Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I have deleted a bunch of music from my Pre, but Music Player still thinks the music is on the device, including displaying the album art. Music Player (Remix) and NaNplayer are doing the same thing.

    Is there anyway to reset the database? I am guessing something is stored somewhere in a hidden file/folder (.palm)?
  2. #2  
    Reboot the phone (Org/square + Sym + R)
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/03/2010 at 06:07 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Reboot the phone (Org/square + Sym + R)
    I have had multiple reboots since the problem surfaced. Would have been nice if that was all it took.
  4. #4  
    Strange, that's always worked for me. Are you sure the music has been deleted (will Music Player play the file or just sit there)? What method did you use to delete the files?
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/03/2010 at 06:07 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  5. #5  
    Try this:

    1. Install Advanced Options in Launcher patch
    2. Restart Luna
    3. Open the launcher
    4. Tap the left hand menu
    5. Choose Advanced Options
    6. Click Rescan Fileindexer
    7. Wait a little bit before opening a music playing app.
    *You know when it's done if when you open your Photos App the loading circle is done & it starts showing your pictures & albums*
    8. After you know it's done, open whichever music playing app you have & see if that fixed it.

    I hope this helped.
    Last edited by Prince_Basil; 07/30/2010 at 02:48 PM.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Strange, that's always worked for me. Are you sure the music has been deleted (will Music Player play the file or just sit there)? What method did you use to delete the files?
    Yes, I am sure the music has been deleted. I deleted it in USB Drive mode. When any of the music players tries playing the non-existant music, they skip through each song as if they were a length of 0 secs.
  7. #7  
    If you have preware... go into luna options and push the rescan button...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    Try this:

    1. Install Advanced Options in Launcher patch
    2. Restart Luna
    3. Open the launcher
    4. Tap the left hand menu
    5. Choose Advanced Options
    6. Click Rescan Fileindexer
    7. Wait a little bit before opening a music playing app.
    *You know when it's done if when you open your Photos App the loading circle is done & it starts showing your pictures & albums*
    8. After you know it's done, open whichever music playing app you have & see if that fixed it.

    I hope this helped.
    Tried this. It didn't solve my problem.
  9. wamiller's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    #9  
    Connect as USB drive, enable your view to show hidden files and see if there is a hidden folder that also contains a copy of the music files. I think I read a post where someone had a hidden itunes directory that contained a copy of all the music that was on the phone. Hope that helps!
  10. #10  
    If it's hidden, then the music app(s) shouldn't see them.
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/03/2010 at 06:07 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    If it's hidden, then the music app(s) shouldn't see them.
    The only way it won't see a file is if the file has a . in the beginning (/media/internal/.scrims/ or /.my-avatar.png). I've always had folders in my Pre that were hidden & were able to still see them in my phone. Or maybe not. I'm not sure now that I think about it...
  12. #12  
    Any files within a hidden folder should not be visible.
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/03/2010 at 06:08 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers

Posting Permissions