Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Gonna go Downtown and meet the Palm Summer Tour people and show off BFGmaps on my animated Pre.

TTYL
    Awesome, I love those animated launchers and chat icons I saw you posted, very cool
    Update on Streetview Controls, apparently the following keyboard shortcuts work

Thanks to a tip from Goyena

Grey/Orange key + A Move Forward
    Grey/Orange key + Y Move Backward

Grey/Orange key + P Zoom-In
    Grey/Orange key + W Zoom-In

Grey/Orange key + S Zoom-Out
    Grey/Orange key + , Zoom-Out

Grey/Orange key + L Pan-Right

I mashed all the keys on my pixi and did not find a Pan-Left that worked

Awesome tip mirotvoryets thanks again.
    Last edited by kernelsandirs; 07/22/2010 at 06:55 PM.
    one feature I want back is when you open the app it should automatically begin to locate you. This was happening before but not now. Also will the speed of the app be improved, I'm talking when you use your finger to drag to another location or to zoom in, it seems sluggish.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    one feature I want back is when you open the app it should automatically begin to locate you. This was happening before but not now. Also will the speed of the app be improved, I'm talking when you use your finger to drag to another location or to zoom in, it seems sluggish.
    The locate at startup was changed to open to the last location you had the map open to, but I will add a preference to choose to auto locate your position at startup all the time or only use last location.
    How accurate is the GPS locator for everyone so far? I've noticed everytime I hit GPS, it puts me off by nearly half a mile at some random place. I know our GPS is capable of being more accurate because Google Maps and Sprint Navigation, Jog Stats all are dead on, although they may take longer to get their accurate signal. Could this app be trying to locate itself too fast and being less accurate?
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    How accurate is the GPS locator for everyone so far? I've noticed everytime I hit GPS, it puts me off by nearly half a mile at some random place. I know our GPS is capable of being more accurate because Google Maps and Sprint Navigation, Jog Stats all are dead on, although they may take longer to get their accurate signal. Could this app be trying to locate itself too fast and being less accurate?
    I noticed that my GPS was off too, so I went into sprint navigation and then out of it and then my GPS was rock on in both BFGMaps and GoogleMaps....

Just a thought.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Well according to Palm's own documentation for Accuracy an accuracy setting of 1 which is what I am using is the best and it is 100 mt or less
    So I am using the most accurate setting these phones have available to them
    I do not try and get GPS any faster than any other app that enables the GPS, the reason the default google maps takes so long initially is that the entire app is actually not stored on the phone and has to download each time for use. I have not idea why anyone would see more accurate results from any other app, unless the app has access to the aGPS(Assisted GPS, adds location from cell towers as well), and I am not even sure Sprint has aGPS, from my understanding aGPS is not available to developers as well on providers that even have it.

Accuracy or precision of the location fix as follows:
    * 1: High (100 mt or less)
    * 2 (default): Medium (350 mt or less)
    * 3: Low
    1.0.14 is out now
    changes include, reorganized icons a bit
    Added Jump to Current GPS, (dragging away no longer snaps back) there is a button to jump back
    heading is being tracked but not yet displayed(might make streetview display proper heading but have not tested yet)
    Backlight(untested as well) should stay on only when snapped to current GPS location.

Enjoy the new hotness :-)
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    1.0.14 is out now
    changes include, reorganized icons a bit
    Added Jump to Current GPS, (dragging away no longer snaps back) there is a button to jump back
    heading is being tracked but not yet displayed(might make streetview display proper heading but have not tested yet)
    Backlight(untested as well) should stay on only when snapped to current GPS location.

Enjoy the new hotness :-)
    Already updated. The new features are working so far! Btw, I finally discovered the tiny donate button and threw a few dollars your way.
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Already updated. The new features are working so far! Btw, I finally discovered the tiny donate button and threw a few dollars your way.
    Just added that button late last night :-) I did not want it to stand out or look like a giant ad or too close to any buttons, not trying to be a nag about it :-)

Thank you so much for your support I greatly appreciate it!!!!
    Looks like the backlight feature works good, I will add a preference to turn this feature on/off but it will default to on, so while you are driving and lock on to gps the screen will not go black :-)
    Just getting better and better with every update! Thanks for your response on the GPS signal. A feature I think would be a nice addition would be some sort of marker over the address when you jump to an address. Currently, it is zoomed well out and often hard to find the actual address you typed in on the map. Some sort of blue circle even like the GPS locator gives over the address location would be sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    Awesome, I love those animated launchers and chat icons I saw you posted, very cool
    Thanks,
    I'm back my trip involved Ghostbusters, Angelina Jolie, post-apocalyptic bikini babes on stilts, and ended with free apps from Palm...not too shabby...

Downloading latest update now.
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Great app! Much better than Google Maps, and it's still only beta! Used it for the first time on the drive home, but I noticed that it stopped tracking my position when I called home for about 10 minutes. After that, I had to close the card, open VZNavigator, and then BFGMaps got my position and tracked along just fine. Is this a known issue with others? So far, this is the only problem I've had with the app.

Mark
    I like the buttons for zoom in/out, but they are pretty big (i think)... i would like maybe a small circle - + in the corners? something like that. visually those stand out to me too much... my opinion, anyways.

However, awesome job! Amazing app... Google Maps is horribly slow for me and you've made this MUCH faster
    I just updated and took a quick look at the street view function. It looks amazing but there were a couple things that made it hard to navigate.
    1. There doesn't appear to be a way to move down the street (equivalent of double-clicking), double-tapping just zooms the image.
    2. The yellow direction arrows seem to be messed up, appearing too far to the side of the screen, sometimes even off of the image. Tapping them did not move my location.
    3. After searching an address, then minimizing the buttons, the address text box remained across the center of the screen.

Hopes this helps.
    1.0.15 is out now

* Added a little house icon to map on address search result
    * tap icon brings up popup for directions to or from

* reorganized icons
    * tap move map no longer snaps back to gps location
    * tap jump to me icon to snap back to gps location
    * backlight stays on when jump to me is turned on(only when locked on)
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    I just updated and took a quick look at the street view function. It looks amazing but there were a couple things that made it hard to navigate.
    1. There doesn't appear to be a way to move down the street (equivalent of double-clicking), double-tapping just zooms the image.
    2. The yellow direction arrows seem to be messed up, appearing too far to the side of the screen, sometimes even off of the image. Tapping them did not move my location.
    3. After searching an address, then minimizing the buttons, the address text box remained across the center of the screen.

Hopes this helps.
    answer to number 1 for right now is keyboard shortcuts
    Thanks to a tip from Goyena

Grey/Orange key + A Move Forward
    Grey/Orange key + Y Move Backward

Grey/Orange key + P Zoom-In
    Grey/Orange key + W Zoom-In

Grey/Orange key + S Zoom-Out
    Grey/Orange key + , Zoom-Out

Grey/Orange key + L Pan-Right

number 2 we all see the same crazy floating around yellow lines, I haven't yet looked into disabling them or fixing them yet.

number 3 I know I left the search box open wasn't sure if it was best to leave it, hide it, or move it down to the bottom, so I left it open for now, I'll fix this.
    I updated but I don't see the little house anywhere.

Edit: House is not shown in streetview. Nice features keep up the good work.

Hot keys work is there any way to map it to the Gesture area?

Orange Key + A is too close Gesture and keys would be great!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I updated but I don't see the little house anywhere.

Edit: House is not shown in streetview. Nice features keep up the good work.

Hot keys work is there any way to map it to the Gesture area?

Orange Key + A is too close Gesture and keys would be great!!
    The keys were already part of street view but I will add change them to make more sense soon. Yes the house icon is only in normal map.
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast