Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 75
  1. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #41  
    Seems to work really well and have some nice options, but I can't get Facebook IM to sign in... Any tips?
  2. #42  
    wow- this messenger ROCKS.

    Noticed a few bugs here and there, but I am officially using this for AIM and google, no longer using the default messenger.

    -Background nootification works perfectly fine, and coming in and out of WIFI to EV works as it should

    -sending photos work NICE (just like old verichat days)

    --only drawback I see so far is: notification sounds cannot be changed from user's sound option
    --when card is swiped away, it logs you off (duh I suppose)
    --whenever someone logs on, it makes a noise (they have a disable noise for that, but its a bug and it is not working...for me at least)


    Overal- I recommend it


    edit to add: THIS PROGRAM MIMICS VERICHAT in every possible way....if you loved Verichat (like many here, as do I), this chatting program is for you.

    --Also, it auto-connects after a phone call nicely too
    Last edited by trim81; 07/31/2010 at 09:27 AM.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Seems to work really well and have some nice options, but I can't get Facebook IM to sign in... Any tips?
    Have you logged on to facebook on a desktop and approved the app to have access?

    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    in the one screenshot it looks like u have an option to finally select ur own ringtone for new messages received been waiting for that, still too expensive tho wish it came out during the app catalog sale id pay $5 for it
    That option has been available for awhile under preferences and accounts in the messaging app.
  4. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Have you logged on to facebook on a desktop and approved the app to have access?
    When I first tried to log in on Agile Messenger, it asked me to do it in the Pre's browser. Logging out and in again to Facebook on my desktop doesn't prompt me to do anything...
  5. #45  
    @Steven X have you setup a facebook username note it is not the same as your login name.

    When you login to facebook click on accounts then you will see options see if you have anything under username if not you need to set one up to access the facebook chat.

    When I just setup facebook chat with Agile messenger I got a success screen and now facebook is asking me to allow agile messenger to access facebook chat. I then clicked on the little gears at the top that took me to another page and all my facebook contacts were there.

    When I click on allow I get a success popupl. But I believe you have to setup your username before that happens similiar to the facebook chat patch that is available.
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/31/2010 at 10:37 AM.
  6. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #46  
    Managed to get it working, by just deleting the account details from Agile and then re-signing in again. Seems that Facebook didn't properly authorise the app to access my account first time round (despite getting the Success screen).

    Using the app, I think it's pretty nice but there are a couple of annoyances, particularly that the buddy list card keeps opening itself up for no apparent reason. I can be typing a message to a contact or in a completely unrelated card, and all of a sudden the main Agile buddy list card zooms in again... What's that about!?
  7. #47  
    I wish the offline buddies could be hidden. I only bought the app because it said it had talk to talk so I was clearly disappointed that the feature was missing.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    I emailed and asked them if it runs in background mode. If it does its worth the $10 to me. If not its another waste like Mundu and IM+ (yep I bought both) which I dont understand since both do run in background mode for Centro and Blackberry and probably dozens of other phones. Not sure how WebOS works to be quite honest but it must be a serious challenge getting things to run in background mode since neither Mundu or IM+ have done it so far. Ill post back if they answer my email.

    Melissa
    These apps WILL NOT run in background mode... no ifs ands or buts about it. As of right now... palm has background operation for all active apps blocked... this means, if the app maintains some sort of active connection to the internet... or some active process at all times, it absolutely must be attached to at least a dashboard notification. The only apps that are allowed to run in the background are those few that stay dormant 99% of the time, and simply have a wakeup event that calls them active long enough to perform an action, after which they go dormant again. Like a weather app that downloads weather updates every 30 minutes.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    My question is does it stay running/logged in/sending notification in the background while the card is closed? Mundu failed in that respect big time.

    Melissa
    NO, I got it and it does not!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    wow- this messenger ROCKS.

    Noticed a few bugs here and there, but I am officially using this for AIM and google, no longer using the default messenger.

    -Background nootification works perfectly fine, and coming in and out of WIFI to EV works as it should

    -sending photos work NICE (just like old verichat days)

    --only drawback I see so far is: notification sounds cannot be changed from user's sound option
    --when card is swiped away, it logs you off (duh I suppose)
    --whenever someone logs on, it makes a noise (they have a disable noise for that, but its a bug and it is not working...for me at least)


    Overal- I recommend it


    edit to add: THIS PROGRAM MIMICS VERICHAT in every possible way....if you loved Verichat (like many here, as do I), this chatting program is for you.

    --Also, it auto-connects after a phone call nicely too
    OK, you either don't understand background notification or you are working for the company.

    Background notification does NOT work! It can't!

    You even say it logs out when you close the card! That means that it doesn't work with background notification.

    We are talking about being able to close the app card and still have it work. That's background notification and true multitasking.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post

    We are talking about being able to close the app card and still have it work. That's background notification and true multitasking.

    Rob
    The phone does do true multitasking... true multitasking is the ability to have more than one program running at a time with the ability to jump back and forth between them freely and at will.

    Background notifications have nothing to do with that...
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewanders View Post
    The phone does do true multitasking... true multitasking is the ability to have more than one program running at a time with the ability to jump back and forth between them freely and at will.

    Background notifications have nothing to do with that...
    I know what true multitasking is. I was trying to make the point that Agile is not doing background notifications as most people would think of it working. And that is without having to have the card open and have the app working in the background, multitasking with the operating system.

    The way that guy wrote his review, he first states that it works, then says it doesn't.

    I have the app and it does not do background operations if you close the card.

    So it is not able to multitask in the background.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I know what true multitasking is. I was trying to make the point that Agile is not doing background notifications as most people would think of it working. And that is without having to have the card open and have the app working in the background, multitasking with the operating system.

    The way that guy wrote his review, he first states that it works, then says it doesn't.

    I have the app and it does not do background operations if you close the card.

    So it is not able to multitask in the background.

    Rob

    That guy is I.

    I am no way affiliated with the company.

    You have a different idea of background notification.

    Background notification means (to me) when the screen is turned off, it will still notify you.

    True- it would be nicer if wee can throw away the card, but as my review above states, this program DOES DO true background notification -aka you can keep the card open and go to another card and still accept an instant message

    This program, as written above by I, mimics the old treo days, with Verichat. Verichat app needed to be open, and was considered background notification.

    And yes, I know what I am talking about.
  14. #54  
    There seems to be a bug: when a new contact signs on, a sound alert is alerted. In the Pref menu, I disable the "online" sound- but the sound keeps reappering.

    Anyone find a work around to silence the sound when a buddy comes online?
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    wow- this messenger ROCKS.

    Noticed a few bugs here and there, but I am officially using this for AIM and google, no longer using the default messenger.

    -Background nootification works perfectly fine, and coming in and out of WIFI to EV works as it should

    -sending photos work NICE (just like old verichat days)

    --only drawback I see so far is: notification sounds cannot be changed from user's sound option
    --when card is swiped away, it logs you off (duh I suppose)
    --whenever someone logs on, it makes a noise (they have a disable noise for that, but its a bug and it is not working...for me at least)


    Overal- I recommend it


    edit to add: THIS PROGRAM MIMICS VERICHAT in every possible way....if you loved Verichat (like many here, as do I), this chatting program is for you.

    --Also, it auto-connects after a phone call nicely too
    Why do you do this to me... I was trying to save some money and don't buy it until it goes on sale...
  16. #56  
    I recommend it. It does have bugs, but works as it should for this release.

    I officially removed the messenger accounts from the stock messenger and only using Agile for 4 of our pres.

    The send photo feature is MUCH faster than sending a MMS through text (like verichat days -photo is uploaded to 3rd party server)
  17.    #57  
    Im highly disappointed!! But its a lot better than Mundu. Mundu sucks. I just dont understand why this app cost me 10 dollars. It should have been 5 dollars.
    Last edited by Jason Black; 08/11/2010 at 10:46 PM.
  18. #58  
    agree. 10 bucks is a bit much, 5 bucks is more likely.

    @Jason whats your gripe with the prog?

    Only one for me is not being able to change the alert sound
  19. #59  
    Push and Talk is really interesting, does it just make the voice record then send it or it just works exactly as a walkie talkie?
  20. #60  
    100 times better than Mundu. They definately put some love on this app and added some nice features. Very clean interface and it simply works for MSN and Facebook. Nobody has said anything about the Flickr integration, but it is fantastic how you can send picture links from your Flickr account. However, I agree with everybody that $10 a bit too much for the app. I think $5 would have been a good price.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions