Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. itZmePre's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have seen some of the talk about the ease of converting apps designed for the iPhone over to WebOS. This App from Chase Bank is really neat and allows users to photgraph the front and back of a check to make a deposit from anywhere without visiting a branch. This would REALLY make my life easier and if it wasn't too much work it would be fantastic to have it for WebOS!

    Chase Mobile (SM) for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store



    Thanks to everyone already creating so much awesome content for us WebOS users to enjoy!

    -- Kevin
  2. #2  
    I bank with chase and this would be great for webos.
  3. itZmePre's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
       #3  
    I didn't think about that aspect of it. It would be great if Chase would see the benefit to having this on all platforms instead of just Apple.

    Thanks for the reply and for pointing out my oversight on the security of it all.

    -- Kevin
  4. #4  
    Why not start asking chase to make a WebOS app.
  5. pz78's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    #5  
    i agree only chase can make this app i have tried calling chase and got as far as to getting thier exec. number which is 1-800-242-7399 every body that wants a chase app needs to call this number request a app for webos just like iphone and bug,bug, bug and request that they email the (IT) tech dept for a reponse and for them to call you back they will do this as i have gone this route already and my reponse was chase was not aware of webos which means there is no demand from the public to get one and if there is your calls have been falling on deaf ears by the regular 1-800 customer service number only way to get a app dont stop bugging.
  6. #6  
    Chase is unlikely to develop a WebOS version of their app anytime soon. The market share of WebOS does not justify the expense. They are much more likely to add Android and possibly Blackberry to their list of platforms.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Chase is unlikely to develop a WebOS version of their app anytime soon. The market share of WebOS does not justify the expense. They are much more likely to add Android and possibly Blackberry to their list of platforms.
    Well, your logic doesn't hold water because Bank of America and Wells made apps for webos in the last several months. And they're larger and more popular than Chase. It's a matter of Palm reaching out to Chase.

    Your logic also falls apart when you start to realize that EA has and is releasing games on webos and so are small indie iphone devs. So again this is a matter of Palm needing to reach out.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  8. #8  
    BoA developed a webOS app because a lot of people were emailing their support from their website and asking for it. If you want Chase to support webOS, you need to let them know as much as possible.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    BoA developed a webOS app because a lot of people were emailing their support from their website and asking for it. If you want Chase to support webOS, you need to let them know as much as possible.
    Good suggestion.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  10. #10  
    Also try the links/numbers on this link:

    www.chase.com/mobile
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    BoA developed a webOS app because a lot of people were emailing their support from their website and asking for it. If you want Chase to support webOS, you need to let them know as much as possible.
    Couldn't agree anymore- I'm happy that BOA finally came through for WebOS
    Mobile HotSpot At&t
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Well, your logic doesn't hold water because Bank of America and Wells made apps for webos in the last several months. And they're larger and more popular than Chase. It's a matter of Palm reaching out to Chase.

    Your logic also falls apart when you start to realize that EA has and is releasing games on webos and so are small indie iphone devs. So again this is a matter of Palm needing to reach out.
    How 'deep' is the BofA app. Can you deposit checks with it or is it more of a convenient way to access the website?

    On the games front, Palm has wisely made it quite easy to port games from the iPhone to the Pre which makes it easier for developers to recover their investment. Porting a Banking app written in Objective-C using the iPhone GUI toolkit will not be so easy.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    How 'deep' is the BofA app. Can you deposit checks with it or is it more of a convenient way to access the website?

    On the games front, Palm has wisely made it quite easy to port games from the iPhone to the Pre which makes it easier for developers to recover their investment. Porting a Banking app written in Objective-C using the iPhone GUI toolkit will not be so easy.
    the BofA allows what the other banking apps allow, I.e. Transfers, balance check and other stuff. Chase's app was the same way until they recently added the check feature, which is pretty cool. I'm sure Wells & BofA could add the same feature if they wanted. However, they would need camera api to do so, and Palm will not release those apis until they release the next version of webos to devs.

    palms pdk allows non-gaming apps to be ported as well. Wells and BofA apps for webos aren't ports. And both have the same app on iphone and droid. So it seems like banks aren't porting to webos, they're going native.
    Last edited by playboy; 08/18/2010 at 12:39 PM.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    the BofA allows what the other banking apps allow, I.e. Transfers, balance check and other stuff. Chase's app was the same way until they recently added the check feature, which is pretty cool. I'm sure Wells & BofA could add the same feature if they wanted. However, they would need camera api to do so, and Palm will not release those apis until they release the next version of webos to devs.

    palms pdk allows non-gaming apps to be ported as well. Wells and BofA apps for webos aren't ports. And both have the same app on iphone and droid. So it seems like banks aren't porting to webos, they're going native.
    All that stuff can be accomplished with a mobile website. The Chase app adds something that cannot.

    Given that it is not possible to port a GUI app from iOS or Android to WebOS, I agree that they are re-writes.

Posting Permissions