1.    #1  
    is it possible to build an app that allows you to share stuff to your computer and not have to plug it in via a usb hookup?

and it would be great to just be able to print stuff from my phone, but i realize that is a different issue all together.

i just really want to be able to put pics on my computer without hooking it up.

and maybe put it in a particular folder.

my question is, is the phone capable of doing this?
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    is it possible to build an app that allows you to share stuff to your computer and not have to plug it in via a usb hookup?
    When you say "share stuff to your computer" there are some wireless sync apps out there that let you sync your device and transfer file to your computer without using USB, but it may not be exactly what you mean.

and it would be great to just be able to print stuff from my phone, but i realize that is a different issue all together.
    This is exactly what HP is doing right now. People complained when HP announced that it was putting webOS onto printers ASAP, but this is exactly why they are pushing it fast. Very soon you will see printers from HP that allow us to print directly from our webOS phones. Your request will be answered VERY soon for this one!
    Get a Dropbox account (see my signature) and download Dropboxify from the App Catalog for $1.50
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    It should certainly be possible to do this, although I suspect the current webOS APIs don't support it and it would have to be Homebrew to work around that.

The much easier thing to do is to use FTP from your computer to grab things from your Pre (or put them on your Pre). This can be done right now ... search for threads on Filezilla or SFTP.
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post

i just really want to be able to put pics on my computer without hooking it up.

and maybe put it in a particular folder.

my question is, is the phone capable of doing this?
    Also check out the thread at http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...filezilla.html. You might also consider checking out http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...alog/zumodrive. I have a Dropbox account, a Zumo Drive account, and have FTP access with FileZilla, and between the 3 I couldn't be happier
    How geeky do you want to get? SSH has everything you need.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.