Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    is it me, or does this app get updated in the catalog almost every day? what is up with that?

Ps, the text on the buttons is so tiny that I have to use a magnifying glass. that's a real problem for old eyes like mine.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 09/10/2010 at 03:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    is it me, or does this app get updated in the catalog almost every day? what is up with that?

Ps, the text on the buttons is so tiny that I have to use a magnifying glass. that's a real problem for old eyes like mine.
    im old too but can read it fine lol
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

I am trying to slow the releases a bit, and only release when there are several cool changes, but I think full screen was important enough at least for me.

I used to release 2 or 3 in a day(well still happens occasionally on weekends I guess)

I know the labels are too small right now, I apparently gotta really find a way to get a much nicer interface all-around... seems to be the biggest complaint. I can write code to make just about anything work, but apparently interface design is something I need a lot of help with :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    I am trying to slow the releases a bit, and only release when there are several cool changes, but I think full screen was important enough at least for me.

I used to release 2 or 3 in a day(well still happens occasionally on weekends I guess)

I know the labels are too small right now, I apparently gotta really find a way to get a much nicer interface all-around... seems to be the biggest complaint. I can write code to make just about anything work, but apparently interface design is something I need a lot of help with :-(
    FWIW I don't mind the frequent updates, I was just curious because I figured Palm would limit the frequency. No problem.

In terms of text size, I find myself rarely using it because of this so I am glad to hear you are working on it. You have done an amazing job so far.

frankly i am very happy with the app, ya it is a bit hard to read some of the stuff,, and ill be damned if i can figure a way to add to favorites.. lol,,, i think you have done one hell of a job.. latitude would be a damn good plus.. yes i like to keep an eye on my kids.. sides they aint paying for the data plan I AM..
    saying that,, does anyone know what sort of cost running latitude all day long costs?? ie how much data is really sent?? the new full screen thing an the alt nav is sweet.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    kernelsandirs,

I'm wondering if, when entering information for driving directions, you can provide access to the favorites from some kind of a button-> list, for fast entry of the starting point or destination. Maybe a "Favorites" button next to the "History" button?

Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    kernelsandirs,

I'm wondering if, when entering information for driving directions, you can provide access to the favorites from some kind of a button-> list, for fast entry of the starting point or destination. Maybe a "Favorites" button next to the "History" button?

Thanks...

Oh yeah, I meant to add that all along actually :-) just forgot about it is all
    I never wanted to ask, but I have to. HOW do you go into street view in BFGMaps? Searching the forum has revealed that a pegman should appear... but he never ever does, no matter what I do. Has that functionality been taken out? (I understand that it was somewhat glitchy when it did work)

It's a really great project though, and I find myself using BFGMaps much more often than the original GMaps now
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    HOW do you go into street view in BFGMaps?
    On the lower-right, there are always three round buttons. If you're only seeing two buttons, then something is wrong.

From left to right:

The blue-dot locates you on the map and follows your location.

The middle one looks (to me) like one of those sign-posts with arrows you see in rural areas. That one changes to street view.

Whoa, it disappeared while I was typing this and switching back and forth! It came back when I threw off the BFG card and brought it back up. Maybe that's the problem you're seeing (or not seeing, as the case may be). What's going on?

I'm sitting in my dining room, and I suspect what's going on is that street view is not available, so the button disappears when it's not available.

The up-down arrows in the lower-right corner raise and lower the tool-bar.
    Last edited by RJKinsman; 09/12/2010 at 08:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    ...I suspect what's going on is that street view is not available, so the button disappears when it's not available...
    Yes the street view button ONLY appears when the center of the map is on a location that google has a street view image of.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    On the lower-right, there are always three round buttons. If you're only seeing two buttons, then something is wrong.

From left to right:

The blue-dot locates you on the map and follows your location.

The middle one looks (to me) like one of those sign-posts with arrows you see in rural areas. That one changes to street view.

Whoa, it disappeared while I was typing this and switching back and forth! It came back when I threw off the BFG card and brought it back up. Maybe that's the problem you're seeing (or not seeing, as the case may be). What's going on?

I'm sitting in my dining room, and I suspect what's going on is that street view is not available, so the button disappears when it's not available.

The up-down arrows in the lower-right corner raise and lower the tool-bar.
    I'm not seeing three round buttons in the lower right corner. I have BFG Maps v1.0.54. I have the blue button and the up/down arrows.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I'm not seeing three round buttons in the lower right corner. I have BFG Maps v1.0.54. I have the blue button and the up/down arrows.
    This is what you should see if there are no street view images for the current location centered on the map.

Try Opening the Controls at the bottom tap on "Search" and type "Los Angeles, CA" you should see a third icon at the bottom appear, if not try dragging the map around MA a bit I am sure it will show up rather quickly there. :-)
    This is what you should see if there are no street view images for the current location centered on the map.

Try Opening the Controls at the bottom tap on "Search" and type "Los Angeles, CA" you should see a third icon at the bottom appear, if not try dragging the map around MA a bit I am sure it will show up rather quickly there. :-)
    Thanks, I've made a donation now. I'll have to become more adapt with street view from my phone, but this is what I've been waiting for.

BTW, your app w/ neato is pretty awesome too. I wish neato opened up BFG Maps instead of the built in Google, but I simply paste the address over. When I become adapt on the phone app and what I'm looking for, I'll probably just open my contacts on the phone and paste over. Thanks again for this app.
    Does anyone have $22,700 I can borrow?
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Can't say I do. Why? Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    Can't say I do. Why? Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
    I would say good if you had $ to loan me :-)
    Work on BFGMaps has stalled, due to the release of Angry Birds on Pixi :-)

Just kidding, new hotness coming soon.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Work on BFGMaps has stalled, due to the release of Angry Birds on Pixi :-)
    Absolutely understandable. Get back to us after you've got 3 stars on all levels!
    Not sure if it makes a huge difference for those of you here, but I pushed BFGMaps to the app catalog for review today, I will start releasing a "BFG Maps Beta" and "BFG Maps" that is in the app catalog the beta will always have the latest stuff, but possibly more bugs of course, I hope the interface in the app catalog and future releases is a bit better for those that have had issues with it, I will continue to work on the UI but for now I kinda like the changes.

One big change and this may irritate some, and others may not find it too disturbing, the ads that I have placed in the app are also included at the bottom of the main map now :-( I was only getting a couple bucks a week so I figure we'll see how this change, and its intro to the app catalog affect it.

I will try and make it so the Beta versions do not have the ads on the main page if the app catalog version suffices.

OK Enough for now, (save your pitchforks and torches) let's see what happens once Palm OKs.
    The ads are worth it for the great app you've given us.