Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Just a suggestion sometimes you can zoom in too far and it is hard to come back out maybe a quick zoom out button. Hey I pulled up my house too cool!!
    How about a popup menu where you can pick the zoom level you want.
    I am trying to keep the interface free of any icons but maybe an invisible tap in the lower left corner to open the zoom popup, or a very light transparent icon

I have a pixi so real estate is a major issue
    Quote Originally Posted by rodgiddens View Post
    Tim your drawing does look like a street. STBXXL was referring to a bag icon located in the lower right corner once the App. catalog is opened.
    haha, my bad I am reading some things too fast I guess
    That would work for me and like someone else mentioned hotkeys Gesture +S for streetview etc..
    will the little man and house view come back? Any plans on adding satellite imagery I figured I would ask just because. I loaded up Google maps on the desktop and you are cooking with gas with this app.
    Little man is out, it does not work on the phone dragging him is almost impossible I can add it in the prefs to turn on if folks might want it though.

You said house view I might not understand what is being referred to here?

I removed the satellite and other views temporarily, but will add them as a pop-up menu in the main and lower drawer for easy access.
    I am fine with little man gone I couldn't get him to work earlier though. I guess the street view is the house view I was trying to remember one of the custodians for the district was showing off his google maps and maybe it was the street view but I thought he typed in an address and it showed the house. hmmm let me check

Edit it was the street view so disregard house view comment.
    I am fine with little man gone I couldn't get him to work earlier though. I guess the street view is the house view I was trying to remember one of the custodians for the district was showing off his google maps and maybe it was the street view but I thought he typed in an address and it showed the house. hmmm let me check

I am adding an address search to streetview so you can pull up a house(so long as the google folks drove by and got a snapshot :-))
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    Google provides the street view as part of the google maps API, it is available on iPhone,Windows Mobile, Android, Blackberry etc... whom ever developed the webOS version was either lazy, or found it is kinda resource intensive and left it out. I feel like it should be in there and I will let the user decide whether they want to use it or not. entry 9.1 of the terms of service at Google Maps/Google Earth APIs Terms of Service - Google Maps API Family - Google Code has a good explanation of what is required in order to provide the maps app I have brought you so far.
    Anyway no worries, it's all good ;-)
    * Double thumbs up on terms of service. Actually, I am awe-struck. If what you say is true, it's just incredible it would be left out of the official app as an act of laziness. Nearly unbelievable oversight. But, if you're free to operate with Google's API's, you're my freakin' hero.
    * +1 on transit and bus routes.
    * +1 on the donate button. Find some other threads where the dev has a donate button in the first post. Edit yours to do the same. I'm sure many of us would be happy to throw a few dollars your way for just getting this far.
    * The "follow me" feature isn't personally very important. Nice idea, can't think of it's usefullness. if it's difficult to get working, I wouldn't cry if it went away.
    * I previously suggested preference settings for various onscreen displays. I still maintain the four-way arrow button is redundant. But for the rest of the onscreen data, here's a simpler way. Configure a keyboard button to toggle all on-screen data. This would be address, window shade, street view toggle button, and whatever else you come up with. All on or all off.

For some of those asking for direction indicators, that's a good call, but there's one thing... most of you know this already so I apologize, but just so there's no confusion... there's no magnetometer in Pre/Pixi. Sadly. No augmented reality for this phone. Or even a decent compass. It's possible for google streetview to tell you which way your view is facing, but not which way your phone is facing. I know, you know.

Tim, thanks again for a feature I've long wished was part of the factory tool kit. It sounds like a stunning oversight on Palm's part to not include this. And here I always thought it was Google being tight. Get that donate button going, you'll get some clicks for sure. keep up the good work, I can't wait to see where this goes. (spoken directions using TeleNav voice? Nah, that's crazy.)
    Last edited by neve; 07/20/2010 at 12:29 AM.
    there is a service that can be called that allows the speaking in Preware called speech dispatcher that allows the program to add voice commands. Navit is currently using but Rod has said anyone can use the service to add the speech function.
    there is a service that can be called that allows the speaking in Preware called speech dispatcher that allows the program to add voice commands. Navit is currently using but Rod has said anyone can use the service to add the speech function.
    That would be too cool!!!
    I just made a new google group as mamouton had suggested, I will give it a shot and see if I can keep it up to date etc.

BFGMaps | Google Groups
    Just joined and left a bug report.
    come to think about it your popup at the bottom is similiar to google map's pop up in the middle of the screen yours allow you to still use the map. Cool!!
    I left a news tip with preCentral, webosroundup, Palm News Daily and engadget.

This is awesome.

I don't think laziness was the issue with Google, more like: "do no evil unless it lessens the shine of our android"

Hopefully once HP /Palm improves market-share, Google will have to step up and look like they are not purposefully trying to leave webOS out in the cold...
    Last edited by Mannyman; 07/20/2010 at 05:48 PM. Reason: typos
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Great work!!
    I never thought I can use street view this year. I thought I've to wait Google to update Google Maps with street view in decades.

Thanks, this is great. Love it so far.

My one request that I haven't seen mentioned: be able to so select current map center as start or destination when searching for directions. I can't fathom why Google didn't implement this in the "native" app, it would be so easy. I used this feature all the time on my WinMO phone while traveling -- I'd scroll ahead on the highway and look for a town and then map to there from my current location to see how far away it was.
    Great app!!! Allow shortcuts by using our physical keyboard. On the Google Maps for Palm OS device such as Treos/Centros, you could use keyboard shortcuts. One key would turn on traffic, one would zoom in and out, etc. Great job! Your app makes Google look like idiots with their so called Google Maps for webOS...
    cant figure out how to get street view working. I click on new york city and zoom in and then try on clicking on road icon. What am I missing.
    Front page attention....well done sir!

http://www.precentral.net/bfgmaps-be...nctional-webos
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Just a small bug report. When you go landscape view, the titles for the two right icons show up in the middle of the control panel, not by the icons. This has some great potential.
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast