Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 727
Like Tree2Likes
  1. stbxxl's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #41  
    UberAppCat (found in the official Palm catalog) can also browse the beta feeds (plus do searches based on time, ratings and exclusion of certain vendors).
  2. #42  
    I can't get street view to pop up I have the icon but I don't see the street view at all
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/19/2010 at 07:51 PM.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I can't get street view to pop up I have the icon but I don't see the street view at all
    I have seen this too, and I think it happens when there is no street view for a particular segment, I also saw it when I hit some network lag, I need to put in a check somehow to tell when there is not resulting image, and either give some kind of warning, or display the last known good image. I think the warning makes more sense since people may think they are looking at something other than they actually are.
  4. #44  
    Oh that makes sense at home my airrave puts me way across town is there anyway to click an area or type in an address an open up street view?
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Oh that makes sense at home my airrave puts me way across town is there anyway to click an area or type in an address an open up street view?
    not yet, currently if you turn off the GPS icon and move the map's center to a point you can kinda get a location you want, but I certainly need to add an address entry for the Street View (Maybe this evening, sorry "Directions" I have been neglecting you for "Street View") :-)

    I also need to add some nav controls for street view as well(Not sure why the built in nav is kinda wacky yet (read as un-usable))
  6. #46  
    Tim your drawing does look like a street. STBXXL was referring to a bag icon located in the lower right corner once the App. catalog is opened.
  7. #47  
    Tim the latest update works great I love the street view and the little box saying where the address is. You trick worked also. Thanks!
  8. #48  
    Absofreaking love it! Great job Tim! Loads fast on my F105 kernel too.

    Just had Luna restart on me randomly though. Not sure if it was the BFGmaps or the kernel. I was playing with streetview at the time.

    Any thoughts?
  9. neve's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
       #49  
    Version 1.09 looks great! Haven't tried the auto-follow yet, but that's a nice looking function.

    Some Street View issues:


    * I don't see any point in the navigation buttons. Moving your point of view around by manipulating the picture directly seems to be sufficient. (And beautiful)
    * I'd like some way of removing the address field. If it had a toggle that would be sweet.
    * The + and - buttons.. pinch zoom instead?
    * If you can remove all of the above, why not the street and windowshade buttons, too? I'd say add a preference option to replace those functions with say, the "S" button and maybe the spacebar or something. It's not too obtrusive, but having a completely clean screen would look really nice.
    * I got a Luna reboot too, in the middle of Street Viewing. Never happens to me.

    Seeing that (c) Google 2010 in the corner gets me thinking... is this going to get you into any hot water with Google? I think it's pretty clear, to me at least, that the only reason Google hasn't included Street View to WebOS is because it presently constitutes an Android advantage. By undermining that artificial advantage, it could be seen as devaluing their flagship mobile experience. I admit I don't know a thing about the legal aspect. Perhaps there's CC or fair use laws protecting your app. I sure hope so, because it's a damned fine app! Restoring functionality the Pre should have had from day 1, and certainly features I'm sure Palm would have liked to include had they been allowed to. I hope you don't catch any flack, because Streetview is one of those features I've been jealous of Android and iPhone for. Thanks for a great app.
  10. R_E
    R_E is offline
    R_E's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #50  
    I've been having freezing and then luna resets using this app and general slowness. Haven't had a reset in 1.0.9. but i do have a comment. I like the street view, but it seems somewhat counter intuitive to have it at you current location. I realize this is early and is more of a tech demo for this feature so I applaud it anyhow.
  11. #51  
    Good to know the Luna reset isn't an isolated issue. This guy seems to be totally on the ball with updates,so I'm sure he'll get it fixed.

    streetview usually lets you tap the arrow and it advances you to that part of the street. Is this functional because it doesn't work for me?
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    Version 1.09 looks great! Haven't tried the auto-follow yet, but that's a nice looking function.

    Some Street View issues:


    * I don't see any point in the navigation buttons. Moving your point of view around by manipulating the picture directly seems to be sufficient. (And beautiful)
    * I'd like some way of removing the address field. If it had a toggle that would be sweet.
    * The + and - buttons.. pinch zoom instead?
    * If you can remove all of the above, why not the street and windowshade buttons, too? I'd say add a preference option to replace those functions with say, the "S" button and maybe the spacebar or something. It's not too obtrusive, but having a completely clean screen would look really nice.
    * I got a Luna reboot too, in the middle of Street Viewing. Never happens to me.

    Seeing that (c) Google 2010 in the corner gets me thinking... is this going to get you into any hot water with Google? I think it's pretty clear, to me at least, that the only reason Google hasn't included Street View to WebOS is because it presently constitutes an Android advantage. By undermining that artificial advantage, it could be seen as devaluing their flagship mobile experience. I admit I don't know a thing about the legal aspect. Perhaps there's CC or fair use laws protecting your app. I sure hope so, because it's a damned fine app! Restoring functionality the Pre should have had from day 1, and certainly features I'm sure Palm would have liked to include had they been allowed to. I hope you don't catch any flack, because Streetview is one of those features I've been jealous of Android and iPhone for. Thanks for a great app.
    Google provides the street view as part of the google maps API, it is available on iPhone,Windows Mobile, Android, Blackberry etc... whom ever developed the webOS version was either lazy, or found it is kinda resource intensive and left it out. I feel like it should be in there and I will let the user decide whether they want to use it or not. entry 9.1 of the terms of service at Google Maps/Google Earth APIs Terms of Service - Google Maps API Family - Google Code has a good explanation of what is required in order to provide the maps app I have brought you so far.

    9.1 Free, Public Accessibility to Your Maps API Implementation. Your Maps API Implementation must be generally accessible to users without charge. You may require users to log in to your Maps API Implementation if you do not require users to pay a fee. Unless you have entered into a separate written agreement with Google or obtained Google's written permission, your Maps API Implementation must not:

    (a) require a fee-based subscription or other fee-based restricted access; or
    (b) operate only behind a firewall or only on an internal network (except during the development and testing phase).
    Anyway no worries, it's all good ;-)
  13. #53  
    well then I think you need a donate button since you won't be able to charge. Within a few days you have stepped up the development on this app. I was one of your first reviewers.
  14. #54  
    so.......GoogleEarth in the near future?
  15. #55  
    will the little man and house view come back? Any plans on adding sattelite imagery I figured I would ask just because. I loaded up google maps on the desktop and you are cooking with gas with this app.
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    Good to know the Luna reset isn't an isolated issue. This guy seems to be totally on the ball with updates,so I'm sure he'll get it fixed.

    streetview usually lets you tap the arrow and it advances you to that part of the street. Is this functional because it doesn't work for me?
    Not sure yet an the Luna reset issue(could be why the native app does not inlclude street view? I hope not but I will look into it, could be a memory leak, time to look at palm-worm)

    As far as streetview arrows for nav etc.. I am working on it so yeah the streetview at your current location is not all that useful, but there are some uses, one user said it would be cool to have the streetview open and pointed in the correct direction when beginning walking directions, I like it too.

    The follow feature by the way I found does not yet work after all ;-( I'll fix it soon, but it may not be very useful for many.

    I also think this one will come up(surprised no one mentioned it yet) keeping the backlight on when GPS tracking is on :-) I will look into it soon.

    Man I am not keeping a list, and really should at this point...
  17. #57  
    Any way to get a direction indicator? I was using it while a passenger and it showed me moving but no directional indicator on which way.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  18. #58  
    Just a suggestion sometimes you can zoom in too far and it is hard to come back out maybe a quick zoom out button. Hey I pulled up my house too cool!!
  19. #59  
    OK I need to put a list together for features I am working on bugs etc.. does anyone have a good site to keep all of this kind of data public? maybe a blogger page or something, The forum is nice to talk about stuff but things get lost in the pages quickly.

  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    Good to know the Luna reset isn't an isolated issue. This guy seems to be totally on the ball with updates,so I'm sure he'll get it fixed.

    streetview usually lets you tap the arrow and it advances you to that part of the street. Is this functional because it doesn't work for me?
    It works for me I think the area to click is pretty small this might be useful with the reduced radius patch.
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions