Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have this app and it sucks. Needs some updating. Can't even copy and paste. And if I don't know the exact link it won't work, I can't go to the website and click on it, ect. with this app. So,yeah, this app sucks. And @JuJulian, you don't have to have a PC to download preware, you could have a mac like me
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    I have this app and it sucks. Needs some updating. Can't even copy and paste. And if I don't know the exact link it won't work, I can't go to the website and click on it, ect. with this app. So,yeah, this app sucks. And @JuJulian, you don't have to have a PC to download preware, you could have a mac like me
    Okay kid let me explain you the world. Copy & Paste works. I'm not responsible if you don't know your Pre like you should. Simply tap and hold the gesture area and press 'v' to paste 'c' to copy and 'a' to mark all. The new Version will also have the option to paste via menu extra for people like you.
    Well yeah like the app description says. Only direct URL's are supported. If you can't read you should proberbly go to school again or use another phone because the operator should also be smart.

And you wanna say that a Mac is not a Personal Computer? Well what is it then? A Public Computer? But would still be a PC...
    I'm using a mac. But for me it doesn't matter if I have a PC or a Mac (Because for me a Personal Computer is a OSX or a Windows or a Linux machine). Simply like OS X SL more then Windows 7.
    maybe you wanna tryout this? http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2586039

(hell yes, i am the dev of it, but i think its a good and free alternative with nice extras)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealLink View Post
    maybe you wanna tryout this? http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2586039

(hell yes, i am the dev of it, but i think its a good and free alternative with nice extras)
    Looks also promising. Will give it a try when you hit the App Catalog with it. My experience with download managers is that people expect that they are able to download everything with it. Some also asked me why he isn't able to download videos from hulu with Frizzle...

Frizzle Beta on Precentral :

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...38#post2586138
    Quote Originally Posted by JuJulian1987 View Post
    Okay kid let me explain you the world. Copy & Paste works. I'm not responsible if you don't know your Pre like you should. Simply tap and hold the gesture area and press 'v' to paste 'c' to copy and 'a' to mark all. The new Version will also have the option to paste via menu extra for people like you.
    Well yeah like the app description says. Only direct URL's are supported. If you can't read you should proberbly go to school again or use another phone because the operator should also be smart.

And you wanna say that a Mac is not a Personal Computer? Well what is it then? A Public Computer? But would still be a PC...
    I'm using a mac. But for me it doesn't matter if I have a PC or a Mac (Because for me a Personal Computer is a OSX or a Windows or a Linux machine). Simply like OS X SL more then Windows 7.
    Dude. I understand what I said was a little rude in all, but dang man, you are a full fledged cyberbullying troll! Don't expect me to pay for anymore of your apps. I feel that the way you treated me is completely unnecessary and I will be talking to a mod (they told me to talk to them if I had an issue. And I do.) I do apoligize for my rude review, but that is how I felt.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    Dude. I understand what I said was a little rude in all, but dang man, you are a full fledged cyberbullying troll! Don't expect me to pay for anymore of your apps. I feel that the way you treated me is completely unnecessary and I will be talking to a mod (they told me to talk to them if I had an issue. And I do.) I do apoligize for my rude review, but that is how I felt.
    Wow perhaps I need to apologize to. I thought who can talk rude can take rude answers. But I think I crossed the line with my response and I'm sorry for that. Perhaps it helps to explain why I wrote these lines.
    For me as a dev, mobile development at the moment is what I'm living for. In every single app I produce and take money (or not, see homebrew) my soul lives with in it. They way users have to control it, is the way how I control it. And in every single minute in my spare time, I think about how I can improve my apps. I grand every user support and try to help them as good as I can. They can contaced me when ever they want and I response as fast as I can. I stand behind my apps. I would never sell something that 'sucks', at least not for me. If someone says 'your app sucks' that is like a kick in my face or even worse. If it sucks because there a features missing that I have never promised in my description I'm just sad because I can do nothing about this matter. And that's what you just did. Perhaps you can understand my situation too. I'm willing to refund you if you have a Paypal account. Just PM me or use the Support Page in Frizzle. Again I'm sorry.

Have a nice day,
    Julian
    Okay first you need WebOS Quick Install to install Preware or doing a direct install of Internalz but I don't know what we are talking about. You need a PC to install Homebrew there is no way to install homebrew over the cloud if you havnt already installed preware or something similar. Am I right?
    You are correct. You either need WOSQI, the Palm SDK, or a stand-alone Java installer to install either Preware or Internalz on the device. Once you have one or the other on the device then you can do anything from there.

You can use Preware to install Internalz, or you can use Internalz to install Preware. But you must have one or the other loaded first. If you have neither loaded, you can't load either without connecting to a computer.

Those initial required steps are unlikely to change, because if you can load Preware or Internalz onto your phone without connecting it to a computer and putting it in dev mode, then that means that there is a huge huge huge security hole on your phone.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    @ JuJulian1987 or TheRealLink:

Will either of your apps allow you to download files from e-mail attachments, or only from the web browser?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    @ JuJulian1987 or TheRealLink:

Will either of your apps allow you to download files from e-mail attachments, or only from the web browser?
    I think I can speak for us both. At the moment there is no support for anything else then direct Urls. Direct URL's means not the browser. A direct URL would be for example: www.mydomain.com/example.zip

So no currently not. Since Palm doesn't allow devs to read content from mails (what proberbly is a good thing) it won't also be possible in the future.

What can be done already by now is if you are able to access your e-mail account through the browser, just download the attach. and it will be saved under downloads automatically without any further help of thrid party apps .
    Almost impossible to accomplish from my particular webmail service - it just doesn't work very well in the Pre's browser.

I have figured out how to retrieve attachments from the "bucket" folders as described in today's user tip. But it's a real pain. Really don't know why the Pre's e-mail app doesn't give you the option of saving an attachment instead of opening it.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Almost impossible to accomplish from my particular webmail service - it just doesn't work very well in the Pre's browser.

I have figured out how to retrieve attachments from the "bucket" folders as described in today's user tip. But it's a real pain. Really don't know why the Pre's e-mail app doesn't give you the option of saving an attachment instead of opening it.
    I think already downloaded files from e-mail's are saved in the downloads folder of the usb partition on your pre or not?
  12.    #32  
    no, if I recall, email attachments are not saved to /media/internal/downloads/. As jeffcoat says, they are kept in "bucket" folders, but I dont remember the path off the top of my head.

Does anybody know what to make of unzip returning an error about "zip magic"? I cant unzip frizzle on my pre for that reason.
    I think already downloaded files from e-mail's are saved in the downloads folder of the usb partition on your pre or not?
    No they are not - they go in some very obscure folders in the non-USB portion of the Pre - one of many "bucket" folders located in /var/luna/data/attachments/

There was actually a user tip posted today on the main page which explains this in great detail:

http://www.precentral.net/save-non-s...ebrew-required

I already knew how to do this before it was posted but don't mess with it too often, only if there is an attachment that I absolutely need to retrieve for some reason.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

question can you download ipk's using this program. Example lets say you went to a application on here, and copy the link will the file download to your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

question can you download ipk's using this program. Example lets say you went to a application on here, and copy the link will the file download to your phone.
    Yes you can. But you need Internals in order to install them and Internals also features direct download of ipk files. So you just need to download them via browser.
    ok thanks, i figured I was tryin to get either filecoaster,internalz,preware anyone of those on a friends pre without a computer since we dont have access to one at the moment.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12