Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Is there a Google Voice application for the Palm Pre?
    There were a couple... I think both of them backed out of the catalog.
    Google kept changing the interface if I remember correctly and it made it very prohibitive for the developer to keep up.

Hopefully in time someone will develope a new one. But in the meantime the mobile google voice web interface actually works pretty well.
    They didn't necessarily make it prohibitive, just it started to need api hooks into the system that Palm did not/does not have available. The web interface does work to an extent, but that doesn't really help me because i want VM/SMS integration.
    use https://www.google.com/voice/m it works perfect you can send txt messages look at ur contacts everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by linh.nguyen View Post
    They didn't necessarily make it prohibitive, just it started to need api hooks into the system that Palm did not/does not have available.
    So then... wouldn't that make it "prohibitive" to continue to develop the app?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    I wish I could get the audio to download on their mobile site. Would make the lack of a dedicated app tolerable. But the audio always seems to 'fail to download'.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I wish I could get the audio to download on their mobile site. Would make the lack of a dedicated app tolerable. But the audio always seems to 'fail to download'.
    I can play the audio from my email notification on the Pre just fine and with the multi-mod patch I get the option to stream or download the voicemail.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Yea, I had to change the setting so voicemail went to my email. That's the only place I can hear it. I'm using GVmax to make it useable for SMS, but you have to give them your GTalk account password (!) which makes me kinda sketchy. I changed it to something new before I gave it to them, but still. They set up filters so when you are notified by email they send you the message through Gtalk. It does tell you who it's from but it isn't quite naturally integrated either. Google labs will let you send SMS to a phone # through Talk, I'm hoping we can take advantage of that soon!
    Try You View voicemail. I hear it integrates with googlevoice.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbbates11 View Post
    Problem is, I don't want to have to have a Youmail account too. Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbbates11 View Post
    I saw somebody else saying the same thing just yesterday, but after searching all through the app, I can't find anywhere to do it.

****Edit - I guess I should have read a few sticky posts......
    http://forums.precentral.net/syntact...tructions.html
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    API changes to google voice and the missing API's in WebOS has stopped any apps for the time being. I think once the mic and other API's finally open to developers then you will see an app for it.
    You can go to the web page and add that to your launcher for quick access. Or you can build your own app (similar to the Precentral app) and be able to add your own icon to it. I have done that with several apps (banking, forums, etc).

If you build it, use the webview widget, it will stop the annoying white card from having to load before it goes to the website. This app would really be almost exactly like the Iphone Google Voice web app.

I could put it together if needed.
    Yes, arkie, it's needed. ;-) Also, throw in a Capital City Bank app while you're at it. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by arkieboy View Post
    You can go to the web page and add that to your launcher for quick access. Or you can build your own app (similar to the Precentral app) and be able to add your own icon to it. I have done that with several apps (banking, forums, etc).

If you build it, use the webview widget, it will stop the annoying white card from having to load before it goes to the website. This app would really be almost exactly like the Iphone Google Voice web app.

I could put it together if needed.
    Please do. That would be great!
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Yes, arkie, it's needed. ;-) Also, throw in a Capital City Bank app while you're at it. LOL
    Serious about the Capital City Bank app?
    I had one online, but removed it and pulled all of the Google Voice stuff off and remade it so as to not use "their" stuff they made. They get sticky about that.

All this does is load the mobile version of the google voice webpage. But once you log in, when you reopen it, it should go straight to the dialer.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by arkieboy View Post
    Serious about the Capital City Bank app?
    Yep. They already have an iphone app, and I contacted their development department. They "appreciated my interest" but said that they have to "be careful developing such apps due to all the security concerns" and that they would look into it. Riiiiiight. If they figured out the security concerns for an Iphone app, and conversion to a webos app takes about a DAY, you'd think they could do it.

The mobile web access works fine, but the print on the screen is teeny and I have to keep zooming in to accurately tap the login info text entry panels... All that being said, I don't imagine there is too much demand for a Capital City Bank app... lol
    Thanks on the google voice app. But the problem remains. With their "new" mobile site, the link to play the audio of the voicemail isn't displayed. I guess it tries to automatically play the audio when you click on it, but I get an error message saying could not play audio file. You have to go to the "older version" to get to a link to play the voicemail. Of course today, I can't even get that to work. Seems that Google may be screwing around with things again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast