Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I'll take the massive reply to be that, no, no one in the entire pre-world besides me is having these issues :-). It seems to be better tonight, except street view is just a blank white screen. When I turn the phone sideways, street view suddenly showed up and remained there when I rotated back. Glitch?
    Rgds/Mark M.
    I've noticed, too that lately that the response time has gone way up (the app is much slower). It takes around 2 minutes before I see the map, and sometimes up to 4 minutes before I see traffic. What's up? It used to be quick, which was why I switched to BFGMaps.

Also, zoom control frequently is missing for a long time, and sometimes doesn't appear until I go into preferences, turn it off, then go back into preferences anf turn it back on.

At this rate, it's no better than Google Maps. Tim, what's going on?

Also, Tim, are you planning to fix alt nav? As it is, it's unusable. It puts an annoying shade on the screen, and in landscape mode the arrows are in weird places.

Thanks!
    -Roland
    yeah i agree, it is running slower. that's why i checked on jstop, and bfg uses a lot more ram then maps. not sure if thats why its slower.
    never thought to look at jstop. Good thinking. Although I'm not so sure it's slower than Google Maps, just much slower than it used to be. Of course, it would be hard to compare the memory to earlier releases, since, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$'$s$ $no$ $way$ $to$ $back$ $off$ $a$ $release$.
    I am planning to go back through all of the code and do an overhaul on some of the performance related issues, I am also seeing the missing zoom and sparatic missing gps marker still. I appologize for the delays etc, I will spend some time working out issues soon.

Tim G.
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    I am planning to go back through all of the code and do an overhaul on some of the performance related issues, I am also seeing the missing zoom and sparatic missing gps marker still. I appologize for the delays etc, I will spend some time working out issues soon.

Tim G.
    Your hard work is appreciated, I definitely prefer BFG over Google Maps. Thank you.

Tim G.
    Thanks, Tim!
    Suddenly today, only when I'm connected via EVDO, I can't load maps on my device, with either BFG or Google Maps. Google Maps always gives me the lame "... requires an internet connection" and BFG just presents a blank screen. If I'm connected via Wi-Fi, it's fine.

It's not my internet connection, I'm surfing the web, returning e-mail, etc. on my device.

I did recently add an SSL certificate via device manager for a Wi-Fi connection, not sure if that's related.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by RJKinsman; 11/08/2010 at 08:16 PM.
    i had the same prob with google maps, i opened a browser page and signed into google. google maps started working again just fine. as to bfg maps, both the beta and the other just hangs, will not show routes on the map when you ask for directions, basicly other than the map opening with your position nothing else works. not sure what happened. on the other side, google maps now has latitude, automaticly. dont know what i did lolol
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

Tim G.
    Thanks Tim. You hard work is much appreciated. I've got a neat one I've not hit before related to this. Now, I've got two blue dots located immediately next to each other. I've been rather busy recently and hadn't had much of a chance to test. Maybe I've finally mastered the ability to be in two places at one time??? Sorry, I didn't snag a screenshot.
    Rgds/Mark M.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
    Thanks Tim. You hard work is much appreciated. I've got a neat one I've not hit before related to this. Now, I've got two blue dots located immediately next to each other. I've been rather busy recently and hadn't had much of a chance to test. Maybe I've finally mastered the ability to be in two places at one time??? Sorry, I didn't snag a screenshot.
    I added a bit of quantum physics to make sure you can be in two places at once :-)

This bug still persists in yesterdays beta 1.0.75 but a few other fixes and code cleanup were done, however it is beta and yes I broke a couple things :-( apparently the direction path is no longer drawn :-( and a couple of other small ones, I am going to look into these tonight.

I added a little button in street view to turn on/off the address being shown
    Last edited by kernelsandirs; 11/29/2010 at 07:05 PM.
    dont know what you did to the updaate but sir it works absolutely flawlessly now. its back to being way faster than google maps +10
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Nice work!
    Some suggestions:
    1. Get rid of the zoom-in/out button, you got pinch to zoom already
    2. Larger icons, my fingers are too big for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiukiukiu View Post
    Nice work!
    Some suggestions:
    1. Get rid of the zoom-in/out button, you got pinch to zoom already
    There is a preference to turn off the zoom buttons. I prefer to have them myself - I find it easier in many cases to click a button than pinch to zoom. It also keeps me from accidentally re-centering the map when all I want to do is zoom in or out.

It seems the zoom buttons don't always display though... I have always had the setting turned on, but sometimes they don't turn on until I've been using the app for a bit.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/07/2010 at 08:20 AM.
    Thanks for the tip!
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Can't wait for your implentation of the 3D version...heh heh.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I added this to my AT&T Palm Pre Plus yesterday and was totally disappointed. It's incredibly slow... slower than Google even.
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    sorry if this has been covered. i donated and am just wondering what happens say if you have to dr. can you just use your email again and be all set with the ads? i dont want it to look like i am double dipping or anything.
    thanks
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Works perfevtly for me here in the UK (Goldstraw Lane, Fernwood, Newark), really really good program! Many Thanks

Alex