Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I just gave in and downloaded this today since I cant get the Yahoo plugin to work on my Pixi+ to save my life. Its good but I dont feel its that much better than Mundu. I do wish the card could be closed and still give me notification. I also would like to get rid of the sound it makes everytime a contact logs online and blinking notifications would be a huge plus for times when I miss the beep being out of the room or something. It does log in quickly though and I havent had an errors like I was getting with IM+.

Melissa
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    agree. 10 bucks is a bit much, 5 bucks is more likely.

@Jason whats your gripe with the prog?

Only one for me is not being able to change the alert sound
    Im annoyed that i cant even turn off the log in and out sounds. Facebook Buddies take a while to show up. But Agile replied me back today with this.

Hi

We are updating it within the next 10 days.

Thanks
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    I can't figure out how to get myspace messenger to work, any ideas?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Meh, if this were $2-$5 I might have been okay with it. When it works, it's a pretty cool app. I just use the "clear card" at the same time so I can still see my wallpaper. I also like how you can send pics through AIM, FB, etc with it. What I dont like is how buggy it is. It took me several weeks to finally get FB messenger to "work" (which was pretty much the only reason I bought it) and when it does, it doesnt work very well, it is a super battery hog, and doesnt work worth a crap unless I'm on wifi! Always loses connection on 3g and just sucks the life out of my battery trying to reconnect.

I dunno, kinda defeats the purpose of being a mobile messenger if I can only use it in my house, where I have several computers of which I would rather be typing on.
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
    I'm sorry to say but this App is just not worth $10 bucks.

I did finally get it to work with facebook but with an original Palm pre, How can you have a conversation with 10 people if you need 10 cards up? it just doesn't work good.

save you money, go homebrew until more updates
    I've noticed Agile has had a few more updates. Anyone know if it's anything significant?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    I've noticed Agile has had a few more updates. Anyone know if it's anything significant?

As far as I can tell, nothing significant but I really sort of gave up on this app and only use it when I want to send picture messages through AIM or FB. I still get booted connections quite frequently over 3g or WiFi and it absolutely sucks the life out of my battery. Facebook connects a lot better now, but I still prefer the patch from preware. I'm still pretty bitter about this app, but I'm willing to update my review if it gets any better.
    Exhaust the body, Proceed the mind, Cultivate the spirit
    Did anyone managed to get it to work with ICQ? I tried several ICQ accounts, but I always get "invalid username or password".

I already reseted my Palm Pre Plus to 1.4.5 (German Vodafone edition) via WebOS Doctor, but the problem stayed. I have no problem to login to Facebook or other Jabber accounts.
    "For those that are unaware, ICQ is no longer owned by AOL. The breakage that users may have experienced was due to the change-over to the new authentication servers."
    ( libpurple news page , FYI: libpurple is the successor of libgaim)

Could it be possible that these news are the reason why I recieve a "wrong username or password" every time I try to connect to ICQ? It doesn't matter whether I use Agile Messenger or the built in messenger app (with installed patch). Other networks (e.g. Jabber) work without a flaw. I already resetted my Palm Pre Plus (GSM European) with the WebOS Doctor without any success.

The interessting thing is: when I unpacked the phone it still had WebOS 1.4.1 on it, and I was able to use ICQ by typing in my UIN in the bultin AIM support and it worked without a flaw.

Anyone else having problems with connecting to ICQ?
    Agile fixed it for me. It's now working again.

Date:
    16 Nov 11:53am
    I tried several ICQ accounts, but I always get "invalid username or password".

I already reseted my Palm Pre Plus to 1.4.5 (German Vodafone edition) via WebOS Doctor, but the problem stayed. I have no problem to login to Facebook or other Jabber accounts.

Could it be related to this news?

"For those that are unaware, ICQ is no longer owned by AOL. The breakage that users may have experienced was due to the change-over to the new authentication servers."
    ( libpurple news page , FYI: libpurple is the successor of libgaim)
    Date:
    16 Nov 10:49pm

We are investigating this at the moment

Thanks
    Date:
    16 Nov 11:29pm

We have fixed the ICQ problem - Can you log in now?

Thanks
    Date:
    17 Nov 3:26am

Thank you very much for your quick solution.
    I still cant get facebook chat to work... I get "Login Timeout" error. Can anyone please give me answers.. I use Palm Pre Plus on O2 network in UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Almost 2 years and webos still does not have a decent im client. That's just sad.
    Absolutely true... I would have thought they would bring in Nimbuzz to webOS as I just loved that! Free calls on MSN, free connection, facebook and msn and all agile messenger clients worked fine.... it sucks agile messenger b/c almost 75% of internet users globally use facebook and msn... so why do IM clients today not have it? Question of the century.... :/
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    well. at least we are getting facebook messaging with the next FB app. Skype will be tied in too. not so shabby
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    Almost 2 years and webos still does not have a decent im client. That's just sad.
    Have you tried Greg Roll's Messaging plugins?
    Well, IMHO good im clients are lacking on all major smartphone platforms. The one reason I like the built in webos chat with Greg's plugins better than others is because it keeps it's connection. Every other im client I've tried on WebOS and every other platform has problems keeping its connection to the different networks. Other stuff like file transfers and chat rooms would be nice but it's not a must for me.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234