Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    I must be mentally challenged. Can someone tell me how to do local searches in the app? I have been using this since first released and love the progress and direction. But I can't figure out local search. If I hit the Addr Search button and type "pizza", I just get thrown back to a map screen....
    I just started using the app yesterday -- and it is just great.

For me, when I type Pizza into the address search, it also dumps to a map screen, but that map screen has numerous blue 'houses' and blue/green 'lollipops' - circles on a small post. I don't know what the difference is.

Tapping individually on these results-layer icons yields a new window with the business address, phone #, and ability to call or get directions to those locations.

If you don't see this, maybe pizza is outlawed in your area?!?! jk
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Unfortunately the later versions of this app are more unstable than previous version. Especially Street View only needs a few seconds to crash Luna
    yea it just restarted my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    well no changes have been made in regards to street view at all, most people that experience the luna restart have been overclocking the phone, by chance are you overclocking?

@goyena I will start looking at my overseas friends issue with search/traffic and hopfully provide search results soon, had a couple days with no time to work on bfgmaps, hopefully tonight I can find some time to get back to work. :-)
    im not overclocking and mine restarted on street view...
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I just started using the app yesterday -- and it is just great.

For me, when I type Pizza into the address search, it also dumps to a map screen, but that map screen has numerous blue 'houses' and blue/green 'lollipops' - circles on a small post. I don't know what the difference is.

Tapping individually on these results-layer icons yields a new window with the business address, phone #, and ability to call or get directions to those locations.

If you don't see this, maybe pizza is outlawed in your area?!?! jk
    Strange. I work in Waltham, MA which has more pizza shops per capita than most anywhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    Strange. I work in Waltham, MA which has more pizza shops per capita than most anywhere else.
    Funny. I'm 8 miles up 128 in Burlington MA and my search yields about 12 shops...

UPDATE: I just searched "Pizza" in Waltham and got 16 results. Not sure what might be happening to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicoled985 View Post
    im not overclocking and mine restarted on street view...

Strange.. I did see you have quite a few posts related to random rebooting, just checking to make sure you believe they are unrelated?
    I am overclocking (1GHz) and have no problem with this app at all so far "knock on wood". Maybe this is the same referencing as the kernel guys say, you either have a Pre that can do it or can not. So maybe people who's phones reboot have the Pre that can not run the 1.2GHz patch. Just a curious observation.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    It's strange, I'm overclocked to 800 via Uberkernal (16MB Compcache), and my Pre never crashes. But it did just now on Streetview. Normally streetview gives me no problems, however I tried the Orange command key for going forward (that had been one of my big questions as I hadn't been able to figure out how to do it, if there even is a way other than those command keys) and after a few forward steps, everything just froze and I had to do a battery pull. I think the next time I try, I'll step it down to the default clock speed. In any case, it's a great app regardless and hopefully the streetview issues will get hammered out and stabilized as time goes on.

I wonder also if those of us having crashing issues with streetview are all using the Sprint Pre Minus (vs. AT&T, Verizon, and international Pre Pluses) ? That would indicate some memory management issues perhaps?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Strange.. I did see you have quite a few posts related to random rebooting, just checking to make sure you believe they are unrelated?
    I've replaced my pre since then... I've had a new pre for months now and I've never had a restart problem and I have an ATT Pre Plus
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Oh noo.... those icons smack dab in the middle of Stree View have GOT to GO!
    Panning works just find by moving the screen, you don't need a four-way button for that.
    While pinch-to-zoom isn't totally fluid, it by far beats the + - scale.. again, right in the middle of the screen.
    IMO, both of those buttons should just go away!
    Nice to see such constant updating of the app though.. great to watch its development.

p.s I was going to post a screen shot, but it's crashed Luna twice after about 5 seconds of street view.
    those +- buttons have been in for weeks :-) I can probably put a toggle in the settings for them, I use them a lot I think(at least on my pixi) they are easier to zoom in just the right amount of zoom levels, pinch works ok too but I do like the buttons.
    some way to easily navigate in street view would b great..love the app

Gx
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    Oh noo.... those icons smack dab in the middle of Stree View have GOT to GO!
    Panning works just find by moving the screen, you don't need a four-way button for that.
    While pinch-to-zoom isn't totally fluid, it by far beats the + - scale.. again, right in the middle of the screen.
    IMO, both of those buttons should just go away!
    Nice to see such constant updating of the app though.. great to watch its development.

p.s I was going to post a screen shot, but it's crashed Luna twice after about 5 seconds of street view.
    I just noticed in streetview I was messing around with controls and my machine crashed I left the nav stuff in the middle of the screen, must be what you are referring to. :-(

Anyway I just removed(well set back to the Android style) but also put a toggle in settings to completely remove zoom controls in map view.

:-)
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Don't know if someone brought it up before - I'd dearly love to have Wikipedia be one of the Layers in BFG. Would that be possible? I use BFG daily and ha ing access to Wikipedia info would just be pudding on the cake. Uh, I meant frosting.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    Don't know if someone brought it up before - I'd dearly love to have Wikipedia be one of the Layers in BFG. Would that be possible? I use BFG daily and ha ing access to Wikipedia info would just be pudding on the cake. Uh, I meant frosting.
    @JoshMend 1.0.34 is for you! :-)
    Added Wiki Layer
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Oh man, you're beyond awesome. You're like pudding and frosting stirred in one. Thanks so much!!
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I just noticed in streetview I was messing around with controls and my machine crashed I left the nav stuff in the middle of the screen, must be what you are referring to. :-(

Anyway I just removed(well set back to the Android style) but also put a toggle in settings to completely remove zoom controls in map view.

:-)
    ha, that's better, thank you!!
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I have lots , (and lots), of apps, and I can't think of one that has been updated as often as BFGMaps. The "kernel" must work on it in his sleep!

This apps is a must-have and a must-donate!

Can't wait for Latitude... no pressure, though.

... and, I like the zoom buttons too!, but, having the option to toggle them on and off, and use pinch-to-zoom is great too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    I have lots , (and lots), of apps, and I can't think of one that has been updated as often as BFGMaps. The "kernel" must work on it in his sleep!

This apps is a must-have and a must-donate!

Can't wait for Latitude... no pressure, though.

... and, I like the zoom buttons too!, but, having the option to toggle them on and off, and use pinch-to-zoom is great too.
    Thanks @ToddK I fought with Google's use of oauth for a looong time today, I finally came up with a tolerable solution soooo Latitude soon, Although I have never used Latitude so i am going to have to get familiar to make it useful I think :-)

Tim G.
    I use google latitude to locate my family members. We have nothing to hide so it is really cool to see us on google maps.