1.    #1  
    It seems silly to use the screen for this. Is there one that uses the camera flash instead of the screen?
    Yes, you need preware or webos quick install to install it. It's not in the app catalog (it's home brew).
    You can even toggle it on and off via the device menu!

Check out Jason Robitaille's forums... (Canuck Software)
    I like jason's version LED TORCH, strongly recommend
  4.    #4  
    well it looks like I hav no choice...Homebrew here I come, Thank you
    Last edited by copasetic; 07/20/2010 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Stupid Prē keyboard issues...
    LED Torch and MyFlashlight.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    It seems silly to use the screen for this. Is there one that uses the camera flash instead of the screen?
    Homebrew is the only option for this, and even then, only if you have a Pre or Pre Plus (as the Pixi models have a much different/unknown camera led format).

As for your options, there's LED Torch and MyFlashlight.
    - MyFlashlight has an on/off toggle.
    - LED Torch has an on/off toggle, brightness slider, strobe option (with variable speed setting), and a dark interface so you can use the app in low-light settings without hurting your eyes

Though admittedly, I may have some bias, being the developer of LED Torch
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    As everyone said, use LEDtorch out of homebrew. You can change the brightness and use it as a strobe light. I use this app alot.
    Theres a patch for that
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Homebrew is the only option for this, and even then, only if you have a Pre or Pre Plus (as the Pixi models have a much different/unknown camera led format).

As for your options, there's LED Torch and MyFlashlight.
    - MyFlashlight has an on/off toggle.
    - LED Torch has an on/off toggle, brightness slider, strobe option (with variable speed setting), and a dark interface so you can use the app in low-light settings without hurting your eyes

Though admittedly, I may have some bias, being the developer of LED Torch
    Hey Jason,

I've been using MyFlashlight for a long, long time and it works great for my needs. Might be interested in trying LED torch though to see if I like it better. Is it OK to have both installed at the same time, or would I need to uninstall MyFlashlight first?

If I need to uninstall MyFlashlight, is there anything else I need to remove along with it? (LED manager or something like that?)
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Is it OK to have both installed at the same time, or would I need to uninstall MyFlashlight first?

If I need to uninstall MyFlashlight, is there anything else I need to remove along with it? (LED manager or something like that?)
    Should be fine having both installed. Though if you do choose to uninstall MyFlashlight in the future, then yea, you'd need to uninstall LED Manager. LED Manager is a service solely used by MyFlashlight. LED Torch, on the other hand, uses SysToolsMgr (which is used by many other apps and patches, so there's a chance you may already have it installed )
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  11.    #11  
    Well, after fussing with Netcom for about an hour, it finally works! What a novel idea. And I am told the iP***e4 just got this feature ;-) Thank you