Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Mine drags smooth as well. I have the GPSFix and the stand alone GPS tweak and all is working well. Do the rest of you have this same configuration? I also have some other GPS/Location services apps (Where, Yelp, Weather apps) and have not had an problem with them. BTW, the stand alone GPS tweak is sweet and smooth for a Sprint Pre.
    Todd
    Centro/PRE-Sprint
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Just an update of sorts....pinch and zoom work just fine.....just no dragging no matter how slowly i move my finger.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    After looking at scrolling speeds in BFGmaps side by side with Google Maps, YPMobile and Sprint Nav, I think I know what the issue is.
    BFGmaps, while fast, seems to only scroll as fast as it can pull data down. You can't scroll down the road a ways and wait for the map to fill in the grey area. This could also be remedied somewhat by having BFGMaps cache a larger chunk of the map to scroll around in.
    YPmobile and sprint nav have choppy scrolling as well compared to Google Maps, but I think their respective servers (Bing and Telenav) are just plain slower to load than Google's.
    HP Touchpad: I just cant quit you, baby.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I cant drag the Map at all not even a mm...both wifi and evdo
    Quote Originally Posted by Maturin View Post
    After looking at scrolling speeds in BFGmaps side by side with Google Maps, YPMobile and Sprint Nav, I think I know what the issue is.
    BFGmaps, while fast, seems to only scroll as fast as it can pull data down. You can't scroll down the road a ways and wait for the map to fill in the grey area. This could also be remedied somewhat by having BFGMaps cache a larger chunk of the map to scroll around in.
    I don't think this is the issue (at least not for me). When I zoom out it shows that there was a larger map already cached before it renders the new zoom level. But even if I move my finger as slow as can be with full wifi I get no movement of the map at all. Pinch in/out and all other touch functions work, just no panning.

I have a number of patches on my phone. I doubt they are the issue, but I was planning on hitting it with webOS doctor in the near future. When I do, I will install this app before anything else to see if there is some other conflict causing the problem.
    So I was just playing with street view and when I hit the icon to turn it on I was dumped into the Google ToS Agreement. Apparently your icons for street view and show/hide are right on top of their ToS link on the map. I don't remember seeing this before, but they may get a little annoyed that you have covered it up...

EDIT: There is also a link for "Map Data" (also covered up) that I about 90% sure wasn't there when I noticed the ToS link 20 minutes ago....

EDIT2: Just looked at some old screen shots of the program. The links have been there all along. Still, you might want to do something so you aren't blocking them.
    Last edited by zane9000; 08/11/2010 at 01:03 AM.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    something annoying I just realized about bfgmaps atleast for me. When I search for something I guess it's first searching for what is most relevant and not for what's in my area. For instance I search for casa bonita, which is a mexican restaurant down the road and it take me to some casa bonira in santa ana ca. Is this just me and if not is there anyway to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    For instance I search for casa bonita, which is a mexican restaurant down the road and it take me to some casa bonira in santa ana ca.
    Aww. . . I was hoping it took you to South Park
    I did a webOS doctor and now my map pans without any problems at all. I guess it was one of my patches. I had the iPhone user agent spoof, my guess is that is where the problem was. I will reinstall and find out.

EDIT: OK, Its confirmed (for my phone anyway). If the iPhone user agent spoof is installed the map wont drag. Uninstall it and map dragging comes back. Not an issue for me since I was planning on removing that patch anyway.
    Last edited by zane9000; 08/11/2010 at 01:45 AM.
    @zane9000 woh, I will email a few people that have the pan issue and ask if they also have the iphone user agent patch.

@jwinn35 yeah searxh is still a bit wacky, it is doing two queries one for local and one for address search so it jump if the search is the name of a city or something close, I will break up the search in a way you can tell it you are only searching near the current displayed map center etc...
    BFG will not find me. It loads but never shows the the Blue Dot to show where I am.

Google Map finds m just fine

I'm using the gpsfix program
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Arrrggggghhhhh! I Give up(for now) Google latitude is going to have to wait, I have tried HUNDREDS of ways to get it to work and Google returns Invalid Token EVERY TIME.

I use OAuth for my netphlix app, and a couple other sites, they all just work!!!
    Google on the other hand refuses to let me get an access token no matter what I try.

I even tried using AuthSub, and ClientLogin but Latitude does not work with those, Has anyone here had experience with Google OAuth and would like to share/contribute to BFGMaps? I would love to offer latitude, buzz and other services in BFGMaps, but the last few days have left BFGMaps with no new updates, and one frustrade developer. :-(

Tried OAuthSimple jsjsjs $library$, $as$ $well$ $as$ $one$ $from$ $github$ $that$ $was$ $stated$ $to$ $work$ $specifically$ $with$ $WebOS$... $to$ $no$ $avail$.

Anyway I am moving on, time to look into adding other features, and fixing UI etc... :-)
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Yup Its the Iphone user agent patch...it got reset with 1.45 update and i check BFGMaps just after the update and it worked fine. I MUST use the patch or i cant log into a work site without constant zooming in/out. I will say that google maps does not seem affected by the spoof. Hope ya can fix it if not oh well I cant give up the agent patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    I will say that google maps does not seem affected by the spoof.
    As I recall, initial versions of the patch did effect google maps adversely (although I do not remember the details). Maybe reading the change log for the patch will shed some light on how to fix the problem?
    I examined the patch and I don't see anything specific that keeps it from affecting the webos google maps, but it certainly did have an issue initaially. I pm the patch dev for more info. And I will try and make a work around.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    As I recall, initial versions of the patch did effect google maps adversely (although I do not remember the details). Maybe reading the change log for the patch will shed some light on how to fix the problem?
    Well one of the first versions of the patch actually made the Pre seem nearly 100% iphone in the user agent. then i mucked around with custom user agents and seemed to get "everything" working niceley and sent it over to Clipcarl (he made the patch) and all has been pretty good since then.
    ummm im a total ***** when i comes to this stuff.. but there is a latitude assistant app.. with the whole latitude thing going on.. unless its not allowed wouldnt it just be easy to look at that one and use the same stuff as that dev used to get the latitude thing working?? dunno like i said no idea when it comes to this stuff..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    Added a filterfield at the top of BFGmaps so if you start typing it will search, but I need to fix some things with it like auto closing etc...

latitude:
    I will look at the latitude stuff that I saw in preware but I think the map app already has the authentication built in and uses your already configured google account(s) to gather this info
  19. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Install failed on latest update. Now I can't launch the program! I have successfully installed two other programs from the Palm Beta catalog since experiencing this, so it appears to be an issue with the app, or an issue with app updates. (I don't have any other apps requiring an update, so I can't test that yet.)

webOS 1.4.1.1
    Palm Pre Plus - Verizon

Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: Must have been a temporary issue. Installed fine just now.
    Last edited by GHT; 08/12/2010 at 08:27 PM.
    It looks like at a minimum, google and yahoo results are enabled. This often results in two "pins" on top of each other in the same location on the map when the results are shown.
    I'm wondering if you can set up a preference where we can select any combination of the different search results you are pulling from. For example, I might decide to choose just those from google and uncheck yahoo.

Thanks...