Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    Added Wiki Layer
    Love the Wiki. Didn't know it about it before. Now I'm tapping the W's all over the map. I can imagine this will really come in handy on my next business trip!

I also really like how you show "Y" or "G" for search results. It's cool that you are free from branding restrictions, so you can make a hybrid of Yahoo and Google. Cool.
    Dear Google,
    I do not like OAuth if I get one more invalid token error I am going to start using yahoo! Ok that is way too extreme, but today Google you are not my friend.

so beside this dang invalid token error and my kids not letting me use my own computer initial latitude support may take a few days :-(
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I've been playing with this app for a few releases now....BUT I stil can't move the map around via dragging with finger like in google maps app...any idea when this option will be included or even an onscreen arrow icons would be fine.

otherwise it sure is fast to open maps and gps location seems fast as well.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Kernel -- I'm not a Latitude user, but I do store favorite locations as starred locations in my Google Maps profile which I would guess (???) may need the same auth function. When you done Latituding, do you think you could at some point check out that as a possible way to do the favorites you mentioned earlier in the thread? Seriously appreciate all you are doing to make this an awesome app!!!
    Rgds/Mark M.
    is there any map app or GPS that lets us edit (and save) our own preferred routes? I came back from a trip and took the same route as always; simple, efficient. Of course maps didn't like it but if I was following someone to point B and needed a wayback, plotting my course (recording) and saving the route I actually took would be awfully nifty. When the Pre GPS is on it's really sharp, and could do it, yes?
    how many people are having an issue that they are unable to move the map around? I am completely unable to reproduce the issue on my pixi or in the emulator, these are my only two options for testing. I am confused as to why this would even happen since bfgmaps is just using a standard instance of the google maps api, and if it works on all webos device types, not sure why some would not be able to drag to pan, but I have received 3 or 4 emails about this issue.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Well I for one cant move the map via finger control (obviously considering my previous post ) at least its not just me..

1 many patches etc BUT standard google maps works fine
    2 F105 kernel installed (staying on too...lol)
    3 removed and reinstalled BFGmaps still no drag control.

any other ideas let me know ill test stuff within reason.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    how many people are having an issue that they are unable to move the map around?
    I wouldn't say "unable," but it is less responsive compared to Google Maps. I can move the map around, but it's kind of laggy compared to Google Maps. Let's say I want to drag the blue dot to the top of the screen. In Google Maps, when I touch the screen and drag, the map moves with my finger. In BFG Maps, I drag my finger to the top, and the map itself responds about half a second later. The lagginess seems to diminish after scrolling around for a while.

Also, comparing the two, Google Maps seems to have a bit of the touch screen momentum. What I mean is if you drag the map, it keeps going a bit after you let go.

I'm using Uberkernel and 26 patches.

In my opinion, BFGMaps is so much more superior in so many other ways, this does not bother me at all.

Hope that helps!
    I have no problems dragging to pan on Sprint Pre. However, the issue that still won't fix is that it "locates" me in my previous home. I moved 2 months ago, about 2 miles SW, yet no matter how many times I tap the blue dot, it puts me at my old home. When I'm out, away from home, it find me just find. This is really odd.. could it possibly have something to do with the Airrave?

forgot to mention; yes the same thing occurs in regular GMaps app
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    onscreen arrow icons would be fine.
    I would second the idea of onscreen arrows if they were easy to toggle on and off. I use BFGMaps in my car. I mount my Pre right under my pop-up nav (someday I'll get around to posting a photograph). So in the car, tapping is more efficient than dragging. That's one reason I really like the zoom buttons. Maybe an idea would be a toggle for onscreen controls on and off. The onscreen controls would comprise zoom buttons and some directional arrows for scrolling. In the preferences you could define which controls are included in onscreen controls. Just brainstorming...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    Could it possibly have something to do with the Airrave?

forgot to mention; yes the same thing occurs in regular GMaps app
    Yes, I would definitely call Sprint for help on that.
    I have no problems panning with my finger. However as reported above it's much much less responsive then the regular application. Same goes with pinch-to-zoom.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    I have no problems panning with my finger. However as reported above it's much much less responsive then the regular application. Same goes with pinch-to-zoom.
    Same here...

Also, there's a significant delay in marking my location on the map via GPS dot...and it's not zoomed in to my location like the native app does. Not a deal breaker, but something I got used to with the native app that I kinda prefer.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    I wouldn't say "unable," but it is less responsive compared to Google Maps.
    No problems here, finger moves map just fine. When I open BFGMaps and GMaps and go back and forth, they seem equally responsive (3G and full bars). GMaps has the weird tendency to "snap" the map to an unintended area, but don't have this problem with BFGMaps.

But I have also noticed a delay in "homing" after taping the GPS dot, compared to GMaps.
    arghhh I want to write some code but kid discovered starcraft 2 and it does not run on my old clunker PC. So I have to wait for him to go to bed.
    I can't drag the map either on my sprint pre. For now I am getting by with the keyboard shortcuts (just wish I could pan left...). I am using an "Invisible Shield". People are saying this app is less responsive to touch, I wonder if this is contributing to my problem (although this seems unlikely because I haven't had any other issues).

Great app though, I am very excited to see what the future holds!
    Quote Originally Posted by zane9000 View Post
    I can't drag the map either on my sprint pre. For now I am getting by with the keyboard shortcuts (just wish I could pan left...). I am using an "Invisible Shield". People are saying this app is less responsive to touch, I wonder if this is contributing to my problem (although this seems unlikely because I haven't had any other issues).

Great app though, I am very excited to see what the future holds!
    my pixi still has the original screen protector on it that it shipped with which was never meant to be used as a screen shield, but dragging the map still works flawlessly, so that is very likely nothing to do with this issue. :-(
    No issues here moving the map around in portrait or landscape mode.

I tried all views as well. Cannot reproduce issue either.
    No issues moving around in street view or standard map. Love the new wikipedia layer! Very useful to find out more about where you are.
    how many people are having an issue that they are unable to move the map around? I am completely unable to reproduce the issue on my pixi or in the emulator, these are my only two options for testing. I am confused as to why this would even happen since bfgmaps is just using a standard instance of the google maps api, and if it works on all webos device types, not sure why some would not be able to drag to pan, but I have received 3 or 4 emails about this issue.
    I have had the dragging of the map view occasionally stop working. I think it's happened a few times, but I haven't picked up on a pattern. I may set my phone's log level to info and see if anything shows up in the message log.