Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    check the Web OS 2.0 screenshot of google maps.
    Looks all Chinese or something. Just kidding, I'm sure there's an English version.

What's your point? This is a thread about BFGMaps. Besides, a screenshot doesn't tell me how quickly it launches, or what features it includes, or how it works.

I'll be sticking with BFGMaps until further notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    Looks all Chinese or something. Just kidding, I'm sure there's an English version.

What's your point? This is a thread about BFGMaps. Besides, a screenshot doesn't tell me how quickly it launches, or what features it includes, or how it works.

I'll be sticking with BFGMaps until further notice.
    Hey man just pointing out something is coming which may help BGF maps get even better
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I was sad to see the new version disabled latitude. I love it and used it. When you say google api doesnt allow to show other friends, do you know if "google latitude assistant" and "people finder" use this method. because seeing your friends on lat assitant is fine. i use it all the time to find my biking friends especially when they dont answer their phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    I was sad to see the new version disabled latitude. I love it and used it. When you say google api doesnt allow to show other friends, do you know if "google latitude assistant" and "people finder" use this method. because seeing your friends on lat assitant is fine. i use it all the time to find my biking friends especially when they dont answer their phone.
    Not sure how People Finder are getting away with selling it it seems to me they are just doing the same thing the latitude assistant does which is basically tricking the map app into thinking it's an android or iphone native app, but the allowed API the Google has does not allow a developer to access friend location data, a nefarious developer would hijack this info and post it to a database that is accessible to all, not just those that were allowed to view these locations. So since the built in app which i think both "People Finder" and "Latitude Assistant" utilize the locations are not exposed to the evil doers and the world remains a safer(read boring) place :-)
    any plans to put even the minimal amount of latitude code back in? i know you had concerns about using someone else's code, but i think it was useful and im sure others agree. thanks for the app and the hard work. cant wait for more features.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    any plans to put even the minimal amount of latitude code back in? i know you had concerns about using someone else's code, but i think it was useful and im sure others agree. thanks for the app and the hard work. cant wait for more features.
    I am looking at my code from my Netphlix app, it uses OAuth as does latitude I guess I just had some issue with how I was building the headers, I will get back to it here, I know I said I should drop it but it has been chewing at the back of my brain, I could put it back in right now if I knew how to make sure to appease Christophl87's license but since I don't have open source, nor do I have documentation, I am not sure how to meet the license requirements.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Hey man just pointing out something is coming which may help BGF maps get even better
    OK, cool. That makes sense.
    OK, cool. That makes sense.
    haha but what does it mean? :-)
    while i purchased christophers app, and it works well i might add, i would prefer to have it all in one. BFG works for me, i am in sales and it would be great if i could link up with other sales ppe from other offices.. BFG gets me to an from diff clients across southern ont.. I know you have limitations imposed on you from Google, I would hope one day that gets worked out or someone like yourself could find a work around. thanks again for all your good work.. it is appreciated.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    it would be great if i could link up with other sales ppe from other offices..
    Assuming you're referring to latitude support...

It must be a generational thing. I'm a young baby-boomer (born in 1963). If I want to link up with someone, I just call or text. I don't need to see their location on a map, and I don't care to let others see my location on a map. But, to each his own!
    Assuming you're referring to latitude support...

It must be a generational thing. I'm a young baby-boomer (born in 1963). If I want to link up with someone, I just call or text. I don't need to see their location on a map, and I don't care to let others see my location on a map. But, to each his own!
    heheh,,, im an older boomer 1958.. and yes, it is handy, kids, wife, fellow sales pple and so on.... is it imperative,, heck no.. but it is nice.. seeing as my wife BB has it, by stepson and step daughter iphones have it.. so would be nice if could as well.. mind ya.. the wife wouldnt know where i was at all the time either lolol ohh an the guys i hunt with.. most even older then me,, all have it on BB and Iphones,, handy in the bush lolol
    I haven't been in this thread in a while so I'm not sure about common bugs, but today when I "pinched" (actually spread) to zoom, the map view was sent to the middle of the Arctic Ocean!
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    You know, something similar has been happening to me. I just assume that it has thrown me a few miles off into the Pacific (I live in Southern California) but perhaps I'm also being flung into the Arctic. I always get impatient and hit the blue locate-me button, but next time it happens I'll use the zoom buttons to see where I've been recentered.
    Quote Originally Posted by xForsaken View Post
    heheh,,, im an older boomer 1958.. and yes, it is handy, kids, wife, fellow sales pple and so on.... is it imperative,, heck no.. but it is nice.. seeing as my wife BB has it, by stepson and step daughter iphones have it.. so would be nice if could as well.. mind ya.. the wife wouldnt know where i was at all the time either lolol ohh an the guys i hunt with.. most even older then me,, all have it on BB and Iphones,, handy in the bush lolol
    Well, I stand corrected, not a "generational-thing" at all! Well, maybe it's something I would like if I got used to it.

OK, Tim, I change my "vote." I say full-steam ahead with latitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    You know, something similar has been happening to me. I just assume that it has thrown me a few miles off into the Pacific (I live in Southern California) but perhaps I'm also being flung into the Arctic. I always get impatient and hit the blue locate-me button, but next time it happens I'll use the zoom buttons to see where I've been recentered.
    I am also in So Cal and last week I wished I could jump to the Arctic :-) this week is nice though kinda rainy actually. I have seen this myself once or twice so I certainly won't say it doesn't happen but I think it's something with something lower than the app :-( I am going to look into handling flicks in the future which may help this and make it a bit more like the native app when it comes to flicking the map and having it slowly come to a stop etc.
    I just bought Neato! the other day and have been using mode switcher, and since I use a pixi these apps run with a small icon at the bottom of the screen taking up space on the already incredibly compact screen, so I added full screen mode in today's release, you can turn it of in the settings(adds an icon at the upper left to get to the menu when in full screen mode)
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I like the fullscreen. A few suggestions:

•Transparent upper left icon when in fullscreen mode

•Tap-and-hold to go in and out of fullscreen

Thanks
    On my recent coast to coast drive the following would have been ideal:
    1) To be able to highlight (select) and copy any text in the app.
    or better yet
    2) To be able to send via sms/email any highlighted text.
    3) the option to send favorites or search results.
    3) Sending current location would also eliminate the need to open other apps...

PS. Sent you another PM

Thanks,
    Manny
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Now must hide google maps app and would love to replace it totally with BFGmaps.
    Sprint Pre - Starfighter Kernel
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    I am also in So Cal and last week I wished I could jump to the Arctic :-) this week is nice though kinda rainy actually. I have seen this myself once or twice so I certainly won't say it doesn't happen but I think it's something with something lower than the app :-( I am going to look into handling flicks in the future which may help this and make it a bit more like the native app when it comes to flicking the map and having it slowly come to a stop etc.
    southern ontario here, was planning a trip to my home town on the west coast of BC, tadddaaaa the bearing sea.. lol not a biggy..