Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. 3snakes's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
       #1  
    In FILLUps, now 1.0.60 on my Verizon Pre Plus, I had entered 7 or 8 tanks of gas without a problem before this. On July 27, I saw that I had entered a "typo" in the odometer field in a previous tank of gas. This caused it to show around 2.4 mpg for one tank, instead of my usual 17 to 24. I tried to change it by tapping that entry. But it only listed the field names without data, and didn't allow changes. I didn't know how to delete a whole entry. I entering that tankful again as a new entry, which "took", but as soon as I did that I noticed all mileage numbers were green, instead of the red or green depending whether the mileage was "good" or "poor" as before. But the data was still there.

    Then I figured out that I could just swipe an entry off the screen and tap ďdeleteĒ to delete an entry. Unfortunately, as soon as I did that to the entry I wanted to delete, the screen went to plain blank white below the car's name "Honda Odyssey", and hasnít changed since. Closing and opening the program, or rebooting the phone doesnít help. It will let me TRY to add a new entry, but it doesn't show up when I'm done. And no previous entries appear. They all appear to be lost. If I try to show the GRAPH holding it in landscape, it tells me "There's a problem. You need entries on at least two different days- - -".

    Is there a way to recover my data?

    If not and I start over, how do I know this won't happen again?

    Iím not sure what my original version was though Iím certain it was updated at least once, and probably two or three times. Yes I am willing to share my data or anything else concerning this with anyone, and I have never imported or exported data. Thanks for your help in advance.
  2. #2  
    Use the online site Fuelly then you won't have to worry about it.
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/30/2010 at 11:49 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  3. 3snakes's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
       #3  
    Thanks! Good website! I figured out that "fuelly" has 2 l's.
  4. #4  
    Oops, my bad. Fixed.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  5. 3snakes's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
       #5  
    I hope at some point that someone at Eight Bit Software acknowledges either the email I sent them on the 27th, or the same "bug" I reported here.
  6. shawalli's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #6  
    Have you tried exporting to Google Docs? I know this sounds strange, but try exporting your vehicle and see if you can see it at online at google docs. This helps us to know if its a database issue or something else.
  7. 3snakes's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
       #7  
    Shawalli - Thanks for the suggestion. I just did this, and to my surprise the data does appear! Do you want this document, and if so, how do I get it to you?
  8. 3snakes's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
       #8  
    Adam from Eight Bits in an email, suggested the following:

    "We have heard of this blank screen problem. I think one 'fix' (and it's really just a hack) is to export your data to your google docs account, delete the vehicle from FillUps, and then re-import it. If this doesn't work, let's pursue further testing. Thanks."

    IT WORKED! Since I had a "blank screen" at all times I didn't think the data was there. But I just exported to Google Docs and a spreadsheet showed up. Then I deleted my vehicle, did an Import, and all is well. I've since deleted records, edited records, and added a bunch of older ones from my hand-written log, all with complete success.

    What confused me at first is the way this program puts the MPG on the line with the tank of gas when you purchased it, not on the next line when you get the next odometer reading - like I've always done it by hand (and like fuelly.com). I think it's actually more accurate and useful this way.
  9. #9  
    This happened to me. When I exported to Google docs, What I found was that the last three digits of my odometer reading were in the 4th column that normally holds the fill up type (eg. 'full') and everything else was shifted to the right.

    My theory is this... when I entered the odometer reading like 94504.3, I probably mistakenly put a comma in for a '.' and the program might be processing the data like a CSV file. The comma would have thrown all of the fields off.

    I corrected the data in the google doc and imported and all is well.

Posting Permissions