1.    #1  
    Has anyone seen both of these apps and can compare them?
    I use flight tracker... and wouldnt leave home without it... I fly nearly every day for work... I am field service. It is a paid app, but I highly recommend.

Flight view is free, it can be a little buggy from time to time and doesn't always find your flight... but it gives you a decent amount of information.

Why dont you download Flight View and try it... its free... then if it doesn't have the functionality you want or whatnot try flight tracker... its not an insane amount of money after all... if you dont fly all the time just stick with Flight View...
    http://www.precentral.net/app-review-flightview

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...og/flighttrack

Here are the two reviews... flight track has a lot more functionality... and it just looks better overall. I haven't experienced any bugginess. It updates perfectly... I track all my flights this way... even has a graphical map when I am tracking other peoples flights...
    Have them both...both are currently priced at $4.99 as well.

Flight View is very, very well-designed, gives good info (Terminal #, Times, etc well before the day), you can add notes, has option whether to send an Alert on status changes (take off, land, etc), option to add event to your Calendar and just works fine in my opinion. Uses flight info from flightview.com if you want to test how well it reports info.

Flight Tracker is good-designed, but has good info (only Times, terminal, and such display as you get closer to day), but strangely it seems to open up randomly every so often (I have a planned flight in there, but it's not until Sept)..but on the positive, it seems to have more obscure international flights that Flight View didn't have..for instance, flying from Germany to a small airport that was carried out by a partner airline this app found, but Flight View did not. Uses flightstats.com for flight info, which I find to report very accurately.
    Last edited by opacityzero; 07/27/2010 at 08:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Have them both...

Flight View is very, very well-designed, gives good info (Terminal #, Times, etc), you can notes, have option whether to send an Alert on status changes (take off, land, etc), option to add event to your Calendar and just works fine in my opinion.

Flight Tracker is good-designed, but has less info (only Times), but strangely it seems to open up randomly every so often (I have a planned flight in there, but it's not until Sept)..but on the positive, it seems to have more obscure international flights that Flight View didn't have..for instance, flying from Germany to a small airport that was carried out by a partner airline this app had, but Flight View did not.
    We must be using two different apps... flight track gives me my baggage claim, gate number and other pieces of information that flight view doesnt even touch.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    I use flight tracker... and wouldnt leave home without it... I fly nearly every day for work... I am field service. It is a paid app, but I highly recommend.

Flight view is free, it can be a little buggy from time to time and doesn't always find your flight... but it gives you a decent amount of information.

Why dont you download Flight View and try it... its free... then if it doesn't have the functionality you want or whatnot try flight tracker... its not an insane amount of money after all... if you dont fly all the time just stick with Flight View...
    FlightView shows 4.99 in the App Catalog.
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    FlightView shows 4.99 in the App Catalog.
    Well... it used to be free.
    I have both. I like Flight Track better, as the layout is better, the map feature is better, the international flight features are better, and the info. seems to be more accurate. However, the app does need to be updated so that the flights go into your calendar and some other features.

Flight View hasn't been all that accurate on some of my flights. Do not rely on it for gate info., as if I had, I'd have missed my connecting flight. (I looked at the monitors in the airport for the gate info.) Don't rely on it for the times of planes taking off and landing, either, as I've had those also be wrong (which is fine if you're the one flying, but not if you're the one picking up the person who is flying, especially with a delayed flight!). The only thing Flight View has on Flight Track is that it adds the flights to the calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Flight Tracker is good-designed, but has good info (only Times, terminal, and such display as you get closer to day), but strangely it seems to open up randomly every so often (I have a planned flight in there, but it's not until Sept)..but on the positive, it seems to have more obscure international flights that Flight View didn't have..for instance, flying from Germany to a small airport that was carried out by a partner airline this app found, but Flight View did not. Uses flightstats.com for flight info, which I find to report very accurately.
    The times show up ALL the time, even a year out from the flight date, on every flight I've tried with the app (I currently have eleven flights saved in the app that are between Oct. and Feb. and they all show the time on the home page and on each flight's details page). Not all airlines give the terminal/gate in advance (and sometimes that changes suddenly anyway), so the app doesn't show this info. until a day or two before the flight.

The random opening of the app was fixed long ago in an update. (The developer had not set the app to run in the background, so it was checking for updates by opening itself every hour.) Even though your flight isn't until September, you still would want updates on the flight in case the airline decided to cancel it or change its time or something (which has happened to me several times in the past couple years, likely thanks to the airlines not doing so well).

The app does need to be updated, though, especially with an add-to-calendar feature and alert feature!