webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Wallpaper Apps
Wallpaper Apps

Old 07/26/2010, 01:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

I am looking for wallpaper apps that allow more than just a picture.

I found ultimate wallpaper which isn't bad but is limited in it's features.

Are there any other wallpaper apps that allow weather, twitter, stocks, etc?
adbrown83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2010, 01:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hi abrown83,

Because the Pre/Pixi devices do not support 'live' wallpapers, there is no app like this. What I'd suggest is to simply keep whatever app you wish as a wallpaper running all the time. You can always minimize that app to card view. With webOS's ability to multi-task using the card view is awesome since you don't have to close/open apps all the time. Just keep them live and minimize the app to a card when you move to another app.. and then bring it back up when you want it back as your "wallpaper". It's not quite the same, but kinda the same...

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2010, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
Hi abrown83,

Because the Pre/Pixi devices do not support 'live' wallpapers, there is no app like this. What I'd suggest is to simply keep whatever app you wish as a wallpaper running all the time. You can always minimize that app to card view. With webOS's ability to multi-task using the card view is awesome since you don't have to close/open apps all the time. Just keep them live and minimize the app to a card when you move to another app.. and then bring it back up when you want it back as your "wallpaper". It's not quite the same, but kinda the same...
Thanks for the response, but I already stated that there is a app that does what I was asking for, Ultimate Wallpaper. I know there are specific apps that change your wallpaper to your twitter feed. I am just wondering if there are any other apps similar to Ultimate Wallpaper with more features?
adbrown83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0