Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    The keys were already part of street view but I will add change them to make more sense soon. Yes the house icon is only in normal map.
    Awesome. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd prefer just a single click on the gesture area to navigate forward. Panning left and right on the display works well for me, it's just going forwards that's a pain. If you can split the gesture area, maybe one half could be forwards and the other backwards...

I agree that control-A is far too cumbersome to be an enjoyable navigation experience, but I will say that using the buttons has resulted in NONE of the phone-crashing issues I've experienced by tapping the screen... which at this point is approaching 100% crash at 4-5 clicks through. Must be my 102 kernel or something. The buttons *seem* to be rock solid by comparison. Also, it's much faster. If that function can be moved to the gesture area so I'm not wearing out my buttons, I'd say it's about time for another donation.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Bravo Tim.

I've just donate a few dollars for the excellent work you have been doing lately and to motivate you to do even more
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    double post
    Last edited by phil71; 07/23/2010 at 03:29 AM.
    Really nice start. Get search implemented, and bye-bye crappy google maps app!! Thanks for working on this!
    : (){:|:&};:
    Oops Justin pointed out that I broke the directions button late last night, as well as the to/from options on the house marker, were opposite :-)

Fixed now in 1.0.16, update is available now.
    There seems to be a bug now that I didn't seem to notice in previous versions, where if I go to an address with GPS on, and then switch to street view once I'm there, it shows it for a split second and then jumps back to street view at my current GPS location. I found I had to turn GPS back off in order to use street view at the address I had up on the screen.. Don't recall having to do this before, maybe you changed the functionality..
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    any chance to add auto gps on/off to this app so gps turns on when u open app and turns off when u close it
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    There seems to be a bug now that I didn't seem to notice in previous versions, where if I go to an address with GPS on, and then switch to street view once I'm there, it shows it for a split second and then jumps back to street view at my current GPS location. I found I had to turn GPS back off in order to use street view at the address I had up on the screen.. Don't recall having to do this before, maybe you changed the functionality..
    have you updated to 1.0.16, I thought I fixed that early this morning :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    any chance to add auto gps on/off to this app so gps turns on when u open app and turns off when u close it
    it should come on when the app opens now, but on cleanup I can add GPS off, I thought this was implicit I will add it to cleanup anyway :-)
    Initial Local search should be in this evening! :-)
    have you updated to 1.0.16, I thought I fixed that early this morning :-)
    Yep I updated it this morning and ran into that problem twice now.. hmm..
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Yep I updated it this morning and ran into that problem twice now.. hmm..
    just got to test again and yes I also see the problem, I should have it taken care of with this evening's release as well as local search capabilities.
    all i can say is wow, and thank you
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    1.0.17 Local Search!!!!

Added local search, its fairly basic on the results page but you can Call the business, get directions to/from! I like

Please check for and report any bugs with the local search features.
    I greatly appreciate all the feedback and bug reports, thank you guys so much for helping make an app that I am having so much fun working on.

Clearly I am a geek!!!
    OK since this(to me) is such a big release, I need to make sure my focus on the next release is beneficial to as many people as possible, so I am wondering what features/changes make the most sense to you, not just what you personally want but what you think besides you what is most important.

(Hope I didn't put that in a way that you don't think, that I don't think your personal needs are not important) :-)

(YES I know the markers are UGLY right now, I will try and make some nicer ones soon, anyone out there an artist?, I am, but more a cartoony artist, notice my profile pic :-) )
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Directions done properly is definitely the most important thing to work on I think, especially overlaying the route on the map.

Until directions are added, as amazing as this app is, it'll always lag behind the native Maps app in that way.

Address search could also do with some work. Just now, it only seems to provide one result per query and seems to return very strange results, for me at least. For example, I'm in the outskirts of London in the UK and whenever I search for surrounding local streets, I usually get roads in the USA, or in other parts of Britain at least. When I make the same query in the native Google Maps app, I get the correct local result in the UK. Does BGFMaps have some sort of US logic bias in the code which is causing screwy results for us Brits?
    Also, BGFMaps doesn't seem to allow searching for the same thing twice in a row. And has no feedback when no results are found. And if multiple results are found, there doesn't seem to be a way to pick which one is appropriate.
    I can't get Local Search to work either. I assume you just enter, for example, "Pizza Hut," in the Address Search box, but whenever I do, nothing happens...

On the subject of Address Search, I think the text field which pops up when clicking the Address Search icon should auto-focus. It's annoying having to press the icon then click on the text box to be able to start entering text.

Also, I think working on the UI a bit would be beneficial, as you said. The icons and colour scheme aren't ideal just now and it might get more cluttered as more features are added.
    How do you get to the local search page.
    (YES I know the markers are UGLY right now, I will try and make some nicer ones soon, anyone out there an artist?, I am, but more a cartoony artist, notice my profile pic :-) )
    I'd go with what you know. There are many artistically gifted people on this Forum, but you are clearly one of them. How about a "cartoony" version with your own style graphics?
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    How do you get to the local search page.
    it is not currently on a separate page just the same field for address search at the moment, just realize it still says search for address :-( I need to make an advanced search page still. Not sure if it get results properly for UK or not, currently not actually using googles ajax search api for local results.
    I typed an address in but didn't see Added local search, its fairly basic on the results page but you can Call the business, get directions to/from!
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast