Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    just got to test again and yes I also see the problem, I should have it taken care of with this evening's release as well as local search capabilities.
    Confirmed, it's now fixed. Thanks man.
    When I open BFGMaps the GPS radio doesn't turn on. I'm not sure if this is implemeted into it,but can you do this please?
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    When I open BFGMaps the GPS radio doesn't turn on. I'm not sure if this is implemented into it,but can you do this please?
    i noticed this over the last couple days and i was forced to go into Location Services and turn on Auto-Locate otherwise the program used to ask for permission to use location services.i hope this will be fixed soon
  4. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    awesome APP !
    weird mine turns on right away when I start bfgmaps but I do have location services turned on all the time, I am going to turn off the service by default then reboot if it does not prompt I should be able to fix it quickly.
    ok confirmed gps does not prompt like most apps if gps is not set to always on. I will take a look this evening.
    Dude. Maybe Sprint should hire you to fix the 1.4.5 update. You've thrown out 5 updates in a week it seems. Wish they'd get their act together like you obviously do.

Great job man.
    i have a patch that was created to turn on gps when sprintnav or google maps is started it would be nice if you could modify that patch to work the same way with this program. If you need me to email you the patch I will or I will find the thread and post it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    i have a patch that was created to turn on gps when sprintnav or google maps is started it would be nice if you could modify that patch to work the same way with this program. If you need me to email you the patch I will or I will find the thread and post it here.
    Maybe the patch is simple enough that we can edit it with a text editor.
    I also have a workaround to make BFGMaps the default app check out the patch request for it.
    if you have location services turned off it will now prompt you to turn it on the the session like other GPS apps do. :-)

also I just pushed another GPS related item, that fixes when you drag the map and search it should not search only by your marker, so you don't have to turn off gps to search another area. I also removed the GPS button as all GPS functionality is handled automatically now.
    Last edited by kernelsandirs; 07/26/2010 at 12:14 AM. Reason: mis read quote
    I've been trying to update the app to v1.0.19 but to no avail. When I get the notification that the app updated the progress bar says "Installing..." and the app never actually updated. I've already Luna Restarted and uninstalled/reinstalled the app but I still experience the same bug.
    I've been trying to update the app to v1.0.19 but to no avail. When I get the notification that the app updated the progress bar says "Installing..." and the app never actually updated. I've already Luna Restarted and uninstalled/reinstalled the app but I still experience the same bug.
    strange, it took a while before the update came through for me, but worked just fine, I downgraded to 1.0.18 just to be sure, and it upgraded ok, anyway I will most likely release 1.0.20 this evening and maybe it will drop kick that sucker back into gear :-).
    The app updated fine when I got home and used wifi.
    Update on Streetview Controls, apparently the following keyboard shortcuts work

Thanks to a tip from Goyena

Grey/Orange key + A Move Forward
    Grey/Orange key + Y Move Backward

Grey/Orange key + P Zoom-In
    Grey/Orange key + W Zoom-In

Grey/Orange key + S Zoom-Out
    Grey/Orange key + , Zoom-Out

Grey/Orange key + L Pan-Right

I mashed all the keys on my pixi and did not find a Pan-Left that worked

Awesome tip mirotvoryets thanks again.
    I find it hard to remember and use these shortcuts. Is there a way you can make double tap to move forward or backwards instead of zooming.
    I'm still experiencing a bug with v1.0.19. I have data on but GPS off. When I open the app the google logo, zoom icons, and app icons load but no map image. There is a never ending spinning circle on top of the Jump To Me icon. The app doesn't automatically turn on the GPS radio for me.

Is all of this considered a bug?

Update: After I turn on GPS the map image shows but there is a chuck of the map that is showing a completely different map. And when I press the Jump to Me icon it doesn't show my location. Then the map randomly changes to cities around my location.
    possibly a bug but I am unable to duplicate that issue as desribed :-( I have gps off in my location services preferences, when I start 1.0.19, do you get a prompt to turn on gps for this session?
    which provider are you on?
    I will try another idea I have for tomorrow to try and make sure gps turns on.in 1.0.20 (wasnt able to get it out the door tonight)
    after the last update this app works great for me. Thank you for all your hardwork, time, and effort. a coworker has a droid and he is always showing off their version of google maps now i have something that can compete. lol
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    possibly a bug but I am unable to duplicate that issue as desribed :-( I have gps off in my location services preferences, when I start 1.0.19, do you get a prompt to turn on gps for this session?
    which provider are you on?
    I will try another idea I have for tomorrow to try and make sure gps turns on.in 1.0.20 (wasnt able to get it out the door tonight)
    I do not get a prompt to turn on GPS even thoug I'm running BFGMaps v1.0.19. I am on Sprint.
    I do not get a prompt to turn on GPS even thoug I'm running BFGMaps v1.0.19. I am on Sprint.
    Is GPS working at all for you in BFGmaps? The prompt does not happen each time you open BFGmaps or any other app that prompts for GPS it says for the session, however I don't know what the timeout is on that.
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast