Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Well, I will make an effort to click an ad or two daily
    Hey Tim,
    Maybe you can work with christophl87, he seems to have the Latitude nut cracked.
    Latitude Updater
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I'm experiencing an odd behavior in the last few updates. I'm no longer getting a blue "I am here" dot on the map even if I hit the blue button. It does not center the map, it does not show me where I am, etc. This started around the time of the new look and feel. Google Maps and other GPS apps seem to know where I am, just not BFGM. Any thoughts?
    Rgds/Mark M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Hey Tim,
    Maybe you can work with christophl87, he seems to have the Latitude nut cracked.
    Latitude Updater
    Strangely he is using the same OAuthSimple jsjsjs $from$ $netflix$ $that$ $I$ $was$ $using$ $as$ $well$ $as$ $the$ $code$ $from$ $the$ $latitude$ $launcher$ $code$ :-(

I will give it another shot maybe I just missed something very basic.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
    I'm experiencing an odd behavior in the last few updates. I'm no longer getting a blue "I am here" dot on the map even if I hit the blue button. It does not center the map, it does not show me where I am, etc. This started around the time of the new look and feel. Google Maps and other GPS apps seem to know where I am, just not BFGM. Any thoughts?
    Strange, nothing at all has changed in regards to handling GPS, or the marker, so there should be no difference at all. the only changes recently have been pretty much just new icons, and colors. oh and favorites.

Have you recently added any patches that may affect GPS usage?
    Latitude!

OK I added initial latitude support, it currently only updates your location to the current GPS position, but I will update it so you can choose GPS, Type Address, Or Tap Location.

Also I will show your friends etc.

But for not it only updates location but does not show anything, I wwill continue working for another hour or so before I need sleep so if I get markers in I will release it later, otherwise it may wait until tomorrow night.
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    Latitude!

OK I added initial latitude support, it currently only updates your location to the current GPS position, but I will update it so you can choose GPS, Type Address, Or Tap Location.

Also I will show your friends etc.

But for not it only updates location but does not show anything, I wwill continue working for another hour or so before I need sleep so if I get markers in I will release it later, otherwise it may wait until tomorrow night.
    I gotta say,, you are one hell of a trooper.. thanks very much..i will click on the ads as well.. an on more thing.. dont neglect your other half.. they may get ****y with you spending all this time on this project.. but believe me i do appreciate it very much..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Great work as usual! Just wanted to throw in that if possible it would be good to have ways to turn this stuff off. Especially if you build in the constant live updating of location that Google supports since it can drain power pretty quickly!
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Great work as usual! Just wanted to throw in that if possible it would be good to have ways to turn this stuff off. Especially if you build in the constant live updating of location that Google supports since it can drain power pretty quickly!
    Yes latitude will have an option to remove altogether(well hide and not use it)
    things like the labels will have a hide option as well.

when I get all the preferences done you should be able to disable or hide anything that deals with layers, labels, features etc. so if you like to use the map as a very basic tool then it should be the only thing that loads, if you like to really kill the battery and processor then you will be able to do that as well :-)

I am going to be updating the code that handles the GPS updates soon so it will request GPS location updates a lot less often if you are not currently viewing your marker, right now it updates every second even if you are not following your position marker, if I back that off when you are not locked to the marker this should improve battery usage, as well as panning/zooming etc...

Tim G.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Strange, nothing at all has changed in regards to handling GPS, or the marker, so there should be no difference at all. the only changes recently have been pretty much just new icons, and colors. oh and favorites.

Have you recently added any patches that may affect GPS usage?
    No, nothing at all. I use GPS Fix to keep my GPS alive. It seems to work fine in Google Maps. I just tried the latest release with no change. BFG does not show me the dot nor center on my location anymore.
    Rgds/Mark M.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
    No, nothing at all. I use GPS Fix to keep my GPS alive. It seems to work fine in Google Maps. I just tried the latest release with no change. BFG does not show me the dot nor center on my location anymore.
    Dang I can't seem to recreate the issue on my phone, or on the emulator, usually the only people that have similar issues have a patch or something that is conflicting. :-(

if you have google maps open and BFG Maps open does it work then?
    Well scratch being able to add much more in the way of google latitude, the API only allows you to update your own location, or see your past locations, but does not allow you to access your friends locations, so I can't add their locations on the dang map.

Well I do see why though.. if the API allowed for this then people could(read would) post via the API the locations of everyone into some other nefarious web page for all stalkers to have a field day with :-(
    Well scratch being able to add much more in the way of google latitude, the API only allows you to update your own location, or see your past locations, but does not allow you to access your friends locations, so I can't add their locations on the dang map.

Well I do see why though.. if the API allowed for this then people could(read would) post via the API the locations of everyone into some other nefarious web page for all stalkers to have a field day with :-(
    thanks for everything you have already done it is an awesome app and very fast next to google maps !!! lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I'm finding that the app opens much faster than Google Maps, but scrolling is less responsive. Is this normal?

Also, are the "favorites" supposed to be synced with Google Maps favorites? If so, how do I log in?
    Hi,

i've to say that i am very sad that you have simply copied code from my app (http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...titude-updater) while violating it's license and make it sound like you have done the work.

I've spend a lot of time in getting latitude and especially oauth to work. And i don't like the idea that shortly after having published my app so. else copies it and claims that he has done this. It's no fun developing apps when they get copied shortly after.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Dang I can't seem to recreate the issue on my phone, or on the emulator, usually the only people that have similar issues have a patch or something that is conflicting. :-(

if you have google maps open and BFG Maps open does it work then?
    I tried opening Google maps first, second, ... with no luck. I tried rebooting with no luck. Finally, today I uninstalled, re-installed followed by re-booting, and jumped up and down 3 times, and my blue dot is back! Now, that's see if it hangs around. Thanks for trying to re-create. Time will tell if it was just being flukey. (technical term)
    Rgds/Mark M.
    Quote Originally Posted by sck18 View Post
    I'm finding that the app opens much faster than Google Maps, but scrolling is less responsive. Is this normal?

Also, are the "favorites" supposed to be synced with Google Maps favorites? If so, how do I log in?
    Favorites are not synced with Google maps, but now that OAuth is working for me I will look into it, as well as the "My Maps" feature

Yes spanning/zooming is slower at the moment, I am going to look into optimizing this a bit, things like GPS updates I will pause when your finger touches the screen which should give the CPU a bit more breathing room, we'll see if it helps much. I will try working on that part tonight, as I think performance needs some serious attention.

Tim G.
    Quote Originally Posted by christophl87 View Post
    Hi,

i've to say that i am very sad that you have simply copied code from my app (http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...titude-updater) while violating it's license and make it sound like you have done the work.

I've spend a lot of time in getting latitude and especially oauth to work. And i don't like the idea that shortly after having published my app so. else copies it and claims that he has done this. It's no fun developing apps when they get copied shortly after.
    @christophl87, was not trying to steal your code and claim it as my own, I apologize if that is what it seems, you have provided an Open Source project that I was hoping to utilize "Open" parts of in order to solve the OAuth issue I was having, it appears you are using OAuthSimple as I have used several times in the past as well, I have had Latitude on my list of features for a very long time so it is certainly not something where I was trying to steal your thunder, just trying to provide a full featured app. In any case I have removed latitude from my app until you and I can either come to an agreement or I create my own implementation. I apologize if I offended you by utilizing anything that may have been your parts accessing OAuthSimple or other.

I do respect your work, and license and was working to get a working implementation of latitude while my app is still in beta. but I am not currently sure what parts outside of the OAuthSimple.jsjsjs $and$ $the$ $Patch$ $by$ $xanthinealkaloid$ $that$ $was$ $yours$ $that$ $I$ $may$ $have$ $included$, $again$ $I$ $apologize$, $and$ $if$ $you$ $choose$ $to$ $I$'$d$ $would$ $certainly$ $like$ $to$ $talk$ $about$ $how$ $we$ $could$ $help$ $each$ $other$.
    Last edited by kernelsandirs; 09/03/2010 at 02:28 PM.
    I don't think you have anything to apologize for. It was no secret (if you follow the thread) that you used his code (or parts of it or whatever) to solve some of your issues.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    @kernelsandirs: Using the code is no problem, the only thing i demand that you mention in the source code and the documentation that those parts are written by me. if you do this: feel free to copy, use and modify the code.

The the oauth.jsjsjs $was$ $written$ $by$ $Netflix$, $Inc$ $and$ $the$ $file$ $oauth$-$assistant$.$js$ $origins$ $from$ http://github.com/fillito/WebOS-OAuth, but was patched by me in order to work with latitude. Unfortunately the author does not give any license information about his library. I will have to contact him and ask, as well as publishing my patches to the library.
    All other code is written by me and may be used under the terms of the open source license - as i said: feel free to use it

If you have questions, feel free to contact me.

Btw: I don't use OAuthSimple.jsjsjs, $it$ $didn$'$t$ $work$ $for$ $me$ .