1.    #1  
    This has never happened before, but for some reason while I was typing a long email on my Pixi, the email card just went *poof*.

This was frustrating... never happened before. Occasionally, I'll accidentally hit the gesture area while typing and activate a swipe, but the email always saves. This time, it didn't.

So I began retyping the email, and this time I used Scratch word processor to do it. What I great app. I always used it for little notes, so I never even noticed that the program has an auto word predictor (which is nice, PALM!!!!!). I'd love to see it automatically put the predicted word in, but it is still awesome. And the email export function I didn't even know was there, I just cut and pasted it. What a great program.

This wasn't supposed to be a review, I was going to ask if anyone had ever had a mysterious deletion and if they ever found it, but I just had to say, I'll never write a long email again directly into the email function.
    I understand! I have done this several times. Have not loaded Scratch Word yet - but it looks like a perfect solution to retyping long message or email. Thanks for the heads up!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    I don't think the auto word detector is from Palm. It's from the developer, otherwise it'd be in other things. All we have is auto-replace when there's a typo'd word.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I was typing an email yesterday. I started brainstorming and just kept typing, thinking I'd read over all the ideas, organize them, edit it down and send it. I was at about 3 pages, starting to edit when my finger brushed the send button. I sent a crazy rambling draft letter!

I've been using Scratch for the reasons you described. I didn't plan on writing alot when I started. I will be editing in Scratch.
  5.    #5  
    that was a little jab at Palm, not a "good job". Just saying that if some independent programmer can do it, I would guess that a megacompany could as well.

The homebrew community and app designers never cease to amaze me. They turned a great concept into the most usable interface ever.
    I HATE predictive text editors... if they do add it to Scratch Word or anything else, it had better have a toggle or they will lose me as a customer.

But yeah I use Scratch for long emails too...
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    I was typing an email yesterday. I started brainstorming and just kept typing, thinking I'd read over all the ideas, organize them, edit it down and send it. I was at about 3 pages, starting to edit when my finger brushed the send button. I sent a crazy rambling draft letter!

I've been using Scratch for the reasons you described. I didn't plan on writing alot when I started. I will be editing in Scratch.
    That accidental send is why I wrote a patch to confirm sending of email.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I never bothered to thank you for that patch either mouton... thanks.

You know what really used to get my goat though? The random resets... they so often seemed to happen when I was writing something terribly long... or really important or on a website that had taken me a while to find and I had multiple cards open for what I was doing... then *poof* all gone... man I was so happy when I cruiser the forum in a particularly raunchy mood one day and discovered the battery fixes thread that was newly started.

Remember the days when logging onto the forum brought some new exciting fix? My phone works so nicely now coming here is more habit than necessity.
    OP, not sure if this was suggested yet or if I'm misreading, but could you have inadvertantly done a Metatap-D? That'dve "poofed" your email.

btw, I love Scratch for exactly the reasons you described.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    I HATE predictive text editors... if they do add it to Scratch Word or anything else, it had better have a toggle or they will lose me as a customer
    It's been in Scratch since 1.3, I think. You type, and a menu button pops up with a word suggestion (and a list of others!). If you don't like it, just double meta-tap and the whole menu hides.

And it's threads like this that make me blush with glee, btw. I'm glad Scratch works so well for all of you!
    Doug Meerschaert
    NoInsultSoftware.com

Apps: Scratch, GasMath, CheckMath
    Quote Originally Posted by Planesdragon View Post
    It's been in Scratch since 1.3, I think. You type, and a menu button pops up with a word suggestion (and a list of others!). If you don't like it, just double meta-tap and the whole menu hides.

And it's threads like this that make me blush with glee, btw. I'm glad Scratch works so well for all of you!
    No no... I know it has predictive... I just meant as the OP was stating having it automatically place the predicted word into your text...
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Nice work! I was wondering why I should put that on my phone...off to download!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Nice work! I was wondering why I should put that on my phone...off to download!
    @mamouton I too say thank you. I never realized the need for the patch until yesterday.
    Jeez, I almost forgot. Thank you to Planesdragon also. I've been using Scratchpad quite a lot.