Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Another day, another medical homebrew app
    Anyway due to popular demand, I looked to see if I could easily come up with a DSM-IV app. Unfortunately the online search tools such as in PSYweb complete mental health site. don't seem to be working.
    A bit of googling and I found out there is a text database of the DSM-IV codes in memoware.com
    I managed to convert it to csv format using the technique I learnt in generating the List items for Eponyms and I basically made something similar for DSM IV.

I am not uploading it yet to the Repository/Preware but posting an early build here for testing. Unzip the attachment and install the ipk as per usual using WOSQI.
    Some screenshots attached as well to give you an idea of what I did.
    The search is only by Name of the disorder (using the WebOS style of 'Typing to Filter List'), not reverse lookup from the Code.

Feedback please.

Update:
    Out now in the Repository:
    http://uploads.precentral.net/homebr...s/dsm-iv-webos
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 07/25/2010 at 11:09 PM.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    You are staying busy!
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Do you sleep?

Screenshots look good. Can't wait to install it when I get near a computer. My wife's been missing her PalmOS version of the DSM since we went to WebOS.

Now I just have to think of another app I can request that you can do in a day.
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    ridiculous!

if your looking for another app I have an idea

this here site has a free medical dictionary.

http://www.medical-dictionary.ro/download.html

perhaps they could alow it's use in a webOS app.

I was thinking of contacting them myself and taking it on as a project.
    palmdoc you are my hero. Thanks so much. Just a quick question when I open the app and click on academic problem a list is at the bottom. When I click on for example 309.23 Specific Academic or work inhibition it turns blue both nothing else happens.

Edit: Nevermind reread your post and it does what is supposed to do
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/25/2010 at 06:47 PM.
    palmdoc, u'r my idol! Haha.. Another great project by palmdoc!
  7.    #7  
    @mamouton - thanks for pointing it out : its a problem with the secondary links in webview. Will fix it tomorrow. Bed time for me now
  8.    #8  
    Updated the program - fixed some formatting issues and the secondary link problem with the bottom panel (which is a WebView of the automatic search result for ICD9 equivalent of the DSM term from searchicd9.com)
    Which illness in DSM-IV equates to overworking and sleep deprivation? I think I have that, too.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Which illness in DSM-IV equates to overworking and sleep deprivation? I think I have that, too.
    DSM 780.52? 780.59?

ICD

307.4 Specific Disorders Of Sleep Of Nonorganic Origin
    307.40 Nonorganic Sleep Disorder, Unspecified
    307.41 Transient Disorder Of Initiating Or Maintaining Sleep
    307.42 Persistent Disorder Of Initiating Or Maintaining Sleep
    307.45 Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder Of Nonorganic Origin
  11.    #11  
    OK just submitted to Homebrew repository. Hope it shows up soon.
    palmdoc when I click on the first title academic problems I get the pop up at the bottom when I click on one of those links the bottom goes blank. So I am clear when I click on Anxiety disorder NOS I get the DSM code of 300 icd9 code of 294.9 when I click on that it acts like it is searching and then comes up with the same information.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    palmdoc when I click on the first title academic problems I get the pop up at the bottom when I click on one of those links the bottom goes blank.
    Works fine for me. Maybe something wrong with your internet connection?
    Alphabetical Index of all Psychiatric Disorders at ALLPSYCH Online I saw this that explained the symptoms etc of the disorders don't know if it can help or not.
  15.    #15  
    Alphabetical Index of all Psychiatric Disorders at ALLPSYCH Online I saw this that explained the symptoms etc of the disorders don't know if it can help or not.

Correction, their search engine isn't very good, but their explanation is good. Now if you want me to link their detailed explanation for each, I need some hard work and someone to manually enter the URL where available for each DSM diagnosis. I am attaching the raw data in Excel format. The URL should be entered in column D and match the diagnosis in column B using the links here:
    Alphabetical Index of all Psychiatric Disorders at ALLPSYCH Online
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 07/25/2010 at 10:33 PM.
    Here you go I linked all the ones that were available. If I run into any more websites that have the codes I will complete the other ones.

Updated: added more descriptive codes.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/26/2010 at 12:56 AM.
    Yeah I was just about to mention that the list at that link is nowhere near exhaustive. I work primarily with children and adolescents, and there are NO diagnoses in DSM-IV specific to that population at that link. I will start looking as well.
  18.    #18  
    Updated to version 0.8.0 - now the additional information will open in a separate view. If there is no URL for the info, then a default "No info" page will display.
    Keep the data coming in - I shall update when you guys can contribute more links.
    palmdoc I notice when dsm is rotated to landscape view the app won't let you see the two mew buttons and you can't scroll up or down in landscape. Thanks for starting this.
  20.    #20  
    palmdoc I notice when dsm is rotated to landscape view the app won't let you see the two mew buttons and you can't scroll up or down in landscape. Thanks for starting this.
    Thanks for pointing that out.
    A quick fix: uploaded v 0.8.5 locking the orientation to Portrait for that particular scene until I can find a workaround. It still rotates after the back gesture if you click on the More info buttons and return to the scene. Not sure how to fix this yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast