Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 727
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #381  
    my streetview is broken too. But one question how do we save a favorite?
  2. #382  
    sorry guys I will fix the streetview stuff tomorrow(I Hope) basically it does a check and if it comes back with ZERO,RESULTS it jumps back to the map, I am not sure why google is responding with no results when you guys say there was. Sorry will fix quickly.

    as far as favorites go, I forgot to add it to the local results, so right now you have to search an address with the search within the controls box then click the little house icon and choose add to favorites.(i need to make this function much better) :-)
  3. #383  
    damn my cable modem is down and I can't seem to get freetether to work on my windows 7 machine, guess I will have to try and update tomorrow morning(if my isp gets it together) :-(
  4. #384  
    I'm on 1.0.40. I wanted to type in an address beginning with a number to locate. When I start typing, even when I hit the option key to enter in the number, for the 1st character that shows up at the top in the search string, the letter (not the number) actually shows up. This only happens for the 1st character, the others are ok (I also tried putting in a space as the 1st character then the 2nd one still had the issue).

    Not sure if others are experiencing this. Otherwise, lovin the application.

    Thanks...
  5. #385  
    I can report having the same issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by liketreo View Post
    I'm on 1.0.40. I wanted to type in an address beginning with a number to locate. When I start typing, even when I hit the option key to enter in the number, for the 1st character that shows up at the top in the search string, the letter (not the number) actually shows up. This only happens for the 1st character, the others are ok (I also tried putting in a space as the 1st character then the 2nd one still had the issue).

    Not sure if others are experiencing this. Otherwise, lovin the application.

    Thanks...
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  6. #386  
    i know there are growing pains,, this is one damn fine app.. once you get it all up an running it will replace my other stuff.. keep going on the good work .. lol cable company.. mine almost doubled my monthly bill.. soooo i went dsl..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
  7. #387  
    Hi,
    Is there any way to have the program remember that it had the traffic layer loaded previously, and therefore whenever the program starts, it already has the traffic option started by default? I tend to use this program to check traffic conditions while driving, and it's hard to open the program and then start messing around with the buttons to bring up traffic. With regular google maps, it remembers if you wanted traffic the last time the program ran, and continues to load traffic by default when restarted; this way i just open google maps and it shows traffic for my area right away (of course, google's version takes forever to load, unlike yours!).

    Love your program; thanks much for your hard work!
  8. #388  
    Quote Originally Posted by ecrecr View Post
    Hi,
    Is there any way to have the program remember that it had the traffic layer loaded previously, and therefore whenever the program starts, it already has the traffic option started by default? I tend to use this program to check traffic conditions while driving, and it's hard to open the program and then start messing around with the buttons to bring up traffic. With regular google maps, it remembers if you wanted traffic the last time the program ran, and continues to load traffic by default when restarted; this way i just open google maps and it shows traffic for my area right away (of course, google's version takes forever to load, unlike yours!).

    Love your program; thanks much for your hard work!
    Yes I will add it to the preferences to start with Traffic on, I just did not want layers to be on by default, takes a bit longer, but traffic makes sense, I personally use it every morning, and after work for the same reason, so yes will be in next release. thanks,

    Tim G.
  9. #389  
    looks like street view is fixed with the latest update, but one of the nav buttons doesn't work, the rotation and nav buttons still need a little adjustment it seems..

    sj
  10. #390  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    looks like street view is fixed with the latest update, but one of the nav buttons doesn't work, the rotation and nav buttons still need a little adjustment it seems..

    sj
    Yeah the dang arrow buttons are not updating as fast as the data coming through so I need to fix the listeners also the images keep getting truncated for some reason :-( I am working ot it :-)
  11. #391  
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    Yes I will add it to the preferences to start with Traffic on, I just did not want layers to be on by default, takes a bit longer, but traffic makes sense, I personally use it every morning, and after work for the same reason, so yes will be in next release. thanks,

    Tim G.
    Thanks! I'll use it, too! Looking forward to it.
  12. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #392  
    hey kernel! love the updates, and have a suggestion...

    when viewing directions on the map, and after tapping a "blue circle", in the pop-up window, how about adding "forward: and "back: buttons, that would go to the next, (or previous), "blue circle", moving the map to re-focus the map on that "blue circle". this would mimic the way Google maps works, and it seems there is enough room in the pop-up to fit to arrows or buttons....

    clear as "mud"? ;-) ...do-able? ...hard?

    thanks for a great, must-have app!
  13. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by ecrecr View Post
    Hi,
    Is there any way to have the program remember that it had the traffic layer loaded previously, and therefore whenever the program starts, it already has the traffic option started by default? I tend to use this program to check traffic conditions while driving, and it's hard to open the program and then start messing around with the buttons to bring up traffic. With regular google maps, it remembers if you wanted traffic the last time the program ran, and continues to load traffic by default when restarted; this way i just open google maps and it shows traffic for my area right away (of course, google's version takes forever to load, unlike yours!).

    Love your program; thanks much for your hard work!
    It would be great if BFGM could have an option to "remember" all settings/layers that were on when the app was closed. I always select the hybrid map view and traffic layer as soon as the app loads.... ;-)
  14. #394  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    It would be great if BFGM could have an option to "remember" all settings/layers that were on when the app was closed. I always select the hybrid map view and traffic layer as soon as the app loads.... ;-)

    OK I think the preference I will add will be "Remember Visible Layers on Close(Re-Open These on Start)"
  15. #395  
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    Yes I will add it to the preferences to start with Traffic on, I just did not want layers to be on by default, takes a bit longer, but traffic makes sense, I personally use it every morning, and after work for the same reason, so yes will be in next release. thanks,

    Tim G.
    thanks very much; your responsiveness to suggestions is unbelievable! Thanks for your program!
  16. #396  
    I Have a question for you guys;

    If I make the version I post as final to the app catalog free but with a small ad, but keep the version in Beta completely ad free would that offend or disappoint anyone here? the two versions would be identical other than one would have ads in it, and those that know how to pull it from the beta catalog would have it ad free.

    Trying to gather some ideas on how I can make some money to eat :-)
    I do receive some donations and I greatly thank those people, but certainly not a survivable amount by any means. so the purposed ad version would be out there but those that donated would not get screwed by the ads and could still use the same version ad free.

    If anyone has other suggestions please let me know, I want to be fair and still make a few dollars to eat etc... :-)
  17. #397  
    My vote would be - charge me for the app cat version and put adds in the beta.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  18. #398  
    i'll gladly pay for it even though I've donated to you already if I can use bfg maps with the iphone patch installed without the need for the extra buttons lol ltm lol !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  19. #399  
    I think the issue with charging for it would be my use of Googles APIs and their licensing seems to suggest I can place ads but cannot charge for the app because I need to keep the app free and open to all users while using their API unless I pay like $10,000/year (NOT!)

    I guess I can email Google and ask, I don't like ads I never look at them and most people won't as well, but if I can get paid by the impression it could be useful, if google is cool they will let me charge a buck or even 50 cents would generate enough to make it successful(financially speaking)

    my goal with the app is not to make a ton of money, I really like doing this, but would like to make at least enough to buy a Pre, since this pixi standard I have bites not being able to play any good games :-(
  20. #400  
    ok then don't do that lol wow 10,000 that's a rip.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions