Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Sounds logical to me. Once again thank you for this app!

Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    I am currently not spending any time making the GUI look pretty(which seems to be one of the big complaints for some reason) I want to add all the functionality that most people want first, so I just make ugly place holders that work in he meantime. I certainly do not want to make it sound like I don't want a nice GUI, I really do but my time is best spent on the code at the moment.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Good morning. Great progress. I notice when I type an address you have to hold the orange/white key to have it type a number first then double tap again to get it lock. I searched and the little box showed the number 3 I assume that meant three fund but I had no way of pulling up the results. On pre now but will post pic when I login to a desktop.

Yeah the results only show up as pins at the moment so you may have to zoom out or pan to see them currently but yeah I will make a results list as well soon.
    Is there any way to make BFG maps the default app when you tap on someone's address in Contacts?

Mine still brings up Google Maps, which takes a lot longer to load.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    is the app supposed to remember the zoom level? would this be possible?

also was the prompt to turn on gps ever fixed? i need to remind myself every time i use the app to turn on my gps

this app is amazing as i have been following it since it was first released...will donate on next paycheck...
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Is there any way to make BFG maps the default app when you tap on someone's address in Contacts?

Mine still brings up Google Maps, which takes a lot longer to load.
    This needs a patch in order to work, if anyone creates a patch to add BFGMaps as an option to the default apps, or make it the default I will update the patch(if necessary) when new BFGMaps builds are created.

I think there was a post about this in the patch forum but I don't know if there was ever a solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    is the app supposed to remember the zoom level? would this be possible?

also was the prompt to turn on gps ever fixed? i need to remind myself every time i use the app to turn on my gps

this app is amazing as i have been following it since it was first released...will donate on next paycheck...
    Currently it does not remember zoom level, but I will add it, maybe a slider in the prefs to start at whatever zoom level you like or something like that :-)

GPS Prompt works fine, but for some reason a few people have the issue(I tried to also add the same code used in the auto gps patch but it looks like permissions have changed on certain methods it needs to call since 1.4.5).

Can you tell me what patches you have installed that may relate to GPS? are you on Verizon?
    Sorry bout no updates this weekend, I used this weekend for time to learn something new, so I wrote a bit of my first game for WebOS using haXe.

@singmajesty in the Palm dev forums has made amazing progress with haXe on WebOS, the haXe Demo in the app catalog inspired me to write something also, since I am a Flex/Flash developer by trade this is an awesome project.
    Hey all, I am working on changing the interface and colors etc, if you haven't already noticed, so please bear(or is it bare) with me while make it look very inconsistent while I update it :-)

Also you may have noticed I added a few ads to places that are not kept open for long periods of time, as I did not want them to be too obtrusive(so like at bottom of favorites, top of directions, and settings pages)

By the way I HATE ADS, so I am trying keep them out of the way best I can, but I have found relying on donations isn't enough to buy food,gas etc..
    I am going to spend time fixing them so they are even smaller(you might notice they tile at the moment so I should be able to shrink them a bit more)

Please visit some of the ads as it will certainly help me eat next month :-)
    I like the work, starting to look very polished and the ads don't bother me much. (even if they did, do what you gotta do to get paid).

Functional request: not sure how you describe it, but the button that locks the map on your gps location. Any time you zoom in or out, it also unlocks (ie. stops following you), i then have to press the button again to have it refollow. Normally not an issue, but its dangerous enough zooming in and out while driving, then pressing that button again only doubles this (though I must say, the new bigger button helps).

Thanks again for your work, app gets better every day (literally).
    I love the new buttons. Andy maybe I am just a bit dense, but I couldn't find ads anywhere. Just checked preware and it says I have the most recent version....
    Thanks for this app.

A suggestion to put the focus in the Search window when someone clicks search

Gx
    I like the new look, but I still can't figure out how to save bookmarks. Am I missing something? Also, for some reason there are places where I know there is street view available, but the icon goes away.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    Also you may have noticed I added a few ads to places that are not kept open for long periods of time, as I did not want them to be too obtrusive(so like at bottom of favorites, top of directions, and settings pages)
    Would you consider an ad free version for donating users?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Would you consider an ad free version for donating users?

I tried to keep the ads out of the main parts of the app(Map and street view) they show up in the favorites, directions, and prefs screens. I do agree it doesn't seem fair to have to see ads in your face if you donated, I'd like to do something about that I am just not sure yet the best way to handle it, I have said in the past I may keep a version in beta(app free) and an ad supported version in the main app catalog, most people would then have the ad supported version but those that followed this app through beta could still get the ad free version. We'll see still trying to hash things out.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I like the new look, but I still can't figure out how to save bookmarks. Am I missing something? Also, for some reason there are places where I know there is street view available, but the icon goes away.

Currently the bookmarks only work from searching for an address using the search from the control panel at the bottom, I will most likely fix this tonight so any marker you click on will have the option.
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    I love the new buttons. Andy maybe I am just a bit dense, but I couldn't find ads anywhere. Just checked preware and it says I have the most recent version....
    Do you really want to see the ads?

they only show up in favorites, directions, and prefs
    but the ad company seems to be not so good at sending them I am seeing about a 50% fill rate which means half of all ad requests are being thrown on the floor by the ad company... Oh well less ads to have to see I guess.

Yeah, I saw the ads later that day when getting directions. I think you placement is good and it completely unobtrusive. How does ad payment work anyway? Do you get paid on a per click basis, or do you get paid for an ad just being displayed?
    App seems to be getting better and better. Love the street view and being able to move around in it. Thanks so much, and thanx for turning me on to Haxe.
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    Yeah, I saw the ads later that day when getting directions. I think you placement is good and it completely unobtrusive. How does ad payment work anyway? Do you get paid on a per click basis, or do you get paid for an ad just being displayed?
    It is based on displaying, as well as clicks, clicks pay a lot more, but all-in-all I am not making hardly anything with the ads yet like $0.25/day if it does not improve it is useless to keep them(of course I don't know how many people updated to a version with ads yet)