1.    #1  
    Doesn't appear to be any thread on the topic so I'll start one for a central ask for help/info with the game if the site linked below doesn't address the question. Resources seem to be slim for this game despite it's popularity across all the platforms it is on. Basically I think it is the more subtle details that are missing. I did find a site that offers walkthroughs and strategies but doesn't appear to have the one piece of info I needed to know from just starting the game. Either that or it is poorly organized and I don't know where to look to find the info.

Following the in game attempt to guide me through some basics it has you build a lumber building. It states the colored dots show where it can be built but doesn't really expand on that much. It says the colors indicate how well suited the area is but leave it at that. moving the placement thing around also has colored arrows the game provides no info to you about. The obvious silver with red X is can't place at all. But then there are orange, light green, and dark green arrows which allow you to place. My question is what are these supposed to mean? I assume like other games of this style placement is important not just location but it's subtle placement too.

Here is the site I mentioned: Welcome to the Settlers Gang Home Page
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    dark green = best place to build that bldg.
    light green = good place
    yellow = not the best place
    orange = better than nothing at all...barely
    red = fer get a bout it!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

3.    #3  
    Does any of that effect the productivity or whatever of the building? Like am I going to have problems with having it placed when colors other than dark green? Basically what effects are there for placing in the colors other than dark green. Coming from warcraft, star craft, and maybe a couple other strategy games all that mattered was room for the building and precise placement was meaningless.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Does any of that effect the productivity or whatever of the building? Like am I going to have problems with having it placed when colors other than dark green? Basically what effects are there for placing in the colors other than dark green. Coming from warcraft, star craft, and maybe a couple other strategy games all that mattered was room for the building and precise placement was meaningless.
    I haven't discovered the 'penalty' for placing a building in less than optimum location yet. At first I thought it would make the building of the unit harder, but maybe the productivity is hampered. Like you, I haven't found a good description of this, but somewhere along the way while doing the first 'tutorial' sessions, I recall being 'told' that it's best to build on dark green, and less so as I described in my first post. You've got me interested to figure it out though!

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

5.    #5  
    I went ahead with the game and got a tutorial message that says color effects how long it takes to get the building built so I guess that is as good a reason as any to stick to dark green as much as possible. Not sure if there are other factors yet.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Are there any good sites to get tips and tricks on the game? I have no idea what to do with the warship or catapult. There is stuff that isn't explained in the tutorial. Also, I could have a ton of mines, smelters, etc and still can't get a hammer created. Not sure what I am doing wrong..
  7.    #7  
    I spent an hour or two using google seaches and I could only come up with that one site I linked to. gamefaqs and the few other similar sources for detailed game info seem to be missing any info at all. Considering this games popularity cross all platforms I would have expected there to be at least one detailed guide on gamefaqs like there is for assassins creed and a few other smartphone cross platform games. I had started this thread in hopes those who are playing it on webOS either had other sources or learned from experience to help each other out. I haven't played it all that much so I'm not into the meat of the game. It is still showing me how to do the basic stuff.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Thanks Stoneryno! I know, I did the same endless searches and came up with nothing..not even the Gameloft site!
    The game is a port of the PC game, Settlers 4. There may be more information out there if you search for that.
  10.    #10  
    I just did a quick check of gamefaqs and it looks like settlers II is the only one with guides. If I get some time I try google searching that but you guys will probably beat me to it. I'm so busy that I almost don't have enough time in a day to get everything done.
    I really tried playing this too, have lot of problems, sometimes I am not able to make tools like fishing pole for my fisherman inspite of the fact that smith have enough material to build the tools. It is so frustrating as the game does not communicate back with you. (as o why the smith is not making the tools inspite of material available). Plus I made some resident halls so have bunch of people, but all of them are standing in one corner instead of doing anything. So frustrating again.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Few websites if they help hit thanks:
    Welcome to the Settlers Gang Home Page
    video tutorial
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I think I figured out why sometimes you can't get the toolsmith to make a tool you want. It appears that you can only have 8 items stored outside the shop. Once you hit 8, the shop takes a break until someone comes and takes one of the tools laying around outside the shop. Lets say you have 4 saws, 3 scythes, and a fishing pole. So you order some shovels, and nothing happens. The solution is to build a building that will need one of these tools, so you will have an empty slot to build a shovel. Or, a better solution is to build a storage area and select it to store individual tools, and the workers will pick up the tools at the toolsmith's shop and put them on the storage area. Now you have room at the shop to make more shovels!

I'm not 100 % sure about this, but it seems to be working for me now.

My problem is I can't figure out how to attack the mushroom structure/building in the Dark Tribe level II. It's protected by some flame blasts and I can't get close enough with the catapult. Is there a magic spell to use? Anybody have a clue here?

Settlers is another 3D game I really want. I've decided I'm gonna get one on pay day, but I can't decide between NOVA and Settlers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    I think I figured out why sometimes you can't get the toolsmith to make a tool you want. It appears that you can only have 8 items stored outside the shop. Once you hit 8, the shop takes a break until someone comes and takes one of the tools laying around outside the shop. Lets say you have 4 saws, 3 scythes, and a fishing pole. So you order some shovels, and nothing happens. The solution is to build a building that will need one of these tools, so you will have an empty slot to build a shovel. Or, a better solution is to build a storage area and select it to store individual tools, and the workers will pick up the tools at the toolsmith's shop and put them on the storage area. Now you have room at the shop to make more shovels!

I'm not 100 % sure about this, but it seems to be working for me now.

My problem is I can't figure out how to attack the mushroom structure/building in the Dark Tribe level II. It's protected by some flame blasts and I can't get close enough with the catapult. Is there a magic spell to use? Anybody have a clue here?
    This issue made me stop playing the game... If this is the solution it needs to be in the help.. I will try starting a new game , but this point makesit unplayable

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    This issue made me stop playing the game... If this is the solution it needs to be in the help.. I will try starting a new game , but this point makesit unplayable

Let us know if it works for you. I'm going to try and start a new game and see if I can reproduce this issue AND then solve it!

Oh, and it looks like (reading the walkthrough on one of those help pages you guys posted) that you don't destroy that 'temple' or 'barracks' of the dark tribe...at least not in this level. That's something you save for the last level of Dark Tribe. So, off to mess with those Mayans!

Sorry to post right after myself...pretty self serving of me, isn't it?

I just wanted to say I've tested out my theory again, and it holds true. As sketch42 stated, this weird halt of tool or weapon production...or any production really is due to the limit of a maximum storage quantity of 8 at any production facility. So, build storage areas (it's under the Town Buildings section) and then select for storage at that storage area the items that may be stalling further production.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Sorry to post right after myself...pretty self serving of me, isn't it?

I just wanted to say I've tested out my theory again, and it holds true. As sketch42 stated, this weird halt of tool or weapon production...or any production really is due to the limit of a maximum storage quantity of 8 at any production facility. So, build storage areas (it's under the Town Buildings section) and then select for storage at that storage area the items that may be stalling further production.
    Still testing.. So far haven't gotten the bug.. But will continue with further testing.. I've lost countless battles and hours due to this and hope this is the solution!

How do you get Thor's Hammer to load up with 'ammo'? I understand 'mana' is the ammo, but I never seem to have enough to load up either Thor's hammer or the Viking Warship. I read on one of those websites (Settler's Gang?) that each hit by Thor's hammer takes 15 mana points....well I have 100+ mana and still nothing registers on my Thor's hammer. Do I have to move it near a small temple where the mana is 'made'? Do I have to do a rain dance? I'm confused...silly vikings.