Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    1,344 Global Posts
    I am so excited to see this come over to webOS. My brother has it on his iPod touch and play the heck out of it when he comes over.
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    dont you mean plants vs zombies???
    oh yeah duh! LoL!
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    Team has been busy with Palm PDK, WebOS announcement soon, sign up here for notification: Angry Birds for Palm
    finally - i do not know why developers are hesitating. just do it.

we were one of the ones who had early access to the PDK - with releasing games like cronk, gw-series and abiosis chains. lucky, our games support 1.4.0 or later once the 1.4.5 update is officially rolled out across the world, we will update all of our games as well. we received a pixi plus as well - so we will also start supporting that device, 1.4.5 still has issues with its SDL implementation, which is a bummer.

developers should quit this "do you want it" threads and just spend the day or two it takes to port it. palm has done an excellent job in making the PDK simple for experienced developers - so, porting is not a marathon effort in 99% of the cases.

just remember, we were first heh
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Mobile 1UP, http://www.mobile1up.com/
    Caveman, Caveman HD (touchpad), Cronk and GW Series available on web OS
  4.    #24  
    hopefully they announce it officially soon
    Whats the latest on Angry Birds for WebOS?
    Is there a full version yet or just a very minimal free one?

( I must say as a person that does not use credit cards, HP is making it very hard for people like myself to buy legal apps. I have had to resort to jail breaking my iPhone but i would like to be able to give each developer i download their $$ and I have just opened a PayPal account but i see HP doesn't accept that as payment either )

I won one of a few HP Touchpads left in a company for $99 this week so this OS is new to me.
    I really like what i have seen of it so far but unless there is a way to pay for Apps aside from using a credit card.....I might be forced to sell it and go iPad instead as I am an apple user across the board, which Id rather not do..I really wanted to check this out.

Any idea if HP is planning on accepting PayPal payments in the near future?
    And whether a full version of Angry Birds has yet arrived? ( I think I only saw the free version )

TIA
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    angry birds, seasons and rio are all available on the devices. From what I recall, they announced that they would no longer be making updates available to devices running webOS lower than 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by ShelaghDB View Post
    Whats the latest on Angry Birds for WebOS?
    Is there a full version yet or just a very minimal free one?

( I must say as a person that does not use credit cards, HP is making it very hard for people like myself to buy legal apps. I have had to resort to jail breaking my iPhone but i would like to be able to give each developer i download their $$ and I have just opened a PayPal account but i see HP doesn't accept that as payment either )

I won one of a few HP Touchpads left in a company for $99 this week so this OS is new to me.
    I really like what i have seen of it so far but unless there is a way to pay for Apps aside from using a credit card.....I might be forced to sell it and go iPad instead as I am an apple user across the board, which Id rather not do..I really wanted to check this out.

Any idea if HP is planning on accepting PayPal payments in the near future?
    And whether a full version of Angry Birds has yet arrived? ( I think I only saw the free version )

TIA
    You can get full versions of all the Angry Birds games on your Touchpad, no problem. The full version of regular Angry Birds is actually completely free on the Touchpad (so the "free" version IS the full version). Seasons and Rio versions are paid apps but are pretty cheap.

The app catalog currently takes normal credit cards, but it should also take debit cards just fine too, so you could use that. There isn't much demand for using Paypal towards most app purchases yet, but it'll probably still get added eventually. Many free/homebrew app developers do take donations via Paypal so far, fyi.

Btw, to expand on what the user above said about updates, the Touchpad uses the newest version of webOS (3.0.2) so getting updates for Angry Birds is not an issue. (It's is only an issue for people who have smartphones still running the first version of webOS.)
    Last edited by sq5; 09/26/2011 at 11:47 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12