Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Big update to v1.5 is out now!

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Saber Ultimate.

I thought about your requests, and also about how I could improve my app even further. So I've done some major rewriting and added: animation!

That's right, the saber is now glowing to make the experience more real. Well, more fun at least It even works in fullscreen mode, and while I was working in Photoshop anyway I also improved the graphics of the saber in fullscreen-mode. It doesn't look as flat anymore.

Of course, animation requires more CPU power. That shouldn't be a problem, I've done some extensive testing. But in case you are starting a long lasting battle, I wanted to give you the option. So, I've designed a new settings form and added a second page for animation options. You can navigate through the pages with gestures. You can turn animation completely off, or just for the fullscreen mode.

Also, you can activate the forward-gesture to turn the animation on or off. This works separately in fullscreen mode. If you turn this off, the forward-gesture changes the color with a simple swipe.

As before, all settings you change will be saved! So if you switch to your favorite color or handle, or if you don't like the background, the app remembers your changes when you close it completely.

Enjoy, and may the force be with you
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
  2.    #22  
    So, version 1.5.2 is out in the Catalog! Now with animation when you turn the saber on or off!

Next version will provide you with some stats about how often you turned the saber on etc.
    My main grip is that it seems too sensitive now. Even with it toned down I still get a clash every time I move
  4.    #24  
    Thanks for your comment. Try to move the phone from left to right and vice versa, on the x-axis, and don't turn the phone itself too much/fast if you want to swing. That should help
  5.    #25  
    That was fast.. version 1.5.7 is out!

Now you have some useless stats at your hand, like how many times you have turned on the saber, how many times you have swung or hit Those settings are saved when you exit the app, but you can reset them. Don't worry, there is a confirmation dialog just in case you should tap the button by accident.

Just tap the icon in the upper left corner to see the stats. I'm not really satisfied with the icon, it will be inverted and a little more subtle in the next version. Have fun
  6.    #26  
    Big update 1.7.0 is out and adds music!

It was your no. 1 request in the reviews, so I licensed a song that is suitable and in John Williams style. I hope you like it! If not, you don't have to turn it on, there's a button. ;-)

I also wanted to give you some settings to play with. On the third settings-page you can de-/activate a music loop playback, enable music pausing, and you say if you want the music to be turned on and off with the saber.

That's it guys, have fun!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    music is a lil laggy. the blade starts a lil too slow. and in the force unleashed iOS app when u swing u hear not a clang but like a differnt sound.

heres a couple videos to get some ideas from...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    i really like this app your doing a great job its one of my favorites. id like there 2 b a lil more variety of sounds. im not complaining tho
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    music is a lil laggy. the blade starts a lil too slow. and in the force unleashed iOS app when u swing u hear not a clang but like a differnt sound.

heres a couple videos to get some ideas from...

Music shouldn't be laggy at all, I've done some quite intensive testing, everything played smooth and lag-free (not overclocked). Maybe you have too much apps running so the CPU is at its limit? If someone else experiences lags please tell me.

Other than that, try to swing a little slower without turning the device itself too much, you should only hear the clashing sound while hitting.
    If I look at the video of the iPhone app, especially the visuals, I think I can compete

Thanks @mksand28
    music plays fine for me no lag at all
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    By far the best lightsaber app for webOS
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i meant the sound. this is a light saber app...not a sword app....so it shouldnt have a clanging sound ..

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  14.    #34  
    I'm not using a sword clanging sound, it's an light saber clashing sound like the one on the iPhone. I didn't include the "softer" clashing, but it's still light saber sound effects.
    gorgeous, i love it! =D

btw i also love the iSaberbattle movies on youtube... hilarious!
    I just wanted to drop by and tell you how much I'm liking the app. While I don't really use it that much myself, my 1 1/2 year old daughter is loving it. She loves shaking the phone to make noise.

Ok I'll admit, I do load up the app occasionally and get my Jedi on...sometimes.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  17.    #37  
    Thanks a lot guys.. I'm glad you, or your children, like it

Update 1.7.1 released!

You now have a volume slider on the right side to adjust the music volume during playback. You can either tap or slide the knob.

Your preferred volume will be saved, and the next version (1.7.3) will give you the opportunity to hide the slider afterwards for a cleaner design.
    Last edited by Blacklight; 09/17/2010 at 12:08 PM.
  18.    #38  
    @Jeffmcc

I took care of your wish and implemented more sounds, also the ones you were missing (I guess). Sounds a lot better now in my opinion. The update will hit in the middle of next week!

Update 1.8.0 will come before that and will also add a lot more fun, but that's a surprise
  19.    #39  
    Update 1.8.0 released, introduces the Darth Vader breath!

Here you go, a button to activate the well known breathing! It's actually more fun than I thought, try it out.

You can turn the breathing on automatically with the saber. To activate that feature, go to the fourth settings page.

More sounds coming very soon!
  20.    #40  
    I'm glad you like the update, I read the reviews.

BUT, the sounds (music, breath etc.) should all play smooth, and playing them at the same time should not be a problem! If that doesn't work for you please tell me, my tests went fine (normal Pre).
    Last edited by Blacklight; 09/22/2010 at 05:16 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast