing. In the description it stated "**SPECIAL END-OF-SUMMER UNSALE (that's special?)! BUY NOW WHILE IT'S MORE EXPENSIVE**". Ok, that is just plain stupid. Why would Palm give this app the OK anyway? Has Palm been a sleep at the wheel? And, why did they let the dev or whoever raise the useless app price to $100? I'm not a happy camper (as you can tell)

One last thing (promise), I'm sick of stupid spam apps by devs like Upward Mobility. I don't think anyone buys those apps (their latest contribution to the app catalog has 5 downloads and 0 reviews), and they are getting annoying. Coming into the catalog thinking a bunch of new apps have been created, but really a bunch of new spam apps have been created.

Soo..sorry for the rant lol. And, please mention your encounters with Spam and Scam apps.
    yes we do, and thanks for playing
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post

I'm sick of stupid spam apps by devs like Upward Mobility. I don't think anyone buys those apps (their latest contribution to the app catalog has 5 downloads and 0 reviews), and they are getting annoying. Coming into the catalog thinking a bunch of new apps have been created, but really a bunch of new spam apps have been created.

Soo..sorry for the rant lol. And, please mention your encounters with Spam and Scam apps.
    You can blacklist all these developers in Preware. Go to to Preferences, which you'll see at the bottom, and add their name to the list.
    Hey - just want to address these comments - we sell a lot of Palm apps, and they're all legit custom-written test prep by certified experts in the fields. In a more mature app store, no one even notices us and we're an essential contributor to filling key niches.

Most of our apps are 4 and 5 stars, and one was a Palm Hot Apps winner in the paid category.