Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Well here is what I found with GPS so far, If the GPS prompt comes up and I accidentally click "Don't Allow" I am not prompted again, I don't know if there is a timeout before it prompts again but I was resetting the emulator and my phone after each test to see, after I reset the phone (once I clicked Don't allow) it would again prompt me as expected. I am not sure if this may be the issue some are having but I am completely unable to reproduce not getting a prompt under any normal use(except in the case where I hit don't allow) I am going to look and see if there is a way to re-prompt the user if it finds don't allow was pressed but I am not sure that is possible. Which means you either need to reboot or turn gps on in settings if you click don't allow and want it to work immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by kernelsandirs View Post
    Well here is what I found with GPS so far, If the GPS prompt comes up and I accidentally click "Don't Allow" I am not prompted again, I don't know if there is a timeout before it prompts again but I was resetting the emulator and my phone after each test to see, after I reset the phone (once I clicked Don't allow) it would again prompt me as expected. I am not sure if this may be the issue some are having but I am completely unable to reproduce not getting a prompt under any normal use(except in the case where I hit don't allow) I am going to look and see if there is a way to re-prompt the user if it finds don't allow was pressed but I am not sure that is possible. Which means you either need to reboot or turn gps on in settings if you click don't allow and want it to work immediately.
    I have never seen the prompt. So I'm guessing that once a person has open the app with GPS on the app does not prompt them again until the next luna restart/device reboot.
    Wow, that Microsoft Streetview from the youtube link is amazing! I didn't know they had their own version competing with Google.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandufour View Post
    One thing that would be nice : having the possibility to save locations, like google earth's pushpins.
    I was thinking the same thing, or favorites.. I've gone back and seen streetviews of several of the old places I lived growing up and would love to easily jump back to that spot again..
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, or favorites.. I've gone back and seen streetviews of several of the old places I lived growing up and would love to easily jump back to that spot again..
    I don't know if the Google Maps APIs have a feature that does this, but it would be cool to work with the starred feature of Google Maps. Just as I transferred from my Blackberry Curve to my Pre+, they came out with a version of Google Maps Mobile for the Blackberry that could read and write starred locations to and from Google Maps. If you starred an address in Google Maps Mobile, it was available in the online Google Maps and vice-versa. If there are APIs for accessing that, that would be an awesome added feature.
    Rgds/Mark M.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
    I don't know if the Google Maps APIs have a feature that does this, but it would be cool to work with the starred feature of Google Maps. Just as I transferred from my Blackberry Curve to my Pre+, they came out with a version of Google Maps Mobile for the Blackberry that could read and write starred locations to and from Google Maps. If you starred an address in Google Maps Mobile, it was available in the online Google Maps and vice-versa. If there are APIs for accessing that, that would be an awesome added feature.

I will be adding favorites & history soon
    add me to the list of having never seen the gps prompt...i have done numerous luna restarts / reboots and still nothing...if i have time tomorrow i will try to uninstall and reinstall...i have gps off on default and have tested several apps that prompt for gps and all except this app prompt me every time...
    It would be nice to be able go back and forth between the directions and the map, maybe even linking direction items to pushpins in the map.
    Keep up the good work!
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    It would be nice to be able go back and forth between the directions and the map, maybe even linking direction items to pushpins in the map.
    Keep up the good work!
    I second the motion!

(would saying "+1" be the same thing that I said today? It looks like that's what all the cool kids are doing these days. Though I'm not that into Newspeak)
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    ... Newspeak...
    Ah, but you're not beyond obscure literary references, Mr. Orwellyzila.

Update to 1.0.25 (you'll be on 1.0.125 by next week! We'll be with you every step of the way). I won't do another complete report until you announce a major change; I'll just give you feedback on what I think you worked on since the last update.

- DIRECTIONS: My Location (Lyon) to Paris now displays a pretty purple line heading NNW. Great! Exploring the direction function more, I noted:
    > direction parameters not saved, scene is blank when push the Direction button again. Imperial(US)/Metric setting not saved either
    > Prolly should drop the "(US)" text from the button. Brits are mostly and legally metric, but road signs and speeds are still in miles.
    > no way to get back to directions list
    > after using Addr Search, a house icon will be placed on the address found. If you tap on the house, a dialog will come up (Directions to here/Directions from here). Tapping on either will bring you to the Directions scene. This works just fine.

- MAP STATE: I just noticed that the last map state is saved for when the app is next opened, however the pop-menu under the Views button won't reflect the actual state when app is started (e.g. I closed/re-opened in Hybrid, but the menu has Roadmap checked off

Cheers!
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    - MAP STATE: I just noticed that the last map state is saved for when the app is next opened, however the pop-menu under the Views button won't reflect the actual state when app is started (e.g. I closed/re-opened in Hybrid, but the menu has Roadmap checked off
    Ran into something similar. Had BFG in satellite view and changed it to map view before dismissing the card. Opened it the next day and it came up in satellite view, but the view selector had roadmap selected. Not a hard workaround, simply selected satellite and came back in to select roadmap which worked fine, but something in the new logic isn't quite right. ;-)
    Rgds/Mark M.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmeltser View Post
    Ran into something similar. Had BFG in satellite view and changed it to map view before dismissing the card. Opened it the next day and it came up in satellite view, but the view selector had roadmap selected. Not a hard workaround, simply selected satellite and came back in to select roadmap which worked fine, but something in the new logic isn't quite right. ;-)
    My bad, sometimes I forget to link all these things together, there are plenty of small bugs, most of which I am aware of, these little glitches will be ironed out over time, I have certainly not grown tired of working of the app by any means, but sometimes I have a bit of a time constraint due to real job, wife, kids etc... :-)

I think I will try and clean up a ton of the small bugs for 1.0.26 before the next major change will occur. otherwise its just going to get out of hand ;-)
    I don't want to be a negative nancy or anything, as I do think that BFGMaps is a great app, but is there some functionality that I'm completely missing to search? I mean, if you don't know the street address of your destination, can I type in the business name and see a set of search results and map which one I want to go to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beestinga View Post
    I don't want to be a negative nancy or anything, as I do think that BFGMaps is a great app, but is there some functionality that I'm completely missing to search? I mean, if you don't know the street address of your destination, can I type in the business name and see a set of search results and map which one I want to go to?

Give it a try.. Type "Pizza" or something it should work, however I am currently getting the local search results via Yahoo REST API, I cannot tell you if it works in all countries etc.. but the answer is yes you can just type "Gas Station" or "Pizza" etc... (When in map view)

I am going to change the search box to include advanced search options as well soon.
    This app continues to impress me. It also makes me equally disappointed in Palm/Google for not enabling these kinds of things out of the box. Quite frankly it's just plain ghastly given that the API and webOS clearly supports it.

Any reason your using Yahoo REST API rather than Google?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I just want to say that this app has gotten me excited about webOS again in a way that Palm has failed to do in the last 3-4 months. Their lack of any updates, announcements, new hardware, everything has been about as boring as a wheat field, so thank you for giving us something exciting again while we wait in this endless dark cave on anything new Palm.
    ^^Palm has been busy with a takeover/buyout in the last 3-4 months. Stay tuned, they will have info to relase when they can and when it makes since to do so.

Also...ripping on wheat fields isn't cool.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    ^^ You're sorta taking away from my compliment :P
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I just want to say that this app has gotten me excited about webOS again in a way that Palm has failed to do in the last 3-4 months. Their lack of any updates, announcements, new hardware, everything has been about as boring as a wheat field, so thank you for giving us something exciting again while we wait in this endless dark cave on anything new Palm.
    palm has had .... well about 400% more updates than any other make or model out there since the pre first hit the market !!?? whats up with that ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Dang, all these forum leaders attacking, take it up with me in a PM, not this dev's thread plz.