Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Not sure what the fuss is about.
    Who doesn't like to talk to sexy single girls?

She looks like she really loves BFGMaps :-)
    I would update my own phone but the Fing App catalog just gives the yellow triangle of death PALLLLM!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    How do I change WebOS so that map requests open BFG and not Google maps?
    Has anyone done this?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Many thanks for the updated version 1.0.62 in the beta feed (updated via Preware to work around the current yellow triangle of death issue). No more ads

I just sent another well deserved donation.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Many thanks for the updated version 1.0.62 in the beta feed (updated via Preware to work around the current yellow triangle of death issue). No more ads

I just sent another well deserved donation.

Cheers.
    1.0.63 re-positions the two icons that were floating way up high after ads are gone, but leaves way to much room in the panel(Guess I am going to have to add new features) :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Not sure what the fuss is about.
    Who doesn't like to talk to sexy single girls?

Manny if I got your email correct I added it to the list since you bought boxalicious as donation and helped spread the word like a crazy person :-)
    if it doesn't work(in the beta) email me and I will fix it.
    Just downloaded this. Very cool. Navigation in street view would be nice but I'm sure that's been mentioned already.

I'm not sure how it determines which street to go into SV when you click on the tab. Does it just try and pull up what's closest to the center of the map?
    Quote Originally Posted by GQGeek81 View Post
    Just downloaded this. Very cool. Navigation in street view would be nice but I'm sure that's been mentioned already.

I'm not sure how it determines which street to go into SV when you click on the tab. Does it just try and pull up what's closest to the center of the map?
    Yes it is based on the center of the map at the moment, I am thinking about some way to use tapping a location kinda like the ol' pegman thing google uses(which does not work well in this case) got lots of ideas still many features still to come, speed improvements, and misc coolness :-)
    an optional crosshair might be useful for the time being since you can't yet navigate while in SV, it would help prevent jumping down to the wrong section of street.
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    How do you figure I would get paid if you block them :-)
    Listen guys I hate ads, I really do, for me to eat.. they are, unfortunately a necessary evil in this case, as Google is going to charge me $20,000/yr to license the API in order to sell the app. That said I hope to put in place some way to remove the ads for those that donated. (even the version I run has the ads) :-(
    The adblock patch uses a host file. my understanding is that means the adds aren't removed from the app but routed so i (and my children who are NOT going to talk to sexy single women until they are older) don't have to see them. I don't know how the payment scheme works from your end.

I installe the patch before your app was available in response to those "single women" ads in the yahtzee game app which one might expect a child to play.
    im confused here . i have 2 bfg maps apps ??? one just adds beta . they look the same to me ?? whats the difference?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    She looks like she really loves BFGMaps :-)
    is there any difference between the 2 apps ? Also if I donate like 10 or more can I get a version that does not have the donate add at the bottom maybe ??? Is that even possible?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    is there any difference between the 2 apps ? Also if I donate like 10 or more can I get a version that does not have the donate add at the bottom maybe ??? Is that even possible?
    As of today there is no difference, but the beta is updated more often
    You already donated so you can remove the ads in both by the following:

go to the menu by clicking on the tab at the upper left and tap on help, then enter the email address you used when you donated, the ads and donate ad will be removed (will also clean up the other on I forgot in the panel soon too) :-)

If you do not see the entry field in the non-beta you need to upgrade to the latest version 1.0.63 or greater.

hope this helps Shadavis08 let me know if you need help,
    really it will remove the donate stripe tooooo ...... yessssssss thanks alot !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    yes you may have to open and close the app but it should work, there will be one left in the button panel for now but I will get that sucker too
    so beta is better because the app gets updates faster and more often ?

what botton panel ? the one across the front of the map ? thats the one im hating right now lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    wooooo hoooooo ...... it went away !!!! wooo hooo . im happy now thanks man !!! now i will donate again just because im happy !! thanks man again donation sent !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    No there is a smaller donate button that shows up when you open up the little drawer at the bottom of the screen that has all of the buttons like erase etc... there is still a donate button there at the moment.
    Yeah I never meant to force the Donors to have to put up with ads in the first place and should have had that in place from the get go, so i apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime :-(

Also all that extra space that was left behind is going to be used for new features/buttons that donors will see. Latitude will be returning first. :-)
    its kool man . hey that donate button isnt a bother in there , but if you could make that drawer one line shorter since its so tall with nothing on the bottom line ?? maybe ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη