Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 68
  1. #41  
    I'm guessing Palm isn't going by the 'we have quality not quantity' argument any more?
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Some people buy this app just because they have the money . lol, dummies if you ask me .
    The app is almost daring you to buy it. As if to say, yeah right, I bet it does something but there is no way to find out till you bought it.

    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I hope when you say $100 you did not really mean $1, it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS NOT ONE DOLLAR!

    Rob
    Sure is $100.00. And thanks for making me try to squish that bug on my screen!




    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    lol he got 22 downloads, scammer, but smart?
    How about the I am Rich iPhone app that Apple pulled but only after it sold 8 copies? At a Thousand Dollars Each.


    Apple's iPhone-App-Approval Mouse Falls Off Treadmill: Buy The $1000 App That Does Nothing (AAPL)

  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    Some people buy this app just because they have the money . lol, dummies if you ask me .
    On a side note, the bug in your signature is freaking me out, Shane!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


  4. #44  
    if an app does nothing what so ever is it or can it be called an app ?
  5. #45  
    The app should be pulled because the title is misleading. It definitely did something. It got this guy to spend inordinately more time whining about the app than it took to actually make the app.
  6. #46  
    I purchased an app that does nothing...Music Wave Pro.
    server refused...server refused.
  7. #47  
    Actually, this app IS against Palm's terms.

    According to Palm's terms for inclusion in the catalog, the app MUST HAVE A PURPOSE. As a result, this is against the terms.
    Arthur Thornton

    Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    What dictionaries say about scam:

    [COLOR="Red"]Yeah, I did look it up in the dictionary, and yes it's a SCAM!

    Rob
    I read the definitions you posted, paying particular attention to the areas you highlighted in red, and you're so wrong that I'm having a hard time coming up with an argument against it.

    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.

    To sell an app which does precisely what you claim it does, is the definition of selling an app honestly.

    You say it does a particular thing (or nothing in this case) and it does exactly what you say. That's what honest means.

    Selling a useless product is only dishonest if you claim that it's not useless.

    As far as posting an app that says "buy this useless app to help me pay for X," I would have a problem with it for the same reason I have a problem with this - it's useless clutter in the app catalog.

    However, it wouldn't be a scam, unless you were really using the proceeds to add to your collection of beany babies, or fund a coke habit.
  9. #49  
    Why did Palm approve of this app?
    Cingular 3125 --> Samsung Instink! --> Palm Pre --> ???
  10. #50  
    Just think of it as a very worthwhile educational application which teaches people to carefully read the description before downloading something.

    If only we could achieve that result for kernel packages ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #51  
    How many people would install a kernel called DoNotInstallThisBecauseItWillEatYourPhoneKernel?
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    How many people would install a kernel called DoNotInstallThisBecauseItWillEatYourPhoneKernel?
    Does it run at 1.4GHz?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I read the definitions you posted, paying particular attention to the areas you highlighted in red, and you're so wrong that I'm having a hard time coming up with an argument against it.

    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.

    To sell an app which does precisely what you claim it does, is the definition of selling an app honestly.

    You say it does a particular thing (or nothing in this case) and it does exactly what you say. That's what honest means.

    Selling a useless product is only dishonest if you claim that it's not useless.

    As far as posting an app that says "buy this useless app to help me pay for X," I would have a problem with it for the same reason I have a problem with this - it's useless clutter in the app catalog.

    However, it wouldn't be a scam, unless you were really using the proceeds to add to your collection of beany babies, or fund a coke habit.

    On another note for all of you guys who say, 'don't pull it.' How would you like it if each and everyone of us who use or even those who don't use a webos phone made an app that did nothing and flooded the app store with our useless apps? Think about it...its the same. Useless apps, free or not, shouldn't be allowed into the app catalog. Palm should start watching what they allow into the catalog. There is a reason why they made the rules in the first place. Having an app like this is practically saying anything can be an app.
    Last edited by jyaden24; 07/29/2010 at 04:52 AM.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by jyaden24 View Post
    LMFAO!! When you say it's not useless,
    I laugh at how dumb you sound while I take a shiiiiit. Tell me in an everyday scenario when and where would you use this app? And he is violating the rules...i wonder if you actually bought it
    I think you should re-read my post there my friend. At no point did I even suggest that the app we're talking about was anything other than completely useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I think you should re-read my post there my friend. At no point did I even suggest that the app we're talking about was anything other than completely useless.
    sorry only took in the first half of what you said and didn't pay attention to the other half. My bad.
  16. #56  
    shouldn't take it down. this is one of the down sides of having a hands off approach to the app store. we gotta take the good w/ the bad. besides, the dev isn't trying to fool anyone, he clearly says the app does nothing.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    shouldn't take it down. this is one of the down sides of having a hands off approach to the app store. we gotta take the good w/ the bad. besides, the dev isn't trying to fool anyone, he clearly says the app does nothing.
    Palm has a hands off approach only if the app submitted doesn't violate any of their rules. This is why spamming apps from Dijit, Brighthouse Labs, etc. are accepted. They don't break any rules and provide some type of usefulness.

    This app clearly violates their "The application provides value to the user" rule since by the developer's own admission it does nothing. And Palm has rejected apps before. For instance, there was an app with sexual themes that was rejected. The developer started a thread on the Palm Dev forums asking why his app was rejected when there are other sexually-themed apps already in the catalog. After this disucssion, a very detailed table showing what's allowed and what's not was added to their Palm Application Criteria Guidelines site.

    So I'm not sure why they would reject one app that broke their rules and look the other way when another one breaks the rules.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  18. #58  
    The app provided value to me, without even buying it. It gave me a good laugh.

    -- Rod
  19. #59  
    I guess my sense of humor is broken... I never download anything that doesnt seem to have some utility for me. So following along with a gag just to see what it is, just not really in my nature.

    But thanks for the warning... I certainly wouldnt want to waste $100 bucks on a useless app.

    As far as the rest of the discussion goes... It should probably be removed... simply because it just a fleece job. Granted the ebooks in public domain and the fart generators are just as bad, not to mention the counting apps... but at least they provide a value to someone willing to spend money on something that has only marginal use.
  20. #60  
    Had such a laugh seeing that people gave the app bad reviews eventhough it apparently does exactly as it says.
    They should keep it in the app catalogue as an intelligence test. How do people who buy this get on in normal life anyways?

    Curiosity killed the cat.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions