Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hit the shopping bag folks.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    Guess you can thank me for that, as I posted on their facebook page today asking where the heck this new release was at... hahahaha just kidding.
    It has potential but some really annoying things too. For example, I like to change the News Feed to "Status Updates" which is perfect, none of the games BS, etc. But it doesn't retain that setting. You close out, come back in, back to News feed. Also, it seems to lockup and freeze for periods of time when you try and switch between any of those options. I do love the concept though, but thats why its still beta.
    So far I really like this update. Landscape is very nice. Faster overall experience for me. They are DEFINITELY continuing to move in the right direction with this thing.

Edit: They fixed the "picture is too large" error by putting a link there, which when you tap opens the picture in the browser. Not a perfect solution in my mind, but MUCH better than just the error message.
    Last edited by supercluver; 07/27/2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Adding stuff
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    where are you guys seeing it? Its not showing in thebeta feed for me...
    how do you get to the beta feed?
    huh?

Twitter: ed_moscoso
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Got it to work by going through the gift box (updates) and then it found it. Beta feed was still showing 1.2.5
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Have they added an option for viewing "Most Recent" news items instead of "Top News?" Or is one of those the default/only option?
    It keeps on getting better and better. Hopefully they'll finally make it official and update the weak app that's still in the catalog.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    (+) They added an option to show peoples comments in the feed screen.
    (+) Like the "next" button at the bottom of the screen, loads super-fast (WiFi)

(-) When you have the phone in landscape and want to post a picture, the picture selection is not landscape (have to turn the phone).

Overall, this is on the right track!

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    has anyone had luck with clearing all notifications? per the page on precentral.net

tap the globe to open notifications
    tap see all notifications
    do a back swipe (right to left) to clear all notifications

I've attempted this, but it won't work for me.
    member of the Evo-lution
    Not only Landscape, but FULLSCREEN portrait! Just rotate phone 180 degrees in portrait mode to get fullscreen view of the app.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I had issues trying to update through preware, but going through the app catalog is the way to go
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    has anyone had luck with clearing all notifications? per the page on precentral.net

tap the globe to open notifications
    tap see all notifications
    do a back swipe (right to left) to clear all notifications

I've attempted this, but it won't work for me.
    I am having trouble too. That is the one thing I hate about the app.
    Do I need to remove the "official" Facebook app to use this?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Do I need to remove the "official" Facebook app to use this?
    No, you can use them both at the same time. Personally, I use the beta app only. It's really fine
    Anybody DONT want landscape!? or want a way to turn it off? I use my phone alot laying down and I hate when the web goes into landscape now I'm going to hate facebook going into landscape!
    --Marvin
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Just tried it, and it worked for me , and i like it!

I did, however try and fail 3 times, before I realized I was running the old app cat version. dooh! ;-) Once I loaded the Beta version, it worked perfectly.

EDIT Nope, I was wrong! all it did was clear the "globe notification number" I clicked on the globe, now missing the little red number and, all the notifications popped up.

So, all that swipes does right now, is clear the little notification number that appears in the globe icon... which made me think the notifications themselves were also gone.... not.
    Me like it. Its getting better and better.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    i def like the update i havent had a chance to test the "clear notifications" trick yet though
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast