Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Just tried it, and it worked for me , and i like it!

I did, however try and fail 3 times, before I realized I was running the old app cat version. dooh! ;-) Once I loaded the Beta version, it worked perfectly.

EDIT Nope, I was wrong! all it did was clear the "globe notification number" I clicked on the globe, now missing the little red number and, all the notifications popped up.

So, all that swipes does right now, is clear the little notification number that appears in the globe icon... which made me think the notifications themselves were also gone.... not.
    Thats actually how it's supposed to be or at least consistent with the way the full Facebook.com page works. Click that little notification globe on the full Facebook website and you'll still see all your notifications still there, just the alert is gone. I actually prefer this cause sometime you wish to go back later after you cleared your alerts to find one again or a pic you were tagged in, etc.
    I've never tried tagging a photo before tonight so I'm not sure if it's an issue in this version or if it was around in previous versions. When I tagged a photo I uploaded I got an email saying that I was requesting to tag one of my own photos. I had to go out to the full Facebook site on my laptop and approve the tag that I made. I'm not sure I understand why I had to approve my own tag of my own photo. Is it a permission level issue between the Facebook client and the Facebook site?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Has anyone had luck with tagging a photo. When I tag a photo and hit done. I get a communication error. it says that it requires on of the params: tag_uid, tag_text,tags
    Ok for some reason I CANNOT find the Beta. I had to replace my Pre today, and it is not showing up in the App Catalog or under the updates. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    you need to enable the beta feed.
    can't remember exactly how that's done, though.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    onnce Preware is open, tap the uper left corner. This opens a drop down menu. Tap Manage Feeds. The second one down is Palm Beta, the next is Palm beta updates. Turn them both on by swiping the "off" button. Do a backswipe on the gesture area. It will ask if you want to update. Tap "do it now". When you open preware again, all beta apps will be included.
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Was able to tag a photo last night and able to check those tags afterwards....pretty cool feature!

Have been having issues with notifications clearing today. When I tap the globe and hit 'see all' and then swipe back, that little red 1 is still there....maybe FB is having some server issues today, as I have not been able to sign into the chat patch today.
    Tweet, Twit, or Tw@t? Twitter.com/bigfire

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    i just uninstalled the beta, restarted the phone, reinstalled the beta, restarted the phone, and I am still getting the communication error saying that it requires one of the params: tag_uid, tag_text,tags.

Am i dong something wrong?
    anyone having trouble with video?
    Hi, can someone upload it? Because on my Palm Pixi Plus it doesn't show the facebook app. Thanks a lot.
    I can't view videos anymore. In the prior beta version, I was able to touch on the video and it would play. Now, when I touch it, nothing happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasa13 View Post
    Hi, can someone upload it? Because on my Palm Pixi Plus it doesn't show the facebook app. Thanks a lot.
    Just download appscoop from the app cat and then use appscope to find the fb beta app.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    How to delete pic(S) using this app?
    I'm still stuck with 1.2.1 version.... maybe something to do with being on webOS 1.4.5, I dunno. Checked the gift box, searched the app catalog....and as I'm typing this, I found it in AppScoop
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I've never tried tagging a photo before tonight so I'm not sure if it's an issue in this version or if it was around in previous versions. When I tagged a photo I uploaded I got an email saying that I was requesting to tag one of my own photos. I had to go out to the full Facebook site on my laptop and approve the tag that I made. I'm not sure I understand why I had to approve my own tag of my own photo. Is it a permission level issue between the Facebook client and the Facebook site?
    I didn't get these notifications due to my settings, but randomly found "16 photo tag requests" on my home page (of the full site of course). All were tags I did from the app. My thoughts are this is a bug that needs to be worked out. I encourage everyone to focus their energy on the feedback site for FB instead of here.

I also found that I cannot view videos....I believe I am not the first one to report this.

Your signature needs to be less interesting than that post you just added....and QUIT begging for people to 'Thank' you, you tool
    Global Posts
    543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    How to delete pic(S) using this app?
    No picture deleting or 'make this item your profile pic' features. These are good suggestions that can be worked on by adding feedback thru FB. Tap the pull-down menu and select 'Help' to get the link needed to take you right to the 'feedback' list. Make sure to make your comments on the "FB Beta" thread vs the other random ones.

Does anyone have the .ipk file? I still have the issue where my Facebook beta won't update. I click the update button and then the bar just sits there and does nothing. Was there a fix posted for this?
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    WoW. I am loving this better than the old face book on my pixi.

Thank You
    Am I the only 1 that doesn't like the fact that comments are now shown with the newest first? All the old versions, and the normal facebook .com show comments starting with the oldest so that if you are reading it, you can follow the conversation. Now, you have to start with the bottom comment and read back up toward the top.
    looks like they pushed out another small update 1.2.32 jus downloaded it
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast