Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    the ads are worth it for the great app you've given us.
    agreed plus 5
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I have a slightly different opinion about the ads. I fully understand and support that you want to make some well deserved money for this great app. On the other hand I have donated very early in the project to support the development. But I still have to see the ads and the please donate encouragements. This is slightly annoying to be frank.

I wish there would be a away to disable these (for instance with a code one can enter). I'd gladly donate again just to not have to see ads.

Just my 2c.
    ok the first 1.0.60 should hit the app catalog today,

the first beta(since the app cat release) 1.0.61 is already out and includes a battery saving feature when the GPS is not currently locked on, the accuracy, and updates are eased up on, this may also help performance when dragging the map.

Tim G.
    ads are definately not a big deal. you've given us such a great app. It's a shame palm didn't show the same initiative.
    In the beta version there are no ads, only a banner for donations. Also, street view made my phone reboot and the map was sent to the Arctic Ocean when I went into Card View and back into BFGMaps.

Also can you add a link to this thread in the settings (or help) scene?
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ...just saw that BFGMaps hit the App Cat!!

Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    In the beta version there are no ads, only a banner for donations. Also, street view made my phone reboot and the map was sent to the Arctic Ocean when I went into Card View and back into BFGMaps.

Also can you add a link to this thread in the settings (or help) scene?
    These all sound like the same unfixable bugs that existed before :-(
    jumping to arctic is a bug in the webview for webos, and the crashing in streetview well I can't really say it's a bug per se, but 9 times out of 10 this happens if you are overclocking and try streetview :-(
    Congrats to you, KernelSandirs on arriving in the official app catalog! Looks like you've got a huge number of downloaders and reviews already at 5 stars! You have made a great app!
    I am hoping to add some way of removing ads for those of you that donated soon(maybe even an added bonus feature) :-)
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    I am hoping to add some way of removing ads for those of you that donated soon(maybe even an added bonus feature) :-)
    I was going to ask that, but I think the only way is to release a pay version of bfg. My opinion on the matter is palm/hp should just buy your app outright from you and replace the crippled app they gave us with yours. Regardless what happens, what would you suggest as a proper donation for your excellent work?
    Adblock patch takes care of the ads. i assume the developer here still gets paid for them. would be nice if the donate screen would disappear when we donate. very happy when it turned up in the App catalog. Now i can remember what my house looked like before we had all that work done.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    ok i have had this for quite sometime now and in street view when i try and go down the street my phone freezes and reboots any fixes for this
    I will gladly donate whatever I have to to be able to view the map in full screen again without the blue ad/donate bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjcchan View Post
    Adblock patch takes care of the ads. i assume the developer here still gets paid for them. would be nice if the donate screen would disappear when we donate. very happy when it turned up in the App catalog. Now i can remember what my house looked like before we had all that work done.
    How do you figure I would get paid if you block them :-)
    Listen guys I hate ads, I really do, for me to eat.. they are, unfortunately a necessary evil in this case, as Google is going to charge me $20,000/yr to license the API in order to sell the app. That said I hope to put in place some way to remove the ads for those that donated. (even the version I run has the ads) :-(
    How do I change WebOS so that map requests open BFG and not Google maps?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    the only thing I would add is the ability to save the zoom level. I hate the fact that I have to zoom in everytime I open the app.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I will gladly donate whatever I have to to be able to view the map in full screen again without the blue ad/donate bar.
    add me to that list!
    I HATE ADDS ! I WILL GLADLY DONATE !! Please get rid of these donate adds please please.

JUST A SIDE NOTE ... i did already donate !!! BUT WILL AGAIN !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I HATE ADDS ! I WILL GLADLY DONATE !! Please get rid of these donate adds please please.

JUST A SIDE NOTE ... i did already donate !!! BUT WILL AGAIN !!!
    I was gonna say Shadavis08 you already donated :-)

I am trying to look out for you guys, I said hold your Pitchforks and torches for a bit

Anyway 1.0.62 Beta in the Help screen you should find an email entry field if you donated it should remove the ads. (technically if all goes well) :-)

There is still a small issue with the placement of the icons on the map after the ads are gone but I will fix that before I push the app catalog version. this weekend

if you donate today it may take me a little while(read "a few hours") to add it to the database so please be patient, everyone that donated up until today has been added so it should work.
    Not sure what the fuss is about.
    Who doesn't like to talk to sexy single girls?

APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя