Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I need to warn everyone on this app that was allowed into Palm's App Catalog!

The apps actual name is: 'This App Does Nothing!'

And the cost? $100.00 not a $1.00, that is One Hundred Dollars!

Please guys don't accidentally purchase this!

I guess I have to find a way to notify Palm that this app should be pulled down?

Maybe one of the developers here that has connections to Palm's App Catalog people that process app can notify Palm of this app that is scamming people!

Rob

UPDATE: Most people think it should stay and it's the fault of the dumb user!

Well, who is going to take the fall for this if that dumb person really complains: PALM!

Does Palm's image really need to tarnished over something like this?

And as I posted in another message: There is no real support page or developer page (it goes to just a page that say 'this app does nothing' and contains no links to contact developer), it's bogus. Is that OK with Palm?
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 07/28/2010 at 09:17 PM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Ive seen this app before, however it was only a few dollars. it warns not to buy the app, but i think people think it actually does something and end up buying it. Maybe they changed it to 100.00 so nobody buys it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    it's been downloaded (purchased) 22 times!!!

I bet they are very angry!!!
    haha $2200 for some scammer!!
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    Some dude at home must be laughing his *** off.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    The app cost $5 before. That's when the purchases were made. I remember I almost bought it. But I decided against it. It just recently made a big jump in price.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    You know, you can't really blame the developers. They said that it did nothing and that's exactly what it does.
    I know most open-minded developers loathe Apple's stringent App qualification requirements and guidelines. But circumstances like this indicate that a bit of moderation and authorization needs to be introduced into any "store" where the merchandise being sold is at least approved for resale by the seller.

Obviously that is not the case with this App.
    While I think the concept of the app is appalling, I would be more upset to see Palm pull it for doing exactly what it says it will. It would set an unfortunate precedent. This can't be considered a scam, when it clearly states what it is.

Anyone who clicks, enters their password, and clicks again, after reading the description deserves to be out their money.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeIII View Post
    I know most open-minded developers loathe Apple's stringent App qualification requirements and guidelines. But circumstances like this indicate that a bit of moderation and authorization needs to be introduced into any "store" where the merchandise being sold is at least approved for resale by the seller.

Obviously that is not the case with this App.
    Actually don't you remember the whole slew of $199 apps that showed up in Apple's catalog after that first guys got pulled down? Most of those don't do anything and still stand.
    How do you accidentally purchase an app?
    There really is no difference from someone purchasing another app in the catalog and demanding there money back and someone buying this one. If you have more money than brains and you buy this app for whatever reason.... well your a sucker. The app should remain available, people should police the app catalog themselves.
    Palm should remove it... I know, I Know, it doesn't lie, it's telling the truth, but what's the point of even having the app?
    has anyone here actually bought this app .. If so what's it do? And why is the dev charging $100?
    some things are just wrong, and they need to remove it.many things are 'legal' but not beneficial...
    Last edited by NachoB; 08/03/2010 at 06:27 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    some things are just wrong, and they need to remove it.many things are 'legal' but not beneficial...
    what happened to those antennas, I loved pulling them out, thinking the 3 inch really made a huge difference.
    why remove it? If someone is dumb enough to buy this then they deserve to get taken.
    <<This thread merge does nothing>>
    As far as I can tell the app does not break any policies or guidelines that have been set in place for app development.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    the app should stand....its not a scam....it a joke there is no reason to "protect" a person from buying this app....who am I to judge why someone wants to buy an app that does nothing people can do what they want with their money...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast