Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I installed it immediately.. here are the contents of the stage-asst file:

function StageAssistant() {
    /* this is the creator function for your stage assistant object */
    }

StageAssistant.prototype.setup = function() {
    /* this function is for setup tasks that have to happen when the stage is first created */
    };

Obviously there is no call for a firstasst under the setup function because their is no first assistant. I would stay away from this one. i would figure either the wrong version was uploaded, or it is just a complete fake. I will continue to look through the program with Internalz to see if I can find anything else noteworthy.
    Last edited by arkieboy; 07/31/2010 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Update: Delete it - or just don't download it...
    Please do not download this app for your own sake, besides it looking fake, it may be trying to get your info, if someone could get the app of the phone and PM a link to the ipk i could check the source code to make sure its not stealing info.

EDIT: I looked at the code and guess what a totally empty app at 4.13kbs
    Last edited by abegee; 07/31/2010 at 11:11 PM.
    Stage-asst was empty. No First-asst. It had 1 css file named operamu.css, it was empty.

It says the maintainer is Palm Software, News, Reviews and Accessories - PalmInfocenter
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    +1 for white screen
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    white screen only. Why?
  6. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    has someone emailed opera to see if they have any knowledge of on opera mini app for the pre? Currently it makes no sense as a non pdk app and this is not even the frame of a pdk app.

As suspected, at least one of the screenshots is taken directly from android:

Opera Mini 5 for Android Mobiles Now Released on Google Marketplace | UK Gadget and Tech News, Reviews and Shopping
    Last edited by R_E; 08/01/2010 at 12:17 AM.
    <threads merged>
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Same here. White screen. Bogus app.
    the same dev precenter has just releasedsomething called xcode I wonder if that's any better
    Beware of three scam apps in the @palm Beta and Web feeds. Rolando, XCode and OperaMini5 are non-functional and contain no code or binaries.

I've checked them all, and at the moment there is no malicious code or anything.

Could the first post be updated to reflect this please?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11.    #31  
    This same developer now has another app in the web feeds called Android. This looks like another bogus app.
    The Palm website also has it listed??? Wha???
    This same so-called developer put out a beta version of Flash....why is Preware allowing him to do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Myprelove View Post
    This same so-called developer put out a beta version of Flash....why is Preware allowing him to do this?
    Preware is displaying the Palm beta feed and the Palm web feed.

Palm has accepted these apps into those feeds. Preware simply displays what Palm publishes in their XML feeds.

You should talk to Palm, not WebOS Internals, about the contents of the Palm Beta and Palm Web feeds. The feed is clearly stated in the package description for each package displayed by Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    new spam and scam app thread! for all your spam and scam app probs! go to it!
    BTW, i was let down by this app too
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware is displaying the Palm beta feed and the Palm web feed.

Palm has accepted these apps into those feeds. Preware simply displays what Palm publishes in their XML feeds.

You should talk to Palm, not WebOS Internals, about the contents of the Palm Beta and Palm Web feeds. The feed is clearly stated in the package description for each package displayed by Preware.

-- Rod
    Thank you, Rod I will.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12