Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post

Tim, thanks again for a feature I've long wished was part of the factory tool kit. It sounds like a stunning oversight on Palm's part to not include this. And here I always thought it was Google being tight. Get that donate button going, you'll get some clicks for sure. keep up the good work, I can't wait to see where this goes. (spoken directions using TeleNav voice? Nah, that's crazy.)
    My guess is that this isn't an oversight by Palm - they may have been courting the carriers, who wanted to disable anything but their own navigation programs, or perhaps Google created the original app, and had obvious reasons to cripple it.

This could be the kind of feature that is out there, and people are unaware of it, and have to be given clues (Ares demo, etc.) before they are aware of its existence.

In any case, I love this App! I want to see it pre-installed, on their tablet, in place of Google Maps.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Question... I know that Android has a App that uses the Camera to show you what is in the area. Is this something that can be done with this too?
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    ^^Not yet....we don't have a camera API. However we have been promised one.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Feature Request:
    +1 on toggle the approximate address box. (gets my house wrong anyways)
    also
    Send StreetView Screen Capture to email / sms / facebook / foursquare / buzz etc...

That way even if I'm not at a location I can send a picture of it....

Is it Better, Faster google maps like as in bionic (we can make him better, faster)?
    or
    what?
    Last edited by Mannyman; 07/20/2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: added a question...
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    I left a news tip with preCentral, webosroundup, and engadget.

This is awesome.

I don't think laziness was the issue with Google, more like: "do no evil unless it lessens the shine of our android"

Hopefully once HP /Palm improves market-share, Google will have to step up and look like they are not purposefully trying to leave webOS out in the cold...
    Hey thanks a ton,
    I went to bed last night, and all was calm, then I got up, got stuck in traffic for 3 hours(the 5 S at the 210 was nuts, normally a 35min drive) sat down to work and my inbox exploded :-)

Saw the post on precentral.net front page and webosroundup totally made my day, was completely unexpected.

Glad to hear from so many people, I certainly love what I am doing, sadly I write code for my real job, then I get home and I write more code for fun. Lucky for me I married a woman who enjoys being married to a geek :-)
    Nice app.
    First install didn't take but the second one did.
    Only thing I would add is satellite view as for me looking at the map view isn't fun.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Just so you know, street view has crashed my phone 3 of the last 5 uses. In each case it was navigating forward. It would lock up or stall, I'd get impatient and tap it some more, then boom! black screen o' death.

I have a sprint pre running 1.4.1.1, overclocked to 800mhz using F102, I think. The one with screenstate and Govnah.

Keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by slydog43 View Post
    cant figure out how to get street view working. I click on new york city and zoom in and then try on clicking on road icon. What am I missing.

If it just shows up blank, Either google does not have an image for that location or there is some kind of lag gathering the image tiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    Just so you know, street view has crashed my phone 3 of the last 5 uses. In each case it was navigating forward. It would lock up or stall, I'd get impatient and tap it some more, then boom! black screen o' death.

I have a sprint pre running 1.4.1.1, overclocked to 800mhz using F102, I think. The one with screenstate and Govnah.

Keep up the great work!
    Might be pushing the device a bit hard :-) I have not yet have a crash on a pixi with Uberkernel govnah at 32MB Compache

Anyone else have a crash in streetview? are you overclocked?
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    Might be pushing the device a bit hard :-) I have not yet have a crash on a pixi with Uberkernel govnah at 32MB Compache

Anyone else have a crash in streetview? are you overclocked?
    I've crashed once in streetview. Using Uberkernel and Govnah. Didn't try it again.
    Looking great so far... a world better than the default Google Maps App for WebOS.

Looking forward to future updates.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    1.0.10 up in the catalog now, includes address search for street view, new zoom buttons, and removed auto follow stuff for now, as well as removed address box in street view for the moment.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    This is a great app!!!! Thx a lot!!

I agree with others to add satellite view, but I assume that's on the todo list. Address search in map view is probably also planned already, I'd like that more than a search option in streetview..

I don't know whether this is supported yet or not. I can not walk/navigate through streetview. I can only zoom. The typical navigation lines are at the extreme left of the screen and unusable.

It only crashed once on me in Streetview sofar (compcach 800 Mhz/32 MB).
    Address search in street view works. In the previous versions the arrows were available and would let you click the arrows to go in either direction. I vote for the arrows to come back. I also would vote for a toggle switch for the address box if possible. The next request is just aesthetics. but with the removal of follow me it has that missing space can you move the other icons over to remove the space? The default CA on start up appears to be fixed now. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    nice update with 1.0.1.
    street view page is much cleaner now, with scroll buttons and address bar gone. I do wish there was a way toggle the address view.

not sure how I feel about + - buttons. They certainly are more usable now at that size. And more precise than pinch zoom,which still feels a little exaggerated. Would still like option of totally clean screen (for those purty screenshots.)

address search is cool! Can it be available in map view,too?

traffic button feels redundant since it's also in layers.

directions works well. Can it display total length of trip? Option to email or MMS directions?

rendering of street view page seems way way faster, near instantaneous. Maybe that's just my connection this morning, but it's really quite amazing. Navigation,while still a little pokey,seems greatly improved as well. Actually getting quite workable. Until...

... Street view still crashes my phone, nearly 100% of the time, after 4 or 5 navigations. (800mhz OC)

thanks for everything, each update just gets better.
    New zoom buttons are nice. Street view does not crash my phone, never has (I'm not overclocking).

How hard would it be to add the business labels to the maps? Perhaps you have turned this off during development? I'm talking about the business that show up in the last few zoom layers on the built in map application.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    My phone has also crashed (rebooted) while in street View. I will attempt to generate steps to reproduce my Issue.
    Hey guys, yeah I will be adding the address box back in but styled smaller and with toggle, I am also going to add my own Nav controls for moving up and down a street etc.. the ones built in are somewhat broken when displayed on webos for some reason.

Search is coming soon on the normal app as well.

The zoom controls are built into the API and called with NavigationControlStyle.ANDROID I thought they looked ok, I tried a small button with a pop-up/zoom level but did not seem as elegant, but I should be able to add some kind of zoom control type toggle.
    Nice

Here's a screenshot for those who have not downloaded...
    Last edited by Mannyman; 07/21/2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: label
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    So no Donate button?

Should we just purchase Boxalicious Xtra in lieu of donation?

Boxalicious Xtra is a SECURE cloud storage application interface for Box.net. Box.net offers 1GB of FREE cloud storage, as well as larger premium accounts. Current features include: Manage Files and Folders, Stream Audio, Create Playlists, View Images, and Upload or Download Files. Future versions may include: Slide-shows, Recursively Play-All, View Web Documents, File Sharing, Social features, and so much more. 1.1.12 fixes Bluetooth Audio Playback
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast