Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    looks nice but a lil too rich for my blood right now besides i already have mundu AND IM+ which werent exactly what i was hoping for so im kinda jaded by the whole instant messaging scene on the pre
    +1...too expensive for just an app IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post
    EXACTLY! This is what I want! Also, Mundu keeps giving me errors in my yahoo and one of my fb accounts wont even log in!

I don't mind paying $10 for this app if it actually works well and stays connected in background mode!
    I emailed and asked them if it runs in background mode. If it does its worth the $10 to me. If not its another waste like Mundu and IM+ (yep I bought both) which I dont understand since both do run in background mode for Centro and Blackberry and probably dozens of other phones. Not sure how WebOS works to be quite honest but it must be a serious challenge getting things to run in background mode since neither Mundu or IM+ have done it so far. Ill post back if they answer my email.

Melissa
    tried buying it, card was charged of course but download aint startin. Then again all my app updates aren't working now...
    Anyone buy this yet?
    I just bought it... Testing it out...

EDIT: Okay, so far, the app seems cool. I had a little trouble logging in to Facebook & MySpace, but those work. I only have GTalk, Facebook, MySpace, Yahoo!, & AIM. I don't have any of the other ones, so I was able to test them out very well.

As far as background notification, you cannot close the app & still stay signed in. It didn't work for me. When you want to send an IM to someone, it opens a new card. If you close the main Agile card, it will close you IM & sign you out. When you're signing back in, in my opinion, I was pretty quick. It signed me in to all 5 of my IM accounts in about 30 seconds.

The UI isn't bad like some of you were saying, it has the option to change it to default, aka Palm Light. There's a few preferences on customizing the look, mostly in the IM card, not so much the IM contacts list.

I took quite a few screen shots, so I'll get them up soon. I actually had all this typed out once & some how I got signed out of Pre|Central.net. Idk how but it got me mad because I had all the screen shots linked & everything. Haha. FAILLLL!!! Okay, screen shots coming very soon.

EDIT: Screen shots a few posts below...
    Last edited by Prince_Basil; 07/27/2010 at 02:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    From the site listed above (Agile Mobile - MSN, ICQ, AIM, XMPP, IMPS, Google Talk & Yahoo! Messenger for Palm Pre) it appears that they actually don't support Facebook Chat...

That's very contrary to their description (Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.) where it says:
    If it supports jabber then it supports facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post
    please do share ur experience. I am waiting for someone to test it and tell us if it work. For $10 bucks it must be best messaging app.
    Agile Splash:

Main Login Screen:

Logging In:

Buddy List/Contacts (Sky Theme):

Buddy List/Contacts (Default Theme/Palm Light):

*Just a quick note, I'm using my Suave Theme & in the theme, I was able to change the drop down arrows from the blue to the dark gray. I think this app uses those same arrows, so if you don't have my theme, they might be the light blue like in the email.*

IM Card:

*So this show a few different things, the IM is in the Sky Theme as well with chat bubbles on. Also, if you see at the bottom in the dashboard, it shows when someone new goes online. And it shows from what IM client.

IM Card (Default Theme/Palm Light):

*Chat Bubbles On...*

IM Card (Default Theme/Palm Light):

*Chat Bubbles Off...*

Agile in Card View:

*The Agile main card on the left, the IM chat in the center, & a notification of a new IM in the dashboard*

Preferences:

General Preferences:

Miscellaneous Preferences:

Appearance Preferences:

Now I just want to make a note that when I said Default Theme, that's actually not the default theme. Sky Theme is the default. I was just simply calling it what they named it. Hense why I also called it Palm Light.

I hope this helped!
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Basil View Post

EDIT: Okay, so far, the app seems cool. I had a little trouble logging in to Facebook & MySpace, but those work. I only have GTalk, Facebook, MySpace, Yahoo!, & AIM. I don't have any of the other ones, so I was able to test them out very well.

As far as background notification, you cannot close the app & still stay signed in. It didn't work for me. When you want to send an IM to someone, it opens a new card. If you close the main Agile card, it will close you IM & sign you out. When you're signing back in, in my opinion, I was pretty quick. It signed me in to all 5 of my IM accounts in about 30 seconds.

The UI isn't bad like some of you were saying, it has the option to change it to default, aka Palm Light. There's a few preferences on customizing the look, mostly in the IM card, not so much the IM contacts list.

I took quite a few screen shots, so I'll get them up soon. I actually had all this typed out once & some how I got signed out of Pre|Central.net. Idk how but it got me mad because I had all the screen shots linked & everything. Haha. FAILLLL!!! Okay, screen shots coming very soon.

EDIT: Screen shots a few posts below...
    Thank you for the info! The fact that the card cant be closed and stay logged in is a no sale for me but I do appreciate the pics and info.

Melissa
    too bad they came after Mundu.

Actually the UI looks impressive to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    Thank you for the info! The fact that the card cant be closed and stay logged in is a no sale for me but I do appreciate the pics and info.

Melissa
    You're welcome. I'm kinda mad I did spend $10 on it... Oh well...
    in the one screenshot it looks like u have an option to finally select ur own ringtone for new messages received been waiting for that, still too expensive tho wish it came out during the app catalog sale id pay $5 for it
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    in the one screenshot it looks like u have an option to finally select ur own ringtone for new messages received been waiting for that, still too expensive tho wish it came out during the app catalog sale id pay $5 for it
    You can but I think it's just a list of available ones. I don't think you can add your own to the collection. I'll see...
    Last edited by Prince_Basil; 07/28/2010 at 05:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I am beginning to think the Pre just does not have the stuff needed to make a decent messenger application. They all suck so bad compared what I see on other platforms. It's really disappointed and it took so long for any of them to be released.

I just read that it cannot run in the background. This must have somethign to do with Webos. Disappointing.
    just because this app doesn't run in the background does't mean it can't. Given the number of apps that CAN run in the background, i'd say the dev didn't add this feature.
    Any else with thoughts on this? I actually like the built-in messenger app, but I have a lot of problems with it hanging from time to time (messages take a long time to go through on IM) for no good reason, so if this worked well I'd go for it. I have Mundu but I'm having issues.
    I used to run Gregg's plugin for Facebook, MSN and gtalk. My battery would die so fast and my Pre would get so slow that I decided to just give up on them. Plus, there were many times when my Pre would get stuck on a constant connecting loop. So, background messaging for all these chat services is a bad idea for a mobile device in the present. I liked the idea of having an app like Mundu take care of chat services only when I need them, however I agree with everybody that says that Mundu sucks! Agile Messenger looks to be way better than Mundu, IM+ and the plugin solution. The only problem is that for $10!!! I'm going to have to wait and see if the price goes down.
    I am using it .. Working fine for me,, need to be able to turn off about 95% of my FB contacts ... I work offshore and it is perfect chatting with friends who don't have cell service..
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I used to run Gregg's plugin for Facebook, MSN and gtalk. My battery would die so fast and my Pre would get so slow that I decided to just give up on them. Plus, there were many times when my Pre would get stuck on a constant connecting loop. So, background messaging for all these chat services is a bad idea for a mobile device in the present. I liked the idea of having an app like Mundu take care of chat services only when I need them, however I agree with everybody that says that Mundu sucks! Agile Messenger looks to be way better than Mundu, IM+ and the plugin solution. The only problem is that for $10!!! I'm going to have to wait and see if the price goes down.
    I have a feeling this is going to drain the battery just as bad as the native messaging app with Greg's plugins. FWIW, I haven't had any problems with the connection loop in several versions. Of course I'm only using yahoo im and gtalk w/ greg's plugins.
    I notice fb contacts take a while to actually show up, tried using jabber for facebook to get it to work. Neone try this with any luck?
    Creating a backend service in WebOS can be a challenge in 1.x. With the exception of Preware, which uses a native service (written in C/C++), I think most apps with background processing use Java-based services that all run inside a single daemon. A single Java-based service that uses a lot of memory slows the whole system down, particularly when the JVM does garbage collection to scavenge the heap. Background services that have any timing dependencies just don't work right in this situation.

IMHO, the good news is that Java will be deprecated in WebOS 2.0. Coupled with the other changes, I have hope that, even on existing hardware, we'll see major speed improvements immediately and functionality improvements as developers take advantage of new features. New, OMAP 4XXX-based hardware would be .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast