Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    ya not there.. i have both beta an the app version on the phone.. the beta has it.. not the regular app though
    ps i check for updates every day.. not had one for bfg in a bit though
    Well both the beta and real app version 1.0.67 are identical every byte, so there should be no difference, if you do not have 1.0.67 try updating, if you do try uninstalling and re-installing.
    OK Whats up with "3To2 Maps" saying they are the first and only app to have street view for google maps on WebOS, the guy is using "Pegman" which Barely works at best.

Grrr Arghhh ;-)
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I wonder how the dev of simpletime lite is able to add voice to his app. His app speaks the time on the hour or whenever you click or open the app.
    Probably using sound files. An app that speaks the time would only need a vocabulary of about twenty to thirty words.
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    OK Whats up with "3To2 Maps" saying they are the first and only app to have street view for google maps on WebOS, the guy is using "Pegman" which Barely works at best.

Grrr Arghhh ;-)
    Complain to Palm. Surely they would not condone false claims in their Catalog.
    While I am on the Pegman thing, I got bored so I made a new pegman for BFGMaps, it is not tied to the map widget so it should drag very nicely(unlike the pegman that is part of the widget itself) shows up in 1.0.71 beta

Anyway it works well, but I currently make the pegman jump back to its original position after you drop it.

If pegman finds there are streetview images it will open streetview automatically, if not, pegman goes home and waits for you to try again.

I think I will name him "BFPegman"

:-)
    Last edited by kernelsandirs; 10/18/2010 at 09:03 PM.
    How do I change WebOS so that map requests open BFG and not Google maps?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Bfpegman is awesome. Kudos again. Now this thing is more useful then ever.
    Hmm, I don't know if this is useful, but I have decided I kinda like the big fat round icons from earlier versions. They were a lot easier to see and aim for when you didn't have a lot of time to stare at the screen (a glance at a stoplight, etc). Is there any way to make them an alternative option?
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    How do I change WebOS so that map requests open BFG and not Google maps?
    Under preferences there are setting for default applicaitons. For Addresses my options are Google Maps and AT&T Navigator.

Is there anyway to get BFGMaps added to the pull down menu?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Just shot a donation for this awesome app. Thank you for your developing for my favorite operating system (WEBOS ROCKS!!).

edit: If I made a donation via the online button, how do I get the app to update to remove its donate button??

tx,
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Under preferences there are setting for default applicaitons. For Addresses my options are Google Maps and AT&T Navigator.

Is there anyway to get BFGMaps added to the pull down menu?

Not at this time, or at least not without some kind of patch to force BFG Maps as an option :-( Maybe in webos 2.0 they will let developers add their apps as default options.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpressive View Post
    Just shot a donation for this awesome app. Thank you for your developing for my favorite operating system (WEBOS ROCKS!!).

edit: If I made a donation via the online button, how do I get the app to update to remove its donate button??

tx,
    Once you have donated and I add your email address to the database, You can disable ads by tapping the menu icon in the upper left and scroll down to help, then enter your email address into the field and tap the yellow triangle icon.

Tim G.
    When I attempted to add Latitude to BFG Maps, I received the following error message:
    If see this screen you may need to try the authorization screen again. If it continues to show up try closing BFG Maps and try again.
    I was able to authorize Latitude by restarting BFG Maps and granting access again, however, I wanted to make you aware of the apparent missing word "you" in the message above. I believe it was intended to state, "If you see this screen..."?

Thanks for the awesome app and keep up the good work.
    --Mark
    I've actually been wondering about the app name but have never asked. I can't remember if I've read every single post in this tread or picked it up somewhere in the middle... Is the app name for:

Better "Friendlier" Google Maps?
    Better "Faster" Google Maps?
    Better "another F! Word" Google Maps?
    or something else alltogether!!!
    hey kernel forgive if this is already been discussed but im having an issue with the little blue dot !! its not being very nice and wont even show up to do its jod half the time !! any way to get him back to work ?? lol ltm ltm
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    kernel must be sleeping lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    has anyone ever compared bfgmaps vs plain maps in jstop?
    Looks like bfgmaps uses a lot more ram then regular maps. I know it does a lot more, but sometimes i notice it is slower then regular maps when i have some programs open.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    hey kernel forgive if this is already been discussed but im having an issue with the little blue dot !! its not being very nice and wont even show up to do its jod half the time !! any way to get him back to work ?? lol ltm ltm
    Yeah, I reported something similar earlier in the thread, but it seems to have gotten better on subsequent releases. It does seem BFG is a tad more sensitive to poor GPS signals than Google Maps. A number of times GM will have my blue dot there, but it doesn't want to come out and play in BFG. If I am someplace with a stronger GPS signal, it seems to do fine. (My Google Service location is off and GPS is on).
    Rgds/Mark M.
    I am looking into the missing blue dot issue, I am also seeing it from time to time as well, I hope to have an update within the next day or so.

:-( sorry bout that guys, strangely it doesn't happen all the time, and no errors or warning are being produced when it does happen so I will have to dig a bit more to find it.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I just got 1.0.73 and am having major issues getting it to do anything. It takes a long time to load the initial map view, scrolling goes very fast -- too fast, but then I have to wait to get the maps to load. Even clicking the blue dot to recenter my location is slow. I finally gave up on waiting on street view to load. I tried it again from my office over 3G and had the same issues. Anyone else having issues?

One other question - am I missing an easier way to get to street view? At least 75% of the time when I try to grab the street view guy, the map drags instead. My fingers aren't that large! :-)
    Last edited by mmeltser; 11/02/2010 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Added results from my office to rule out being a wifi issue
    Rgds/Mark M.