Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Something is starting to worry me. Why aren't we hearing about the big influx of pdk apps that are coming. I've heard about a couple of games and even big ones like angry birds. But if the PDK is right around the corner, I would have thought we'd be hearing about alot more apps than we have been currently.

where are the youtube vids of the new apps running on the pre or pixi. I've seen about 5. i was expecting at least 25 to 50.

I bought probably about 35 apps since this sale and I want to get a jump on the new pdk apps
    Palm Pro->m505->Zodiac 2->Treo 680->Treo Pro->Pre+
    I've been helping some colleagues (see Galcon story), but not everyone is in a situation drop what they're doing and do a port.

Then there's the other problem: How do people know when an app is PDK or not? As far as I know, you just have to know what games are PDK games and which ones aren't.
    [ Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment | Mike on Twitter | Blog ]
    Smiles [Drop Video, Zen Video] the award winning puzzle game is now on webOS 1.4.0+ (PDK)
    Now Available: Smiles Zen and Smiles Drop (standalone) with Pixi support! (1.4.5+ only)
    Until 1.4.5 drops in the U.S. you probably won't see much hype on the new PDK apps.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by PoVRAZOR View Post
    I've been helping some colleagues (see Galcon story), but not everyone is in a situation drop what they're doing and do a port.
    I hear ya. but I figure there are over 300,000 apps in the app store. I figured we'd get alot more apps ported over. I know alot more will come in time, but I thought we get alot more at the start. beggars can't be choosers I guess

Quote Originally Posted by PoVRAZOR View Post
    Then there's the other problem: How do people know when an app is PDK or not? As far as I know, you just have to know what games are PDK games and which ones aren't.
    For me it'll be very easy. Just look for cool games and apps that i haven't bought yet. not to mention they'll be 2.50 instead of 5.00

Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    Until 1.4.5 drops in the U.S. you probably won't see much hype on the new PDK apps.
    PoVRAZOR asked how'd we'd know what games are PDK are not. If devs were porting alot of games and apps over we'd be hearing about them. We've heard about a few like Galcon, Angry Birds and ExZeus. Maybe alot of devs are taking a wait and see approach? I guess we'll have to wait for the update and see.
    Palm Pro->m505->Zodiac 2->Treo 680->Treo Pro->Pre+
    what is pdk I'm new to all this and iwana know where and how ican learn everything about the pre
    I think Palm is shooting themselves in the foot with the PDK apps. Some have been released, but if you are in the US and still waiting on the 1.4.5+ update, you can't DL them... makes it look like there is 0 interest in their games and I can imagine devs would wonder why they should port any other apps to WebOS. Could be wrong though, just my $0.02.
    The US release date is unfortunately outside Palm's control. We're all waiting on the carriers to push the updates through. Palm has been great to us developers.

what is pdk I'm new to all this and iwana know where and how ican learn everything about the pre
    The PDK is what us developers use to write native and 3D games for the Pre and Pixi. So any games you find that run nice and fast, and feature lots of effects are likely made with the PDK.
    Smiles [Drop Video, Zen Video] the award winning puzzle game is now on webOS 1.4.0+ (PDK)
    Now Available: Smiles Zen and Smiles Drop (standalone) with Pixi support! (1.4.5+ only)
    I think US carriers are waiting for a stable update...
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I was about to post a new thread about this very subject. Now that 1.4.5 has hit Sprint anyone hear of new pdk apps?
    Well, I haven't finished updating yet, but there's a few that should be in there (if they're enabled for the US that is):

Galcon
    Raging Thunder 2
    ExZeus Arcade
    Crusade of Destiny
    I find some more 1.4.5 PDK-Stuff available in european Catalog:

Free:
    Piano
    Helicopter 3D
    Pocket Fire
    Free Beer
    Pixi Dust
    3D Dice
    Alien Invaders
    Fun with Fractals
    Saber Ultimate

Paid:
    Puzzle Paint 3D
    Buka
    Everlands
    Radiant
    Totemo
    Raging Thunder 2
    Multitouch Piano
    Crusade of Destiny
    Smiles Zen
    Smiles Drop
    Lovecatch
    Ex Zeus Arcade
    Drummer
    Galcon
    Some of those games from Hexage look really nice. Especially that twisted Space Invaders clone, Radiant.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    do not forget the pre-release PDK applications that are also available from 1.4.1

- Cronk
    - GW Series (6 individual titles)
    - abiosis:chains
    - ancient frog
    - smiles

even if you do not have 1.4.5 yet - you can grab these games
    Last edited by ardiri; 08/12/2010 at 12:18 AM. Reason: fixed "smiles" :)
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Mobile 1UP, http://www.mobile1up.com/
    Caveman, Caveman HD (touchpad), Cronk and GW Series available on web OS
    A PDK application is a app that is taking advantage of C+ coding, to know if a applicaiton is a PDK it will run in fullscreen without a title bar like traditional applications. Also there are no Hybrid PDK/SDK applications out yet, however, if you are using preware. Some applications are Hybrid PDK/SDK ie; wIRC.

Hope that helps some newbies.

But yes, palm/hp? has really slacked on this pdk "contest". The leaderboard isn't even up yet. I forsee this being just as much as a failure as the sdk "contest" was. Yeah there was development. But people havn't stepped out of the norm. I see the traditional development happening, no huge influx's.

I seem to remember palm saying they were getting a amazing turnout with developers wanting to submit there app. They must be slow at the review process if thats the case.
    Last edited by Klownicle; 08/11/2010 at 07:56 AM.
    Now that 1.4.5 is out in the US, does anyone have a list of all the PDK apps and games we've missed out on in the last month?
    I've had 1.4.5 for some time now and you haven't missed out on a whole lot but I thonk galcon and exzeus are 2 of the more notable ones.
    I know the answer but no hope on getting those (ExZeus & galcon) on my pixi plus huh?
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Sticky? Seriously, I think a lot of people would want to be able to keep this updated and see what is out there.
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    helicopter 3D. Bad game though
    Quote Originally Posted by ardiri View Post
    do not forget the pre-release PDK applications that are also available from 1.4.1

- Cronk
    - GW Series (6 individual titles)
    - abiosis:chains
    - ancient frog
    - smilies

even if you do not have 1.4.5 yet - you can grab these games
    Smiles with one "i".
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast