1.    #1  
    just wondering how to change my quick launcher, id like to have messaging in there(ive tried changing themes but didnt work) any help please
    Call me Darcie, Its my name.
    put your finger on icon, hold it and slide it off launcher bar, same way to add one.
  3.    #3  
    thanks, i could do that because of a patch i had installed thanks alot
    Call me Darcie, Its my name.
    BUT, is there a way to change a specific app's icon? or does anyone one where the apps' icon images are stored? i thought /usr/palm/applications but only some apps (mainly palm) exist there...
    in that directory, keep digging, and you will find a directory for each of the stock apps (nascar, email, sms, phone, etc). Open the directory for whatever app icon you want to change (messaging, i believe).

The directory structure will look like this:
    usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.messaging

In that directory you will see a file, icon.png, which is the icon that appears in the launcher page. As long as you keep the same size, you can replace it with whatever you want. Just make sure it is a png. If you like, also change the icon-256x256.png. That is the icon that appears in the card when you open the app.

You will need to have root access to your phone to do this. Or you can use webosqi to send the new icon file to the specific directory.
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 07/22/2010 at 02:51 PM.

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
    Quote Originally Posted by pumba1239 View Post
    thanks, i could do that because of a patch i had installed thanks alot
    I hope you meant couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by netzer119 View Post
    BUT, is there a way to change a specific app's icon? or does anyone one where the apps' icon images are stored? i thought /usr/palm/applications but only some apps (mainly palm) exist there...
    All your downloaded apps are in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/, where in each folder all you'd have to do is change the icon.png. You'd obviously need access to this folder, because the app names are their ID, not just anything.

The default Pre apps are in /usr/palm/applications/. Same thing applies.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.