1.    #1  
    Just saw this in the AppCat and didnt find a thread on it.

Really nice FREE app that does several language-type things.

Has multiple dictionaries/thesarus/references along with both a translator and tranlsation dictionaries. You can type a phrase and then email it or sms it right from the app. Includes many character sets such as Greek, Russian,Chinese, Japanese, Korean and more.

Only good enough to test the German translator myself but the English to German but not bad at all, actually rendering simple phrases ("where is the nearest bathroom" "my uncle has a green pencil box") pretty nicely

LOL, it even can recognize a good cursing!

Says its powered by Google and under an MIT license

Anybody know about the developer, the about MIT license that is used here or where this all came from?
    Last edited by midmofan; 07/28/2010 at 11:34 AM.
    Tried it. Didn't like the preaching.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  3.    #3  
    Preaching? What are you referring to?

BTW confirmed that the Chinese translations of common phrases are accurate if a bit "formal."
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    Preaching? What are you referring to?
    The religious texts that show up.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    The religious texts that show up.
    Interesting, nothing like that has popped up for me yet and have been playing with it for several days.