Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Congratulations for Best Location-Based/GPS App of 2010 well deserved!

Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    what's different from google maps?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxinghrr View Post
    what's different from google maps?
    Streetview for starters! Try and do that in Google Maps on webos :P
    Both beta and App Catalog versions have been giving me problems. First, the icons at the bottom sometimes don't show up, resulting in no way of opening the drawer. Second, searching a city or state only brings up close results, not the actual city/state. Please fix these problems.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Under preferences there are setting for default applicaitons. For Addresses my options are Google Maps and AT&T Navigator.

Is there anyway to get BFGMaps added to the pull down menu?

Not at this time, or at least not without some kind of patch to force BFG Maps as an option :-( Maybe in webos 2.0 they will let developers add their apps as default options.
    Hi,

There is a small app from metaview that is able to add new apps to the default app list without a patch. He think this technic could be used for BFG Maps to.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...al-search.html
    L\'Haut-Parleur WebOS: register your own app as file handler
    L\'Haut-Parleur An app to register another app for a certain file type…

What do you think?
    I expect you can not include it as it is a closed api call, but can you give us the right parameter to add BFG Maps to the selection with metaviews tool?

HaPe
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

I get different results for local searches. The attached screenshots show the results from Goole Maps and BFGmaps for "Pizza" and "Bank". In Goole Maps I get a lot of results, in BFGmaps only one.
    Is that a bug or works as designing?

HaPe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It seems no-one has brought this up in this thread but BFG Maps (1.0.84)causes my Pre2 running webOS 2.01 to crash and reboot every time I run it. It seems to run OK for about 12 seconds before crashing but the crashing is consistent. It would be really good to have a webOS-2 compatible version of BFG maps...
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGP View Post
    It seems no-one has brought this up in this thread but BFG Maps (1.0.84)causes my Pre2 running webOS 2.01 to crash and reboot every time I run it. It seems to run OK for about 12 seconds before crashing but the crashing is consistent. It would be really good to have a webOS-2 compatible version of BFG maps...
    It has been discussed outside this thread (twitter mostly) with Peeps from Palm as well. It looks like a bug with webOS2.0 (memory issue). It hasn't been stated AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $where$ $exactly$ $the$ $problem$ $lies$...
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Any updates for 2.x?
    Another to confirm all this app does is quickly crash/luna restart in webOS 2.1. Please update a fix for us all. Thanks!
    I emailed the dev he doesn't have a Pre2 yet and he told me he was assured that BFG maps works but I can confirm it doesn't work for me either.
    it actually does load fine on my sprint pre- running 2.1 however there are some map rendering issues.
    Wonder if the dev knows he can get a free Pre2? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Another to confirm all this app does is quickly crash/luna restart in webOS 2.1. Please update a fix for us all. Thanks!
    Same for me in my Pre 2...
    I hope some dev will take and fix, was one of the best app for webOS...
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Torakiki76 View Post
    Same for me in my Pre 2...
    I hope some dev will take and fix, was one of the best app for webOS...
    BFG Maps is now working for me on a Pre2 and webOs 2.1
    The trick was to wait until the advertisements at the button was loaded successfully one time.

HaPe
    Working here, on my original GSM Pre on webOS 2.1. Well, almost. It's very slow, even if I'm on Wi-Fi. Some GUI elements are very difficult to use due to its size. Not the best scenario for somebody in a hurry for quick testing an awarded app.

Somehow I put it in fullscreenmode unadvertedly, so no menus at all, adding to my confusion. Sometimes I also see map tiles are wrong.

Overall, I'd have to do more tests, as I see that the only plus is the street view, which for me is not important at all to find directions, at least compared to actually having a map, and being able to pan and zoom as needed. I'm surprised at it working so badly in my phone, obviously it behaves much better in others.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    BFG Maps is now working for me on a Pre2 and webOs 2.1
    The trick was to wait until the advertisements at the button was loaded successfully one time.

HaPe
    I have a Pre 2 with webOS 2.1 and for me still is not working, the app start but after some seconds when the gps fix my position the phone reboot it self....
    What you mean about advertisements at the button? if you mean the donate advertisements from the developer i dont have in my version because i donate and the banner disappear....

what i miss is street view...
    I did apply for the free Pre2 for developers, I have still not heard back from them, although @Adora did reply to me in a tweet that HP/Palm were waiting on a shipment of devices to ship to developers.

Not yet sure what that means for me, the problem I am having is I cannot test the app, as it never seems to crash the emulator

I really want to fix this issue for you and I have already begun an Enyo version, that uses other map sources as well which speeds things up.

The enyo version will have slide drawers to show map/street view/directions/etc...

If anyone has pull over at HP/Palm let em' know I am still interested in developing webOS Apps if they are ok with investing a device in me. :-)

PS I have an android device but my heart is still in development for webOS.
    Can someone with 2.x test 1.0.85 I just pushed tried a few changes to see if I could fix the issue without a 2,x device in hand, I will update the beta several times over the next few days so if you can tell me if it is working please let me know by email kernelsandirs AT gmail or tweet @kernelsandirs thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    Can someone with 2.x test 1.0.85 I just pushed tried a few changes to see if I could fix the issue without a 2,x device in hand, I will update the beta several times over the next few days so if you can tell me if it is working please let me know by email kernelsandirs AT gmail or tweet @kernelsandirs thanks.
    I'll be glad to test them all out for you and report my results.. The beta update doesn't appear to be available yet, so I'll keep checking.