Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We've being anticipating the coming of Agile Messenger before and after Mundu "blew" it with the release of Mundu Messenger (If you've used Mundu Messenger then, you know what i meant). Its now here and it cost a whooping $9.99. Isnt that a little too much?
    It says there are features like video messaging. I dont know how thats going to work for Palm Pre.

Edit: I just saw it in the app catalog, but it vanished again. Im guessing it will be back later. Here are the features!

Instant Messaging
    Connect to your MSN®, Yahoo!®, ICQ®, AIM® and GoogleTalk® buddy lists all at the same time and send and receive instant messages while out on the road.

Push to Talk
    Use your phone as a walkie-talkie and send instant voice messages to any of your MSN®, Yahoo®, ICQ®, AIM® and Google Talk® buddies.

Picture Messaging
    Snap pics on your mobile and share them with your friends by sending them to any of your MSN®, Yahoo®, ICQ®, AIM® and GoogleTalk® buddies.

Video Messaging
    See something crazy? Video record it and instantly send it to any of your MSN®, Yahoo®, ICQ®, AIM® and Google Talk® buddies.
    Sounds like a winner to me! Apart from the regular Google, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, AIM. It also supports XMPP / Jabber, SIP/SIMPLE and IMPS.
    Last edited by Jason Black; 07/27/2010 at 07:29 AM.
    How does it have access to the mic? The public api hasn't been released yet...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    How does it have access to the mic? The public api hasn't been released yet...

Hey, i couldnt tell you how they might have gotten the API for the Mic. Maybe Palm mistakenly put it up. But i know for sure that i saw it in the "Today" row in the app catalog and in about an hour, the today row disappeared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Hey, i couldnt tell you how they might have gotten the API for the Mic. Maybe Palm mistakenly put it up. But i know for sure that i saw it in the "Today" row in the app catalog and in about an hour, the today row disappeared.
    Hmm... Where did you copy/paste that description from?
    My question is does it stay running/logged in/sending notification in the background while the card is closed? Mundu failed in that respect big time.

Melissa
    what about skype? is there a client that also does skype? or do we need to wait for webos 2.0 for that to happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    what about skype? is there a client that also does skype? or do we need to wait for webos 2.0 for that to happen?
    Any app that uses the mic will need to wait until the public mic api's are released. This was supposed to happen with 1.5, but it looks like we're going straight to 2.0 in late 2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    My question is does it stay running/logged in/sending notification in the background while the card is closed? Mundu failed in that respect big time.

Melissa
    EXACTLY! This is what I want! Also, Mundu keeps giving me errors in my yahoo and one of my fb accounts wont even log in!

I don't mind paying $10 for this app if it actually works well and stays connected in background mode!
    No way it's going to support push-to-talk. The developer didn't care to edit the description for each platform the app is on. This is just the generic description. Sorry.
    Don't shoot the messenger, aka Jason Black.

Shoot the package maintainer for submitting the press text.

http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...gile-messenger

Besides: The app is no longer available. The download link doesn't work any more: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...agilemessenger
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Hmm... Where did you copy/paste that description from?
    I put 2 and 2 together.

Agile Mobile - MSN, ICQ, AIM, XMPP, IMPS, Google Talk & Yahoo! Messenger for Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    No way it's going to support push-to-talk. The developer didn't care to edit the description for each platform the app is on. This is just the generic description. Sorry.
    That's what I was thinking. It isn't the first time that a webOS Dev just copy/pasted the description from the same app on a different platform lol.
    What the description of "Video Messaging" actually says is "See something crazy? Video record it and instantly send it to any of your MSN®, Yahoo®, ICQ®, AIM® and Google Talk® buddies." This sounds like it uses the pre video recorder that sends the video to your buddies. This is not true Video Messaging
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    What the description of "Video Messaging" actually says is "See something crazy? Video record it and instantly send it to any of your MSN®, Yahoo®, ICQ®, AIM® and Google Talk® buddies." This sounds like it uses the pre video recorder that sends the video to your buddies. This is not true Video Messaging
    Hey...if that works well..i'll take it!
    looks nice but a lil too rich for my blood right now besides i already have mundu AND IM+ which werent exactly what i was hoping for so im kinda jaded by the whole instant messaging scene on the pre
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    well it's back. Anyone wanna take the leap of faith?
    I lose hope when the UI looks bad.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I'm interested in feedback too.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I lose hope when the UI looks bad.
    I think the UI's ok,but some of the color choices are questionable
    From the site listed above (Agile Mobile - MSN, ICQ, AIM, XMPP, IMPS, Google Talk & Yahoo! Messenger for Palm Pre) it appears that they actually don't support Facebook Chat...
    Works with AIM®, MSN® / Windows Live®, Yahoo!® Messenger, GoogleTalk®, ICQ®, & Jabber.
    That's very contrary to their description (Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.) where it says:
    ...with seamless access to MSN®, Yahoo!®, AIM®, ICQ®, GoogleTalk®, Facebook®, MySpace® and Jabber from your Palm.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast