1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I am passing this along with outing my 2 cents on these apps b/c:

1. I still have a little less than 90 days, with my Centro until I can get a Pre. Actually, I will wait for the new "Pre", (or whatever it will be called), that is supposed to be out before the year is over.

2. I don't have children and my nephews are now adults, as are my g/f children.

Take care,

Jay

Best apps for kids for the Palm Pre

by Paula Jacobs

Best apps for kids for the Palm Pre - by Paula Jacobs - Helium

Several free Palm Pre games and apps are available from Palm.com in many categories. To keep your Palm Pre background more interesting, download Switcharoo, it changes the wallpaper for you automatically, as often you want. Comics such as Garfleid, and Dilbert are favorites for children and adults. With the 'Comics' app for the Palm Pre, you can easily view your favorites in full screen, anytime. The Palm Pre SmartPhone is designed specifically for mobile use and it is able to connect with Facebook and LinkedIn.

Palm Pre uses Palm webOS and it works with the EVDO wireless network. Features include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR with Bluetooth stereo support and a 3.1 inch touch screen whic make it ideal for playing games and utilizing apps. 8GB of storage is available for multiple downloads. To make viewing easier, the Pre can be connected to the computer. Rockus Animals is one very entertaining game for young children and it teaches them about different animal sounds from bears to wolves. Players listen to the sounds and guess what animal makes that noise. More of the best and most popular Palm Pre apps for kids to use are listed below.

* Amulet Light
    A classic puzzle-bubble game with cute bubble poppers, including fun and easy match-three games.

* Bubbles!
    Pop the bubbles. The more you pop - at one time, the more points you get.

* Connect 4
    Full touchscreen controls with 3 game play modes that allow you to play alone, against your online friends, or using Pass 'N Play.

* Ditto
    Memory is tested in this game along with speed skills. This easy-to-play yet addictive game help children (and adults) improve their memory.

* Dot Game
    Just like the old pen-and-paper game. Draw lines to connect dots in a grid - to make boxes. The player with the most boxes at the end of the game wins. Play with a friend or against the computer.

* Photo Fun: Spot the Difference
    Spot the five differences between two similar photos before time runs out.

* Polar Bowling
    A big polar bear is sent sliding across the ice in this fun and whimsical bowling game.

* Shrek Kart
    Race around Shrek's kingdom, get to the Fairy Tale ending first and win 'Ye Grand Tournament'.

* Skater Nation
    Take an exciting skateboard ride through a 3D city with ramps, pipes, and posts for you to show off your skills.

* Tangram
    Try to arrange the seven polygons to form the desired figure. Sharpen your spatial and shape recognition abilities with this puzzle game.

* Topple Ball
    Direct the ball into the goal by tilting the Palm Pre. The angle determines where the ball goes.

3D Games

* Let's Golf
    Discover an exciting 3D golf game that's fun for all ages. Customizable characters and play 64 holes of golf.

* SCRABBLE
    The classic board game now includes difficulty levels that make it a great word game for teens.

* Tetris
    Hundreds of millions of people all over the world love Tetris. This is one of the most popular games ever.

References;

1] palm.com/us/products/software/ mobile-applications.htm
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Don' forget " Pixi Dust ", not a game, more of a toy for kids from 0 to 100 years old.
    Hmmm?.....It's a Palm Pre, here, let me show you something cool...;-)
    My grandchildren find "Animal Sound Box" and "Moo" both very entertaining.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  4.    #4  
    Hi all,
    It is amazing how quickly kids take to technology....it is almost as if they come out of the womb completely computer savvy!

Take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by blaircraigon View Post
    Don' forget " Pixi Dust ", not a game, more of a toy for kids from 0 to 100 years old.
    It kept me entertained while I was developing it
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by blaircraigon View Post
    Right on Blaircraigon, Pixi Dust is my favorite PDK app also!
    don't forget Blobbers

webosroundup.com/2010/07/freeview-blobbers